Page 7 of 24 ... 5678917 ...
    02-03-2009, 12:06 AM #61
    Got a question for those who are playing with DRYS.

Are you following/using the BDI indexes?

Guru
    02-03-2009, 12:07 AM #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    And thanks for the email bill. Interesting info.
    You are welcome.

Guru
    02-03-2009, 12:10 AM #63
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    with a stock that has been so beat down like siri its possible it could be awhile before a pullback, hopefully its not just wishful thinking, smart money is on a pullback though
    It could go on a run....not impossible. Have you noticed how many people are visiting the forum now?? Lots.....it has really picked up in the last 4 days or so. If it goes on a run, be ready to bail if you can afford to then re-invest on the pullback.

Some people can do this, some people cannot.

02-03-2009, 12:11 AM #64
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Everywhere I look now (good locations), they are saying buy to strong buy. This started coming out on Sunday.

I am personally just going to go with the flow on SIRI. I think Tripps has the right idea.
    Man I hope so guys!! Just the converts/or shares loaned out to short still make us no.1 on the hit list.

Guru
    02-03-2009, 12:12 AM #65
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Got a question for those who are playing with DRYS.

Are you following/using the BDI indexes?
    Screw DRYS, lol, I was reading some on DRYS today and their ships won't even cover their debt. They are in serious trouble. On the contrary, EGLE may be one of my next moves...maybe tomorrow. check it out...if you need info, let me know and I will email it to you. It is a shipping company that is greatly undervalued.
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-03-2009 at 12:15 AM.

02-03-2009, 12:21 AM #66
    Screw DRYS, lol, I was reading some on DRYS today and their ships won't even cover their debt. They are in serious trouble. On the contrary, EGLE may be one of my next moves...maybe tomorrow. check it out...if you need info, let me know and I will email it to you. It is a shipping company that is greatly undervalued.
    Thanks, Bill, yeah you know me, everyone sees the same thing from a different angle.

Here is a link, one of many for the Baltic Dry Index for you if you want.

http://www.investmenttools.com/futur..._dry_index.htm

I am working on like 3 different things all at once tonight so I am out until later, have a good one everyone!!!

Guru
    02-03-2009, 12:27 AM #67
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Thanks, Bill, yeah you know me, everyone sees the same thing from a different angle.

Here is a link, one of many for the Baltic Dry Index for you if you want.

http://www.investmenttools.com/futur..._dry_index.htm

I am working on like 3 different things all at once tonight so I am out until later, have a good one everyone!!!
    You are right, everyone does...Remember I was hot on DRYS a week ago?? Then everybody told me that everything went to crap with it...lol...after waiting all of that time to buy it. I was disappointed...HOWEVER...The Baltic Dry Index is up today. I don't know what to make of it, I am going to check your link out right now. Thank you.

What I can see, right off hand, it went up. I really don't know "that much" about that index. I understand the charts, but where I am in the dark is how these different companies combine in the index. That is what throws me off. If you can explain that, I would be greatly appreciative.
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-03-2009 at 12:34 AM.

02-03-2009, 12:40 AM #68
    You are right, everyone does...Remember I was hot on DRYS a week ago?? Then everybody told me that everything went to crap with it...lol...after waiting all of that time to buy it. I was disappointed...HOWEVER...The Baltic Dry Index is up today. I don't know what to make of it, I am going to check your link out right now. Thank you.

What I can see, right off hand, it went up. I really don't know "that much" about that index. I understand the charts, but where I am in the dark is how these different companies combine in the index. That is what throws me off. If you can explain that, I would be greatly appreciative.
    RTFM!! Just kidding Bill!! I am just getting around to learning a little about the BDI, it is interesting and would serve as a good reference/tool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baltic_...x#How_it_works

Guru
    02-03-2009, 12:56 AM #69
    I bookmarked the page, looks like a lot of reading, but at first glance it makes sense. I will read it tomorrow. Thanks for the link. I hear about it all the time and just stand there and go..."Well....o.k.", but now I will make an effort to check it out. I will learn it.

A man can only know so many things,, haha

Mentor
    02-03-2009, 01:04 AM #70
    Bill

Looking at Siri Really doesn't matter if I pay .115 or .13 at my avg only makes about a .02 difference. I will either come up short or we will blow right by my avg in the high .50's and the .02 will be a moot point. I vote for the later. i sure hope siriusXMInverstor does not find this thread. What an overbearing idiot.

Checked out Tripps link STOX...rated siri a buy with bullish uptrend in one area..then neutral short term,,bearish near mid-term..any thoughts?

Page 7 of 24 ... 5678917 ...