02-20-2024, 03:23 PM #1

Cancelling after 20 years

I have been a subscriber for 20 years. In that time XM has consistently removed content I enjoyed: the Folk channel, the Eclectic music channel, two of the three classical channels (yes I know Met Opera is on the app - i don't want to use the app when I drive), Major league Baseball, etc. just so they could add ever more pop crap already being played on other channels. The last channel of value they added was the Beatles and that was what, ten years ago? I've held on for years, but the last straw was they cancelled one of the two programs that kept me: Millennium of Music. If I have to use the app anyway, I'll just switch to Pandora on shuffle. So long.

02-20-2024, 06:02 PM #2
    That's a shame. For $5 a month I believe SiriusXM holds a lot of value, if only for the simulcast news channels alone. There are easier ways to use the app while you are driving. Purchase a $12 "Alexa Auto" device for your car that plugs into a USB port, and it will automatically connect to your phone when you jump in your vehicle, and all you have to do is say "Alexa play Met Opera Radio on SiriusXM". Alexa Auto also controls Amazon Music so you can request specific artists or albums, all hands free. Voice command is so much safer than messing with a screen while driving down the highway at 75 mph.

02-23-2024, 12:51 PM #3
    It's $10 a month for the app from what I'm seeing and the app doesn't have the same features as the radio does. That still doesn't address the issue of them consistently deleting content that I enjoy to load up with content I don't. And I find it insulting that I have to pay an extra fee to get the app just to listen to what used to be included. I've had enough.

02-23-2024, 03:59 PM #4
    I'm paying $5 a month for both an XM receiver and the app (just threaten to cancel service and they should lower your bill). The app offers many more channels than the tuner does.

03-28-2024, 04:35 PM #5
    Yeah but we paid for the service we shouldn't have to eat up our data plan to hear the channels we once had on the tuner.Im with the original poster on this.
    Sirius should stop taking our channels away in favor of crap.