Page 18 of 25 ... 81617181920 ...
    Head Honcho
    06-19-2009, 11:15 PM #171
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    so, IMO, in order for slacker/pandora to prosper vs the sirius app, they would need to stream popular terrestrial personalities just to have a chance. the current content is way too inferior. you have alot more choices with sirius.
    True but, that is also why having Howard is so important. They need their premium content to stand out but their best premium content is not available. I understand the issues with all of the sports licensing stuff but when you talk about the top non music channels on Sirius XM, they are not on this application. That is bad. You are dead on about what makes them stand out now, lets get it all onto the app.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    gimme some edges they have over sirius . id like to hear more of your opinion now that the sirius app is officially released and the #2 free download on itunes.
    In general, as a company...

1. They are free (although I dont care about that)
    2. The online quality of the feed is better.
    3. The ability to customize and cut out the BS when it comes to music.

Make no mistake about it, the Sirius app is #2 for today, NOT overall. Lets just be clear about that. I hope it is number 1 for the next year straight but, I am not going to crow about it until at least 30 days goes by and they can sustain that position.

Would you rather Sirius hold the #10 spot for 1 year or the number #2 spot for 2 weeks?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-19-2009, 11:15 PM #172
    It just occurred to me, on Fast Money no mention Howard was
    not on the new app.
    Maybe it won't make a difference he's not on there.

Julie

Guru
    06-19-2009, 11:24 PM #173
    yes! fast money, suit guy tries to downplay the news while he though how he could get to a computer and cover during the commercial break, and the yellow shirt pooped his pants...great break in news...guy on the phone said he was "talking to sirius xm" so we must have some plan to release news over the next few days!! nice

Enthusiast
    06-19-2009, 11:28 PM #174
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    not on the new app.

Julie
    Julie, I think these clowns were so surprised by the upbeat SIRI news that they froze and couldn't respond with the usual smarmy comebacks that could have neutralized the information. They are smooth when in control, but experience the same emotions when ambushed. They experienced the same fear and panic that they create on a daily basis for long investors. JMHO

Head Honcho
    06-19-2009, 11:28 PM #175
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    not on the new app.

Julie
    Or because those guys reporting the news are ignorant. Just throwing that idea out there

I work online for a living so its funny to me to watch all of these reports on 24 hour news channels talk about online social media stuff when they dont know what they are talking about. You dont have to do what I do for a living to see that, I am sure a lot of you guys have heard someone mention twitter and when they were finished you had no idea what the hell they were saying... thats because they didnt either.

10 to 1, that the guy who mentioned the Sirius XM app was #2, has no idea what that means. He doesnt know if its daily, weekly, overall, or a moving average. He probably doesn't have an iPhone and he has probably never seen the app store. He probably doesnt know how long the app store has been open for nor does he understand how many apps have been downloaded.

I can't wait until these 24 hour news stations get some younger hipper people in place to decipher all of this stuff, I honestly think you just might see that shift in the next few years to get rid of the older out of touch news anchors... or maybe its already happening... I rarely watch 24 hour news.

The really scary thing is... old and out of touch could mean 40-45 at this point and I will be turning 30 this year
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    06-19-2009, 11:33 PM #176
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    channel 355 directv, watching fast money now, how far into the show?
    Hey imromo, you still watching fast money? It seems they cut out the SIRI report!!!??? Is it still on DTV?

Guru
    06-19-2009, 11:38 PM #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    Romo, this may have been I answered and I missed it, but is this ranking based on all time or daily?
    dunno, but from the sounds of the fast money report it is on track for most downloaded of all time...and or fastest in 2 days, somewhere theres a link that said it is possible to have been 500,000 downloads per day.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 11:40 PM #178
    Quote Originally Posted by MLSiri View Post
    Hey imromo, you still watching fast money? It seems they cut out the SIRI report!!!??? Is it still on DTV?
    stopped watching cause i found it online, keep an eye at 11:50 someone above said it was originally on at 5:50pm maybe that will be the time? I found the link to the site on cnbc,

Enthusiast
    06-19-2009, 11:42 PM #179
    Quote Originally Posted by MLSiri View Post
    Something funny is going on at cnbc. It seems they cut short the fast money replay and there's some options program on now. Also, the channel guide showed Mad Money was supposed to be on twice in a row when it normally has Fast Money 8:00-9:00 PM PST, and Mad Money comes on at 9:00-10:00 PST. (i.e., Fast Money was not listed in its normal 8-9 time slot, Mad Money was!). WTF?

Guru
    06-19-2009, 11:48 PM #180
    Quote Originally Posted by BTR View Post
    I guess I just don't understand why it pains most of the media to give us a good report.
    ha, i think he actually helped us when he tried to knock the news down by saying "yeah, but come on...this is a 35 cent stock, pfff." everyone probably said shit, its this popular and is 35 cents!?!?

Page 18 of 25 ... 81617181920 ...