Page 1 of 2 12
    03-11-2009, 05:16 PM #1

So, What's the Story on Premium Internet Radio

I signed up for Sirius "Everything" the latter part of February for our Ford Expedition. I also asked about being able to keep the internet radio at no additional cost and the answer was YES. I was also informed that on March 11th my internet radio connection would automatically be upgraded to PREMIUM as they would no longer offer the STANDARD connection.

About a week ago I called and onced again inquired about receiving the PREMIUM connection. I was told that the STANDARD connection would cease on March 11th and everyone would be automatically upgraded to the PREMIUM connection.

My connection is still set at STANDARD as of this writing. Anyone else care to share what they are currently getting?

Thanks

03-11-2009, 05:27 PM #2
    I called today and asked CSR if I should be receiving the Premium stream for free. I was told 'Yes'. I told him I wasn't and he said he needed to reprovision my account and that I would be receiving it in about an hour. I told him I have a lifetime and a recently renewed 3-yr plan. He said that he would take care of both.

So I started getting the 128k stream a little later and out of curiousity, went in to check my account. The CSR had charged me for 2 premium upgrades. I called back and told another guy what had happened. He said that I should be getting the premium for free now that they had gone to a single stream. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes and said he learned that the "free" streams are still the 32k. So I told him I just want the upgrade on 1 account. He refunded me the difference.

There is actually a difference in My Account. The premium service says "Sirius Internet Radio" and the other says "Free Online Listening".

I'm hoping they're still trying to sort things out and they just haven't made the switch yet

03-11-2009, 05:54 PM #3
    Out of curiosity, I contacted customer service again just a few minutes ago. The lady stated that sometime today (March 11th) internet radio will switch over to the premium feed. At that time there will no longer be a standard feed ................ for anyone! It will cease to exist.

I was informed again that my Lifetime subscription entitles me to the FREE PREMIUM internet connection.

So, I am now expecting the Premium connection. If not, I'm going to be pissed. These folks need to get their information correct and as far as I am concerned, when I speak with a representative, I can only trust they know what they are talking about. I nor anyone else should be held liable for their mistake .................. if there turns out to be one. Time will tell!

Thanks

03-12-2009, 05:48 PM #4

I'm Pissed!

Well, whether official or not, here is the latest:

I called customer care again today and requested to speak to a supervisor. Long story short: He advised me that of the 4 different reps. I had spoken with on various occasions, all had given incorrect information. Yes, 4 different reps. could not get their facts correct! PATHETIC!

The supervisor stated that the Standard feed was NOT going away for those already locked in before March 11. The ONLY way I could get the premium feed was to pay $2.99 per month.

This angers me because when I inquired about the Lifetime subscription in mid February, I was told that if I signed up before March 11, I would also get the Premium internet feed. That little extra was enough to "sweeten the pot", so I bit. I was also informed at that time the Standard feed was definitely being eliminated.

All the supervisor could say today was: "I apologize, but you were misinformed". I complained, but it did no good.

Before our conversation began today, I asked the supervisor one question: If you contacted a company today to inquire about their services (such as cable TV), would you tend to trust or believe their responses. He indicated, why wouldn't I? And so, there is my reason for being pissed, I trusted the responses I received on four different occasions and still did not recieve what I thought I had bargained for. All I received was an apology! Apologies are not always the answer, but that is the way big business operates nowadays.

I am going to write to his superiors which are supposedly in New York: customercare@sirius.com (somehow I believe this link only gets looked at by the lowly standard customer service rep., but I will give it a try)

As a matter of fact, I believe I will insert the link to this page when I write!

03-12-2009, 06:15 PM #5

Message Sent

Well, I was angered enough to go ahead and send my comments to the link I was provided. It was a short message, but here is the content:

Sirius stock is down ........... way down, or have you noticed!

Does Sirius really want to survive ................ no, I mean really?

If you folks don't get your act together and I mean quick, you're going to cease to exist.

Just follow this link and you will see my concern. Please take the time to read these comments and prove you can stand by your word, or should I say, your representatives word:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1582

If you will take the time to read other threads on this site and even take the time to go to other Sirius forums, you will find there are many instances where customer care reps. misinform their customers. This is totally unacceptable. So, once again, do you really care?

I hope this message will at least get forwarded to upper management. They may trash it, but at least they will know what the public is thinking and then ultimately, the burden rest on their shoulders.

Regards,

Tony Lunn
    Lifetime subscriber - however long that may prove to be is yet to be determined by how your managers continue to handle business affairs!

Enthusiast
    03-19-2009, 08:12 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by tvl View Post
    Well, I was angered enough to go ahead and send my comments to the link I was provided. It was a short message, but here is the content:

Sirius stock is down ........... way down, or have you noticed!

Does Sirius really want to survive ................ no, I mean really?

If you folks don't get your act together and I mean quick, you're going to cease to exist.

Just follow this link and you will see my concern. Please take the time to read these comments and prove you can stand by your word, or should I say, your representatives word:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1582

If you will take the time to read other threads on this site and even take the time to go to other Sirius forums, you will find there are many instances where customer care reps. misinform their customers. This is totally unacceptable. So, once again, do you really care?

I hope this message will at least get forwarded to upper management. They may trash it, but at least they will know what the public is thinking and then ultimately, the burden rest on their shoulders.

Regards,

Tony Lunn
    Lifetime subscriber - however long that may prove to be is yet to be determined by how your managers continue to handle business affairs!
    Thats odd, I bought a Sirius Sportster 5 last week and activated it on March 5th I got 3 months of Sirius XM w/ XM EVERYTHING the best of XM, and along w/ that I also got FREE Internet Radio 128bit, as long as I keep the 3 month contract, and don't cancel it, if I do nothing at the end of that 3 months it will re-new with the same terms & conditions I now have, I assume the FREE-internet-Radio-stream will be apart of that, but if it's not I won't hold my breath, I'll just eat the $2.99 in 3 months to get the internet 128bit stream, it's worth it to me.......

Enthusiast
    03-24-2009, 03:21 PM #7
    this is worth reading sort of sounds like bait and switch to me.

scott, would not just make this into a issue for fun..

03-24-2009, 06:01 PM #8
    I called customer service to bitch about the premium listenng issue and they upgraded my account to premium for free for 90 days. Not sure if they intentionally misled us or not but at any rate it was a horrible communication job by everyone involved.

Enthusiast
    03-25-2009, 10:27 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by oilcanboyd View Post
    I called customer service to bitch about the premium listenng issue and they upgraded my account to premium for free for 90 days. Not sure if they intentionally misled us or not but at any rate it was a horrible communication job by everyone involved.
    like everything else, Sirius XM is a Business trying to stay afloat , you may have gotten it FREE for 90 days, but, I can assure you that EVERYONE with a sub, will end up paying $2.99 for the Premium On-line 128 bit feed , and the $12.99 if your not a sub, there is just NO WAY around this, and nothing is really FREE, unless it's part of a promo package, or its a free ONE TIME only limited offer.......

"If you Dance to the music don't you know you have to pay to the piper" (ask your momma)*** Chairmen of the Board***** cc' 1971 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvFz7...eature=related

This is one of my all-time favorites - I somehow got the original vinyl 45 in 1971 when I was 13 or 14 years old, and I still have it.
    Last edited by denb45; 03-25-2009 at 11:02 AM.

04-04-2009, 09:06 PM #10
    I am supposed to (so I thought) receive the premium XM Radio online when I signed on for a lifetime subscription. I'm pretty sure I'm not recieving the premium feed. Furthermore..."my account" page has me listed under XMRO Basic XM Everything.

Mmm...does not appear I am getting Premium after all?

Page 1 of 2 12