Page 19 of 30 ... 9171819202129 ...
    04-09-2009, 05:18 PM #181
    Quote Originally Posted by killerkaul View Post
    Everyone.................... have a relaxing and peaceful Easter weekend.............. from............................. the Dog and I. .. killer.
    and to You and Yours the same...... Put the Rabbit Ears on the dog again..... you know how much he loves going "Cammo"

Mentor
    04-09-2009, 05:20 PM #182
    i can't beleive we increased...

The latest date is as of March 31, 2009, while the previous period's data
    is as of March 13.
    COMPANY March 31 March 13 NET CHANGE PCT CHANGE
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FIVE BIGGEST INCREASES:
    Sirius XM Radio Inc (SIRI.O) 181,243,884 161,851,340 19,392,544 11.98
    Juniper Networks Inc (JNPR.O) 51,657,729 34,911,149 16,746,580 47.97
    Fifth Third Bancorp (FITB.O) 57,577,242 46,852,292 10,724,950 22.89
    Cisco Systems Inc (CSCO.O) 76,609,376 68,721,739 7,887,637 11.48
    Huntington Bancshares (HBAN.O)51,608,090 44,474,228 7,133,862 16.04
    FIVE BIGGEST DECREASES:
    Sun Microsystems Inc (JAVA.O) 22,284,228 38,197,279 -15,913,051 -41.66
    VeriSign Inc (VRSN.O) 18,353,598 25,087,958 -6,734,360 -26.84
    Broadcom Corp (BRCM.O) 35,993,077 42,708,595 -6,715,518 -15.72
    Oracle Corp (ORCL.O) 48,609,370 55,207,242 -6,597,872 -11.95
    Gilead Sciences Inc (GILD.O) 17,040,645 23,611,695 -6,571,050 -27.83
    FIVE BIGGEST POSITIONS:
    Sirius XM Radio Inc 181,243,884 161,851,340 19,392,544 11.98
    Level 3 Comm. Inc (LVLT.O) 141,837,349 143,078,217 -1,240,868 -0.87
    Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O) 98,963,533 101,353,574 -2,390,041 -2.36
    Intel Corp (INTC.O) 95,304,819 98,819,666 -3,514,847 -3.56
    Cisco Systems Inc 76,609,376 68,721,739 7,887,637 11.48

04-09-2009, 05:38 PM #183
    http://www.businessweek.com/technolo...mpaign_id=yhoo

I am new,second post, so bear with me please. I tried to read everything before I leave for work, just made it. Our stock seems to move with the market today but could be better.
    I have a problem when it comes to certain competitors, like internet radio etc.
    I fail to see it or how bad it is for Sirius, sometimes I really think it's nothing but badmouthing, but what do I know, i am just the 800 pound gorilla in the room.
    Anyway, I found that article, link above, but again I don't see whether that's good or bad for Sirius.
    Got to go now, but I will check in later tonight, maybe someone will have a comment by then.

04-09-2009, 05:47 PM #184
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Sure I am. There isn't a blog out there worth a grain of salt that doesn't do editing. MOST top notch blogs DO NOT allow authors to post their stories until they have been reviewed. If anything, I am guilty for not doing it more based on the emails I have received.
    Charles,

As we go into the weekend I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your efforts in keeping this site / blog up and running.. I hope your headache has subsided some and you will be able to find the time to enjoy yourself as the weekend draws near...

After reading all of yesterday's posts, I was saddened to find that Brandon / CRFCEO chose the intraday public forum to air his complaints and frustrations as an apparent "Burning of the Bridge".... My comments are not about the Article but about the decision to discuss the dispute here by him. The circumstances of your business and professional relationships with writers need to be between you and them, and he clearly left you no choice ... very unprofessional IMHO.

Anyways just wanted to let you know that as we play here in OZ, I understand that you are the man behind the machine that makes it happen... thanks again....

Mentor
    04-09-2009, 06:11 PM #185
    It's Thursday........is there going to be a show tonight?

There wasn't one last week...

I'm willing to help if needed...

04-09-2009, 06:16 PM #186
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post

I am new,second post, so bear with me please. I tried to read everything before I leave for work, just made it. Our stock seems to move with the market today but could be better.
    I fail to see it or how bad it is for Sirius, sometimes I really think it's nothing but badmouthing, but what do I know, i am just the 800 pound gorilla in the room.
    Anyway, I found that article, link above, but again I don't see whether that's good or bad for Sirius.
    Got to go now, but I will check in later tonight, maybe someone will have a comment by then.
    We really don't care about what you weigh or even what species you are, so long as you can keep providing links like that one.... Its one of the better articles that I've read discussing an array of products that are making the auto, truck, or RV more like computer work stations than ever before.... The price points are still a bit high, but with volume these technologies will reach a more palatable level for most consumers... The business applications for those on the road are already cost effective....

Finding a way to make TV appropriate for the driving experience is still not practical except for the back seat, but being able to utilize already paid for services such VOIP for phone / fax, and all things Internet brings more competition for companies such a SXM for position in the Dash and more options for consumers... Streaming 3G changes things in the Cities but the rural options will be where total coverage still needs to be developed for the WIFI experience to work well... I think the idea of a Wifi access point on wheels is a wake up call to companies not able to monetize their product via the Internet and 3,4G streaming and beyond technology...

Mentor
    04-09-2009, 06:58 PM #187
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post

I have said it once and I will say it again: Internet connectivity in the vehicle will ONLY HELP sirius. Granted, they will have more competition for listening time, but Sirius will still have what the others dont: (more or less) exclusive content and commercial free programming. Think about it: How are all of these internet radio stations supposed to survive? There are already laws and regulations in place that will not allow video to play visable to a driver while the vehicle is in motion. That is why you cannot program navigation units while the car is going over 3 miles per hour, and front-seat TV systems turn off when the car is put in gear. This makes it necessary to place all advertisements into audio form, meaning they will be no better than terrestrial radio.

I will add a caveat to the above statement: Internet connectivity will ONLY HELP sirius IF IT UTILIZES IT. If Sirius doesn't start changing with the times, they are going to get left in the dust.

Sirius can use the internet capabilities one their own to help improve their own product. With WiFi capabilities, Sirius XM may no longer need to maintain a terrestrial repeater network. The FCC has already stated that Sirius cannot broadcast local advertisements using a repeater network, but did it restrict using WiFi and the internet to provide local advertising? In areas where WiFi is available, is it possible that Sirius could adapt a Slacker-type approach and allow people to program their "own" stations? Each of these are potential revenue and consumer generators that Sirius does not currently have access to, but could become reality with WiFi capabilities in vehicles.

WiFi will definately add competition for Sirius XM, but it also adds possibilities.

Mentor
    04-09-2009, 07:25 PM #188
    If there is no SiriusBuzz radio show tonight, I blame Brandon and Charles.....oh, and Tyler too.

It's only an hour for crying out loud....

I would be willing to help out and do it on the thursdays that you guys can't....let me know.
    Last edited by Demian; 04-09-2009 at 07:57 PM.

Enthusiast
    04-09-2009, 08:31 PM #189
    Newman, I don't see how Internet connectivity will "ONLY HELP" Sirius. I can see how it would hurt Sirius as well. I see Subscribers who really only care about sports, dropping Sirius once all the different sports come out with their own Internet Apps. If Internet in the car and 3g coverage becomes fairly common, I won't don't see how Sirius XM will be able to justify carrying sports.

I also liked the article in the News section. I'm keen to see how they start promoting SiriusXM in the coming months. They really need to start having a prominent presence in the concert scene along with broadcasting live concerts.

Personally.. I'm worried that more providers of unique content will go the internet route as this method of transmission becomes ubiquitous. Eventually, some smart person will figure out how to set up a "store front" and, in coordination with the various content providers, create various packages that will make it extremely easy for people to purchase the different content (Sports, live concerts, whatever).

Where is that going to leave Sirius?

Before you or anyone else beats me up on that, I'm holding over 130k shares that I have averaged down to .80 since the SP was over 3 bucks. I'm a true long (and some may say truly stupid). Having said that, I'd appreciate hearing your or anyone else's opinion on how they think the emerging internet presence of sports (for now.. other content later) will affect Sirius subscriber numbers. I'm guessing we get to .80 which makes me whole, but doesn't seem to be enough for the stress this thing has put me through. I'd love for my bet to pay off and in a big way, but I have to say that I'm worried in the long term (2 years out?).

So how bout it? Come up with some concrete examplese of how Sirius can thrive in this market place?

Banned
    04-09-2009, 08:38 PM #190
    Just for the record: Reply 1 from from head honcho...in response to me being put on reveiw status: You tell me if this was censorship.
    After all the back and forth I would have been crazy not to. I don't know
    what the **** is going on and how heated these arguments are.

I just skimmed your article and there is a lot of I,I,I,me,me,me and my
    opinion. Why not just give us facts?

Again here at the end you say that people would be "insane" but that is no
    fact based and your comment donest make sense to me.

"To believe that this group of people will run out and buy high priced
    iPhones and Blackberry's to replace their in dash car radios is just
    insane."

I didnt go out and buy an iPhone to replace my radio... I bought an iPhone
    for a myriad of other reasons and it just so happens that is plug right
    into the front of my car stereo. Please don't overlook the fact that
    people already have iPhones and they are simple to plug into a car stereo.
    To think that people will buy an iPhone to replace a car stereo is
    crazy... because thats not why you buy an iPhone.

You also say int he title that the internet will not replace satellite
    radio but its not the internet. Its wifi enabled products that can listen
    to the radio. The fact that the station is from the internet matters as
    much as where Sirius XM comes from. The delivery system makes no
    difference. Its radio.

Chuck

Reply number 2: after pointing out that the word "I" appeared only twice and the word "me" not at all

It's not the total number of "I" and "me" it’s the tone. I just got home from work and I have time to actually read the article but it appears that it is gone.

Ah… I now see that is on satwaves and it has changed a bit.

I guess I am missing something because I don't think the argument has a basis.

Your first point cites ad based internet music, but, I can pay $2.99 to kill the ads which is way cheaper than a Sirius xm sub. If you are going to compare, then compare premium to premium service.

Also, you are comparing a cell phone to satellite radio and not a service to a service. If you want… compare a cell phone to a stiletto or Sirius xm to slacker but you can't mix and match.

Saying something is "insane" doesn’t make it so. If my stiletto made phone calls for free, I would use my stiletto (which I bought for another reason) to make phone calls. Just like if my phone happened to play music better than an ipod (which hundreds of millions of people rely on for music) I would use it to listen to music. Like I said, compare service to service or hardware to hardware but you can't mix them.

The only real article here IMO is Sirius XM's exclusive content because in a year or so, that is all they will have. I can already listen to cnn and fox online and I am sure I could create a rock station on slacker better than anything on Sirius un under 5 minutes. The iPhone is already streaming 3g and picks up internet music stations just fine so, now the only thing I can't get on my iPhone is EXCLUSIVE content. Screw the sports channels, they are all local anyway and I can now purchase a whole season of baseball for a couple of bucks.

Page 19 of 30 ... 9171819202129 ...