Page 22 of 30 ... 122021222324 ...
    Guru
    04-09-2009, 11:02 PM #211
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post

good comments and it appears to me that we have two scenarios. One being the present and what is real that consumers can use and enjoy today, while relying on the fact that it will not go by the way of the dinosaur in 6 months. The second is how does Sirius Xm position itself in the future, in a Darwinian way, not to be one of the companies that go extinct.
    This is the big debate for us longs...how long should I hold...to $7 a share, $40 share...Can Sirius XM react quickly enough to position itself as the DADDY (if you will) of the new technologies....I see sirius xm buying the competition...or mocking the competition to oblivion....I think they are too big and becoming too powerful to not buy startups out...they will be the top of the mobile media pyramid (if they are on the ball)

Guru
    04-09-2009, 11:03 PM #212
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Cos understand perfectly what you are saying,3 yrs down the road is when sirius will have to have a plan now to expand and change with consumer's needs and wants.Not a tech guy so leave that to others to converse about.
    But am an investor,so all i care about is making money and to me i'll have made my money on the 3 years where the odds are tremendously in their favor,then gone..I think you are looking at it more as a customer and fan of SATRAD than an investor.JMHO..I'll still be a cutomer,love the product,but things could change drastically by then...EX:Microsoft was a monopoly from 1985-2001.stock price soared then look at it today....Cable same thing..
    Their will be competition some day,but not now..
    Yes, yes, and yes (maybe another yes also, but yes)

04-09-2009, 11:05 PM #213
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Relmor....doesn't it almost get annoying how obvious this all is?

Everything about Sirius is real 19 million subscribers. Satellites in the sky...penetration in the auto industry...

and they say sirius is speculative...lol...if sirius xm has all of the above going for it and is speculative...then what is everything else?
    I did some consulting for a company called Phonefree.com a long time ago. All they had were a few offices and a little room stuffed with servers. They were talking going public. I thought to myself "what the hell, they have maybe 200k worth of crap here and they wanna go public? They saw the value in their product. I had seen 200k worth of IT then I saw the dotcom burst. Contract over........

I felt it was like the Wizard of Oz. BTW how long are confidentiality agreements good for? They had national commercials, people burning their phone bills on TV all that! I felt like Toto!

Their is substance and value in Siri.

Addict
    04-09-2009, 11:06 PM #214
    I was updating my quicken stock price manually and put in $ 35 instead of .35 and I had a portfolio of 3.1 million - LOL

Talk about a dream.

I really just want 1.50 & I'd be ecstatic.

Guru
    04-09-2009, 11:08 PM #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    You say that someone will start up a storefront to sell all of these things... What if Sirius WAS that storefront? I think they already are. All of these people that start heading to the internet... If they are popular enough, Sirius will try to get them to add their stream to Sirius as well.

As my final point: WiFi is not everywhere, and it will take a LONG time to get everywhere. Even then, it will be like cable: You cant get everywhere cost effectively. Those remote areas will be covered ONLY by satellite. Sirius (if they are smart) will utilize the internet and WiFi capabilities the their fullest potential, but when internet just doesnt cut it anymore or the signal is not there, they will still have their satellites beaming down. The same cannot be said for the internet.
    yes and yes...cross your fingers that Mel knows this and is headed in this direction. His latest comments are exactly what we want.... to paraphrase "now we can concentrate on building this company"

"NOW" we can concentrate on building this company

I say saaaweeeet! you go mel (he is not stupid by anymeans)

Mentor
    04-09-2009, 11:16 PM #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeboo1 View Post
    Newman I think your a little short sighted on the Wifi aspect. Satellites are one-way communicators to most consumers most only broadcast to consumers and receive from their feed. Every Siri radio currently can only receive a signal. It cant respond and send any information to the company. This is why when Hughes net first started satellite internet you had to logon with a dialup connection. The dialup would then communicate what site etc. you wanted to go to and then the Sat would send the info back down to you. This is all academic and I'm sure you know this. This was for others that don't

Wifi would allow people to respond to virtually anything! Perhaps a song press a button and Wifi tells Siri that you want it on your playlist or purchase it. Any commercial press a button Siri emails you more information regarding product. Proflowers.com commercial 30 percent off! push a button select a contact/Mom, flowers on the way billed to your CC automatically. On and on the possibilities are endless.

Wifi will hopefully help Siri if they embrace it properly.

I have previously worked in the satellite industry for many years. I personally have never seen such an opportunity as this. Consumers receive top quality connection by Sat. Who gives a damn if it takes 5-30 minutes for the info that you send back over Wifi over a spotty crappy connection? It does not affect your "receiving" end at all. BRILLIANT!

RESPOND TO ME SIRIUSBUZZ COMMUNITY!!
    You see, you are not properly reading my posts. What makes you think that future Sirius radios will not be wifi? In fact, Brandon mentioned that when he went to NY and toured the Sirius building, he was told that ALL future radios would be WiFi. Perhaps that was meant as all PORTABLE radios, or perhaps just as it was said: ALL radios.

The problem that you (and many many many others) fail to realize is the fact that all of these ideas you and everyone else mention could be placed into a satellite radio just as easy as it could be put into a new phone or OEM install or what ever. Remember when I added that caveat that Sirius needed to change with the times? This is what I was talking about. If they added WiFi capabilities to every single radio that got produced and added the right functionality, SatRad would be everything you just mentioned and more as long as WiFi was available.
    What if WiFi is not available? Well, then you still have the satellites beaming down your music, comedy, talk, etc, etc, etc. You could STILL have all of the same options even when WiFi wasnt available, but instead it would store the command and send it as soon as a signal was available.

You talk about Satellite Radio like it is in a vacuum. Technology can change but Sirius cant? That, my friend, is shortsighted...

04-09-2009, 11:22 PM #217
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Cos understand perfectly what you are saying,3 yrs down the road is when sirius will have to have a plan now to expand and change with consumer's needs and wants.Not a tech guy so leave that to others to converse about.
    But am an investor,so all i care about is making money and to me i'll have made my money on the 3 years where the odds are tremendously in their favor,then gone..I think you are looking at it more as a customer and fan of SATRAD than an investor.JMHO..I'll still be a cutomer,love the product,but things could change drastically by then...EX:Microsoft was a monopoly from 1985-2001.stock price soared then look at it today....Cable same thing..
    Their will be competition some day,but not now..

Well it is true that I look at it as a fan and a customer but, I am an investor who has been in for a while and got trapped by the merger fiasco.... I guess I was trying to say that as an investor there really isn't much to worry about over the next three years. In reality for me I will probably be out of this stock before any R/S, depending on momentum at the time... I'm just looking for double up and out from here on... My total in now is about 90K shares a total CPS of 1.27. My goal is to get my CPS to under a buck and I still feel that possible over the next couple of months. I just need a couple of pops and drops adding up to 25K extra shares and I'll be their. I hate to tell you what my average was in Sept 08, with a lot less shares... It has been a grind for me and many other longs...

04-09-2009, 11:33 PM #218
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    I was updating my quicken stock price manually and put in $ 35 instead of .35 and I had a portfolio of 3.1 million - LOL

Talk about a dream.

I really just want 1.50 & I'd be ecstatic.
    I'll take my pre merger cost basis of 2.40.... that's actually what I feel I was robbed of by staying through the merger and all the BS afterward. Not to mention the Chest Tightening BK event...... Oh well time for me to go dream some pleasant thoughts.... Night All....

04-09-2009, 11:33 PM #219
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    You see, you are not properly reading my posts. What makes you think that future Sirius radios will not be wifi? In fact, Brandon mentioned that when he went to NY and toured the Sirius building, he was told that ALL future radios would be WiFi. Perhaps that was meant as all PORTABLE radios, or perhaps just as it was said: ALL radios.

The problem that you (and many many many others) fail to realize is the fact that all of these ideas you and everyone else mention could be placed into a satellite radio just as easy as it could be put into a new phone or OEM install or what ever. Remember when I added that caveat that Sirius needed to change with the times? This is what I was talking about. If they added WiFi capabilities to every single radio that got produced and added the right functionality, SatRad would be everything you just mentioned and more as long as WiFi was available.
    What if WiFi is not available? Well, then you still have the satellites beaming down your music, comedy, talk, etc, etc, etc. You could STILL have all of the same options even when WiFi wasnt available, but instead it would store the command and send it as soon as a signal was available.

You talk about Satellite Radio like it is in a vacuum. Technology can change but Sirius cant? That, my friend, is shortsighted...
    Sorry I have never had the opportunity to talk to Brandon, Tell him Hey Now for me if you ever get the chance to talk to him again. If there was a post about the wifi scenario sorry I missed it. If all of this is known than why all the smack being talked about Wifi killing SatRad?

Why isn't there more comments about how Wifi may be a plus for Siri? Lastly why is Charles talking about his nuclear powered cell phone with its own NASA docking station in his car so he doesn't have to worry about battery issues? I picture the car that Homer made on the Simpsons, Microwave, Slurpee machine etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentor
    04-09-2009, 11:34 PM #220
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    Well it is true that I look at it as a fan and a customer but, I am an investor who has been in for a while and got trapped by the merger fiasco.... I guess I was trying to say that as an investor there really isn't much to worry about over the next three years. In reality for me I will probably be out of this stock before any R/S, depending on momentum at the time... I'm just looking for double up and out from here on... My total in now is about 90K shares a total CPS of 1.27. My goal is to get my CPS to under a buck and I still feel that possible over the next couple of months. I just need a couple of pops and drops adding up to 25K extra shares and I'll be their. I hate to tell you what my average was in Sept 08, with a lot less shares... It has been a grind for me and many other longs...
    I hear ya,stuck my toe in at 30k shares at $1.44 in early august.then the bk
    scare started and i caught a break and got in at .25 then .195 and last was
    200K shares at .135 for total 400k at .26 avg..Had a budget of 75k to play with,but saw the Value and went higher,all with money i can risk tho...
    My personal advice for all here is, if they can, avg down or buy more,but only with money they can walk away from and sleep at night...there is always risk involved with every investment,but some odds are better than others.
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 04-09-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Page 22 of 30 ... 122021222324 ...