Page 16 of 19 ... 61415161718 ...
    Addict
    04-02-2009, 04:45 PM #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Bullshit. The guys a paid basher of the NAB.
    It doesn't matter. I don't see anything in the article that shows a bias. I see both sides presented, and actually liked the upside stuff. Look, I'm trying to paint a picture here of what mainstream investors may think. I don't have the skin in the game as a lot of you do on this. I may have more or less $ invested..I don't know. But, I do know I don't have the amount of time invested in it as you guys do, so I respect your allegiance to the stock and your upset over anything negative that is discussed in the media. But, most investors out there are totally impartial (emotionally, that is). They just want to make $ and could care less about allegiance to anything but their bank accounts. So, I'm just saying, I don't really care who writes this stuff, or their political/business pursuasion. Info is info and the more you have the better. You have to know that there will always be stuff written which has a negative opinion of just about any stock you may own, but especially when it comes to penny stocks, and even more so with penny stocks that are famous in the market, like Sirius XM is. Howard Stern brings the good...and the bad. The good is obvious. The bad is more coverage from the media, and some of it, not so good. Just the way I see it.

04-02-2009, 04:47 PM #152
    ...this part of the article had me laughing a bit.

"Of course, traditional so-called “terrestrial” radio outlets remain Sirius’ largest competitive threat.

Pundits rightfully ask, “Why pay for radio when you can get it for free?” It is an important question that Sirius tries to answer through its ad-free channels and unique programming.

A bitter recession is hampering the company’s efforts to draw subscribers. With packages ranging from $6.99 per month to $19.99 per month, Sirius’ services are fairly inexpensive when compared to monthly cell phone plans, cable bills and Internet-access fees.

But when budgets get tight, the company is quickly realizing one of the first expenses cut is Sirius’ subscriptions. After all, “Why pay when you can get it for free?”

It's a good question. Maybe asking the nearly 20,000,000 that are new or continuing subscribers could answer that for him.

Guru
    04-02-2009, 04:52 PM #153
    relmar, You see what I mean even "underway" still looks at this as a speculative stock and he has been here for a little while so how do you think the rest of the market feels.

Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    I just read the article. Actually, I don't think it's garbage. It's pretty comprehensive and lays out the upside and downside pretty well. I didn't check all of his facts (sub growth, and debt numbers), but he paints a balanced picture of this stock. It is a high risk play, where anyone who invests needs to be able to lose it all and not jump off the Brooklyn Bridge. I mean how many stocks drop in value to a nickel/share and aren't considered high risk investments? I firmly believe SIRI will emerge on top and I've invested a decent amount of $ in it, but.....I'm fully aware of the risk. I appreciate all news about the company, even articles that may not be 'pro SIRI' because they also reflect a lot of what big investors think. After all, only the big money guys are going to really move this stock. Guys like me, not so much.

underway, I am not sure how long you have been invested in SIRI/XMSR/SIRIXM but I dont consider SIRIXM at this point in time a spec stock at least not like I used to back 7 and 8 years ago. Then they had mountians of debt and no revenue what so ever coming in. Now they have a monopoly in their specific sector and 2.4 billion in revenue coming in a year. Unlike before the metrics are showing there is a light at the end of the tunnel unlike before when they just started to dig it without knowing if they even finish it (it had never been tested before).

Addict
    04-02-2009, 04:53 PM #154
    Quote Originally Posted by audiciter View Post
    Yeah, I don't have too many problems with the article EXCEPT that most of the negative information they are pushing now is pretty far fetched. Most talk of other forms of entertainment basically killing Sirius off; Internet Radio (which they ALL fail to mention are in a real bad spot right now with royalties), Basic Radio (has garbage for content and piss poor quality), etc.
    Agreed that the so-called competition from internet radio and old fashioned AM/FM radio is overblown. But, no worries. The marketplace will take care of that. Satellite is the BEST delivery system to put an electronic signal into a car on the move. WIFI and WIMAX aren't going to cut it, at least with today's tech and infrastructure. SIRI has a window to make it big, and the time is now.
    And, that's why I don't let the various negative commentary in the media bother me. At the end of the day, this stock isn't moving up very far now because there's no more news coming out of the company itself. All of this 'news' is opinion, and the market's big players, who will ultimately move this stock up, know full well the old expression about opinions....they're like assholes, eveyone has one. So, who the F cares what anyone prints now? Either postive, negative, fair & balanced'.....doesn't mean an f'n thing to the price of this stock now. Big money talks, that's it.

Mentor
    04-02-2009, 04:58 PM #155
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    What are you talking about.
    Forget it. I think Im talking to myself with this one. No worries buddy.

Addict
    04-02-2009, 05:01 PM #156
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    relmar, You see what I mean even "underway" still looks at this as a speculative stock and he has been here for a little while so how do you think the rest of the market feels.

underway, I am not sure how long you have been invested in SIRI/XMSR/SIRIXM but I dont consider SIRIXM at this point in time a spec stock at least not like I used to back 7 and 8 years ago. Then they had mountians of debt and no revenue what so ever coming in. Now they have a monopoly in their specific sector and 2.4 billion in revenue coming in a year. Unlike before the metrics are showing there is a light at the end of the tunnel unlike before when they just started to dig it without knowing if they even finish it (it had never been tested before).
    I think it's a spec stock with certain fundamentals that makes it a good bet. But, let's face it. GM is a spec stock right now. So is Ford. What I mean is when SP is so low and a company has huge debt and the economy is in the tank, and sales are sputtering, you gotta look at troubled companies as spec stocks. But, hey, that's a good thing! That's where fortunes are made! Investing in blue chips cost a fortune and you may not make more on the SP than you do on the damn dividends (like Pfizer, where i used to work...I saw that 'solid stock' dive from $50/share to f'n $12 over ten years). These stories abound.
    Guys....we are in SIRI because we believe she's gonna fly. So, let the naysayers publish their neg opinions all they want. Once the GOOD NEWS comes from Mel K, then watch out. Let's all hope for GOOD REAL HARD NEWS from SIRI. Ignore the little putzes who publish stuff that you don't like...but read it, absorb it, and learn all you can from all of it. It just serves to make you look at the biz fundamentals even harder. Is that a bad thing? Not to me, when I have $ invested in something. The more I learn, the better.

Enthusiast
    04-02-2009, 05:04 PM #157
    Can the Sats provide WiFi coverage? Can you imagine if all of Sirius XM's sats could blanket the entire U.S. with WiFi.

Mentor
    04-02-2009, 05:05 PM #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Relmor ? for you. Any guess at the low in the next two days? I am at 3/5 position and might sell 2/5 to wrap up this gain( 170% short term gain)(avg sh pr .132. The stock has been range bound for a short while now. Any thoughts? The stock is trending down close to .35, I feel I might be able to reenter around .33....although I don't like going through a weekend with a small position...considering the stock market is open on Sat for rich people atleast..lol. If we finish strong today I might move 1/5 and watch the open tomorrow.

Big Ben
    You have a really nice average. Wow. Very very good. Dont sell a share. IMVHO. Add on touches off .32, and .34 to full position. Sell on break past .42. Why sell now? Are you nervous? Do you expect bad news soon? If not, then I would hold here. Your in a tight range, this should not be a bad thing for your buy in average. You risk reward here is good. If you have weak hands, set your tolerance price(.25, .30, .32, .34) And sell on it hitting that. Keep your core position, which you shouldnt be touching here.
    If you say you are at 3/5 full position, Im going to assume you are 1/10 over your core position. If that is true, and you are itching to sell shares, sell when it hits .38-.40 area, and look to rebuy on a bounce back. Hold your core, and add on weakness. If your holding 3/5 of your core position, then you should be adding shares here not looking to sell. Hope Ive been helpful. I have weaker hands than you. Ive already sold all shares under .15 cents. I have rebought in this range to play the next range. I hold shares right now at .17 cents, .30 cents, .31 cents, and .37 cents. I am at a full position(double my core.)

04-02-2009, 05:06 PM #159
    I agree that it doesn't matter what is reported. What matters IMHO is what technology comes out during the June 6 conference in California or any other cool apps before then.

You might want to read up on some of the satellites being sent up now to support oil and gas technology, ocean observing, etc. Most people living on the Gulf Coast know that if you don't have satellite tv, radio, etc ...you will likely not have communication and or entertainment at some point during the hurricane season (and usually for longer than a month). I know 100s of people that subscribe to SIRIUS XM just to get the weather information. It really sucks when all the terrestrial infrastructure is blown away and that happens when the storms make landfall 100s of miles away from you.

And remember the highest populations are in coastal regions.

Banned
    04-02-2009, 05:07 PM #160
    http://www.todaysfinancialnews.com/i...n-me-6783.html

In this article, the idiot (and I can't believe we are giving him this much attention, first attacks Mel Karmazin (of the Hartlieb saga)

Unfortunately, too many Sirius XM Radio (NASDAQ:SIRI) investors are not heeding this advice. They have their hearts tied to the failing company and are paying desperately as Mel Karmazin rides the company into bankruptcy.
    Followed by this stellar advice telling people not to buy it at .12, (200% ago..)

Unfortunately, with the value of their shares down to just $0.12, it is too late for many Sirius investors to find a path towards profitability. After all, when you are down 95% on the year, what is another couple of percentage points?

If Wall Street thought the company had a viable plan to get rid of its billion-dollar debt load, shares would not be plummeting.
    Sirius is a trap that emotional investors are pushing each other out of the way to fall into. Do not join them. Wall Street is no place for emotions, especially in this market.

Page 16 of 19 ... 61415161718 ...