Page 4 of 11 ... 23456 ...
    Guru
    04-22-2009, 10:04 AM #31
    i lost a 100 shares newman, i think ill be alright. GS took down siri! you were able to predict when the manipulation would happen GJ

Guru
    04-22-2009, 10:05 AM #32
    yeah it will level off round .50

Mentor
    04-22-2009, 10:05 AM #33
    If you cant beat them, join them. =/

And you know Im just messin with ya Tripp.

Addict
    04-22-2009, 10:06 AM #34
    Here we go again.

If Sirius gets above where I bought it last and I sell again and then chase higher, I could have even less shares. By the time Sirius gets to a dollar, I will have no shares left.

My strategy to sell high and buy more lower keeps backfiring because I don't sell near the top of the run, then feel I messed up, buy back slightly higher with less shares and then the drop. Example, sold at .50 after buying in at .33, then bought back at .54 afterr seeing it go as high as .63. Well you know where it hit yesterday .40.

My life in this stock - anyone else make the same stupid moves ?

With patience I could have got back in at .40 cents & screwed up royally once agan.

It looks like we will creep higher again to .low .50's again over the next few days. Then I suppose we could either get a big move up into the earnings call or may have to wait for the release to see a significant move.

Mentor
    04-22-2009, 10:09 AM #35
    sxm: Are you trading with your entire holdings? That is your key mistake... of course, I don't know what your financial situation is. If you do not have a whole lot of shares, it is best to buy and hold. I would never want to trade my entire position for exactly that reason: It is too difficult to call tops and bottoms.

If you have a decent sized portfolio, then just trade your position in 20% chunks. And come here for advice on buys and sells, but remember to DYODD.

Guru
    04-22-2009, 10:13 AM #36
    yes sxm it happened to me lets just say its annoying, not as bad as it happened to you but still that ben dude had me worried we would hit the .30's again so i dropped some when we hit .40 yesterday morning just to see it rise as soon as i sold and i bought back a cent higher

Addict
    04-22-2009, 10:17 AM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    sxm: Are you trading with your entire holdings? That is your key mistake... of course, I don't know what your financial situation is. If you do not have a whole lot of shares, it is best to buy and hold. I would never want to trade my entire position for exactly that reason: It is too difficult to call tops and bottoms.

If you have a decent sized portfolio, then just trade your position in 20% chunks. And come here for advice on buys and sells, but remember to DYODD.
    I cannot learm my lesson and I am too bold with my buys and sells. I sell my entire position with the vision of the drop for me to buy more shares lower, but then it goes much higher like the move from .50 to .63.

So even though I am kicking myself for buying at .54 and losing shares I just had, I find myself unable to control myself because I see it as a drop from .63, so think it won't go back to where I originally sold and I could at least somehwhat patch my mistake to not miss out.

Also, when I buy, I buy all because I watch the action so closely that I miss what I think is the intraday retracement bottom. I couldn't pull the trigger at .51 on Monday, so then bought all back at .54 and you know the rest of the story.

Now again I hope for another chance at it to get my shares back.

Mentor
    04-22-2009, 10:19 AM #38
    Hello Everyone. Hope today we are in better spirits. I feel holding a core, and an over core position is the only way to beat the MM's. Selling into and out of your core, is how they WANT YOU TO PLAY THIER GAME. Of course if you are the best trader in the world, its risky, so definately be careful. If your a terrible trader, like most people, (me included), buy your core low(around .05 to .30 cents and hold it, yes too late, cant help anyone on this now, where were you?) and buy and sell the jumps with extra shares. Even a small loss on these extra shares(tight stops) is acceptable, but if you can figure out the ranges, you should do quite well with this strategy. Buying and holding at these levels will WORK LONG TERM. If you dont like waiting, then you have choices. Plus, the more you wait, the more they dilute apparently.
    For instance....
    Bought yesterday at .42.
    Sold today at .45 and trying for last lot sell of .46.
    I will retarget my buys(over core only of course) at .43 and .42 cents today. Of course, that can change at any time. News.... Action...Level 2.... But it looks like a decent buy for now.
    Buys at .42 should have a .39 cent stop loss.

Mentor
    04-22-2009, 10:24 AM #39
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Hello Everyone. Hope today we are in better spirits. I feel holding a core, and an over core position is the only way to beat the MM's. Selling into and out of your core, is how they WANT YOU TO PLAY THIER GAME. Of course if you are the best trader in the world, its risky, so definately be careful. If your a terrible trader, like most people, (me included), buy your core low(around .05 to .30 cents and hold it, yes too late, cant help anyone on this now, where were you?) and buy and sell the jumps with extra shares. Even a small loss on these extra shares(tight stops) is acceptable, but if you can figure out the ranges, you should do quite well with this strategy. Buying and holding at these levels will WORK LONG TERM. If you dont like waiting, then you have choices. Plus, the more you wait, the more they dilute apparently.
    For instance....
    Bought yesterday at .42.
    Sold today at .45 and trying for last lot sell of .46.
    I will retarget my buys(over core only of course) at .43 and .42 cents today. Of course, that can change at any time. News.... Action...Level 2.... But it looks like a decent buy for now.
    Buys at .42 should have a .39 cent stop loss.
    Relmor,posted homer's links to liberty agreement over in Freedom thread,it's in the whole agreement not the shortened 8-k filing Brandon is quoting..

Mentor
    04-22-2009, 10:27 AM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    yes sxm it happened to me lets just say its annoying, not as bad as it happened to you but still that ben dude had me worried we would hit the .30's again so i dropped some when we hit .40 yesterday morning just to see it rise as soon as i sold and i bought back a cent higher

Tripp!!! don't worry about it,lord knows i've done similar as sure others have..

But your out of the LONG club...

Page 4 of 11 ... 23456 ...