11-08-2023, 06:57 PM #1

Why get rid of Deep Tracks ?????

One of my favorite channels .....bring it back to the car please !!!!!
    Getting closer to cancelling if this is the case !

11-09-2023, 08:52 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by John Starace View Post
    One of my favorite channels .....bring it back to the car please !!!!!
    Getting closer to cancelling if this is the case !
    That's what I wanna know!!

11-09-2023, 10:03 PM #3
    SiriusXM did not get rid of Deep Tracks. They moved it to a higher channel. But, as Rolling Stone reports, listeners are not happy.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...ns-1234872807/

11-09-2023, 10:23 PM #4
    Well, what can we do to put some pressure on them to bring it back to our cars ?

11-11-2023, 04:16 PM #5
    Well today in the car.....Deep Tracks was back.
    I went to browse and found it on a different channel and deleted the old one and re set it to a favorite again.....why didn't they tell us ?
    Last edited by John Starace; 11-12-2023 at 09:05 AM.

11-11-2023, 11:32 PM #6
    That's good to know. I'll have to check it out in the morning after I get off work. Thanks.

11-18-2023, 02:53 PM #7
    I went to browse and found it on a different channel and deleted the old one and re set it to a favorite again.....why didn't they tell us ?
    I believe you're mistaken. DT is not back on the radio as of this morning.

Joined: May 2020 Location: The Land of Enchantment Posts: 5
    11-28-2023, 06:50 PM #8
    Deep Tracks is on Channel 308. If you have a newer vehicle or a newer aftermarket radio, you can listen to Deep Tracks in the car. I'd be interested to know the percentage of car radios that can pick up the higher channel numbers.

At least Deep Tracks fans don't have it as bad as fans of The Loft (like me). The Loft is online only--not on the satellites at all.

It's kind of ironic, the more thoughtfully curated and programmed a channel is, the less respect it is given by the channel listing decision makers at SiriusXM. I still remember a few years ago when The Loft got yanked off the satellites for "The Eagles Channel." Nothing against the Eagles, but is there anyone in this world who thinks, "I just don't hear enough Eagles on the radio"?

I know the exclusive artists channels are just a cash grab for SiriusXM. I feel like the thoughtfully programmed stations like Deep Tracks and The Loft, where you can actually discover music you've never heard before, or re-discover a long forgotten song, are hanging by a thread on SiriusXM. Easier to have a bunch of auto-bot channels that sound like everything else on terrestrial radio.

03-28-2024, 06:35 PM #9
    Isnt Sirius owned by one of the major media companies now? Thats why theres so little amount of songs now. They have to pay the record companies royalties. But the record companies cant sell records we never hear because of greed, right?