View Poll Results: Do you feel that Mel has lied?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 33.33%
  • No

8 44.44%
  • Unsure

0 0%
  • Willing to wait and see

4 22.22%
Page 2 of 4 1234
    10-19-2008, 03:29 AM #11

Wait & See

Newman, Homer & Demian... It is nice to see some rational thought. To much over the top negativity & paranoia amongst the troops lately. Mel is a good CEO in a tough spot, but he does not want the company to fail and some of the ideas that I read about here on Sirius Buzz are just nutty conspiracy theory stuff. I have actually bought more shares in the past week, and will continue to do so unless the third quarter results show that there is a real problem with the ongoing execution of the integration. I own several small businesses, and know quite a few business owners here in LA... all of us have changed our views with regard to staffing, 2009 revenue projections,capitalization, capital expenditures, ect over the past two months.... we pay Mel to adapt to changes... if he stayed with all previously mentioned plans at all costs, he would be George Bush, and we would never make it through this. The authorizations that will be voted on in December are crucial to minimizing the risk of BK. Glad he is out in front of this as opposed to being reactive & a few bucks short reaching the tipping point that we are all waiting to see.

Enthusiast
    10-19-2008, 10:48 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    There's a difference between flat out lying and having the answer changed due to various reasons that are outside the control of the company.
    ---------

Kind of like Cramer, who changed his stance after the merger took so friggin long. Yet you all want to burn him at the stake.

We all know Mel's projections for subscriber counts are LIES. He wanted this stock under a buck so we'd be forced to accept a RS.

Then he will agree to another UGLY finance deal where he borrows a crap load of shares to be shorted ... or possibly new convertible bonds (hence the reason for increasing share count).

He will use that full "tool-box" if we authorize it. And you all have to admit a RS combined with massive dilution or a share-borrowing agreement for shorting purposes would KILL us.

Mentor
    10-19-2008, 05:40 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by doobz26 View Post
    Kind of like Cramer, who changed his stance after the merger took so friggin long. Yet you all want to burn him at the stake.
    Cramer changed his stance suddenly and then continued to bash SIRI after it had already been beaten down. He was saying that SIRI could double with the merger approval just a short time before. He changed his stance on the evening the merger was approved while Mel was negotiating the financing. This contributed to the stock tanking in AH and hurt Mel's financing negotiations. Cramer was helping GS and the bond holders while crushing SIRI shareholders, whom he had been sucking in for months.

It's called "pump and dump"..........have you heard of it?

10-19-2008, 08:07 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by doobz26 View Post
    He will use that full "tool-box" if we authorize it. And you all have to admit a RS combined with massive dilution or a share-borrowing agreement for shorting purposes would KILL us.

Your post is choc full of assumptions and suppositions... sorry, I don't assume anything.

You've even assumed that they will reverse split -- but now, that is doubful since NASDAQ and the SEC have stopped the clock for 90 days... that pushes the new 30-day countdown until AFTER the first round of maturing debt has to be dealt with.

You're making some BIG assumptions...

----------

Enthusiast
    10-19-2008, 09:20 PM #15
    Homer you are a smart guy. We have a .38 share price , it is time that people wake up and realize that management does not give a rats ass about their shareholders. Mels job was to combine the SDARS spectrum, so he can sell out the shareholders period!

10-19-2008, 09:37 PM #16
    And the $0.38 stock price has nothing to do with the fact that the stock is now priced for bankruptcy? That most do not believe that Sirius can get the funding it needs to refinance in 2009? So you say, the hell with that -- that Karmazin wants to sell the company out? That's why the price is down?

Sorry, disagree...

BTW, you're now on Yahoo begging for shareholders to join you? Kinda desperate sounding, IMHO.

And FWIW, I pointed out to you once before the Karmazin timeline for taking Infinity public... he did NOT screw the Infinity shareholders at all. You claimed here, and now on Yahoo -- even after I corrected your bad mistake about it -- that that was not even remotely true. He took Infinity public and then merged it in with Viacom, all the while making shareholders huge gains. There was no "stealing" done by him with Infinity whatsoever... you were 100% wrong about that.

-----

Enthusiast
    10-19-2008, 11:31 PM #17
    And FWIW, I pointed out to you once before the Karmazin timeline for taking Infinity public... he did NOT screw the Infinity shareholders at all. You claimed here, and now on Yahoo -- even after I corrected your bad mistake about it -- that that was not even remotely true. He took Infinity public and then merged it in with Viacom, all the while making shareholders huge gains. There was no "stealing" done by him with Infinity whatsoever... you were 100% wrong about that.

Homer, Thanks for clarifying this point again. I saw that Hartleib had made that claim again and here you have corrected that again. That Hartleib keeps throwing this mud is one issue that does not pass the smell test. Another, IMHO, is that he says he refused $500K on principle. If Hartleib has got enough viable material, then he should not need to resort to unfounded mudslinging. The fact that he continues to make this very damning false claim damages Hartleib's credibility immensely.

It is one of the more worrisome claims a SIRI shareholder can hear. If it is BS as you say, Hartleib would be wise to apologize and cut out the BS right quick.

Enthusiast
    10-20-2008, 12:46 AM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by deewcom View Post

Homer, Thanks for clarifying this point again. I saw that Hartleib had made that claim again and here you have corrected that again. That Hartleib keeps throwing this mud is one issue that does not pass the smell test. Another, IMHO, is that he says he refused $500K on principle. If Hartleib has got enough viable material, then he should not need to resort to unfounded mudslinging. The fact that he continues to make this very damning false claim damages Hartleib's credibility immensely.

It is one of the more worrisome claims a SIRI shareholder can hear. If it is BS as you say, Hartleib would be wise to apologize and cut out the BS right quick.
    Now this brings up a good point, do anyone think sirius reads what hartleib's sayings because a lot of them could be considered slander to the point Sirius could countersue for any financial harm due to his constant trashing of the company just on the fact he hated the merger deal. (He been Anti-Merger to the point he filed stuff with the FCC and attempted to get the FCC verdict thrown out because they didn't give a judgment on the Dual-Tuner)

Or at very lease Mel, Do you hear me, Sue his ass and buy some stock with that 500k you could of given him. You could buy 1.351.351.35 More shares!

Enthusiast
    10-20-2008, 12:52 AM #19
    BTW, you're now on Yahoo begging for shareholders to join you? Kinda desperate sounding, IMHO

And just wait and see what is comming up next. Desperate far from it, as I have stated before I am just getting started. I will be made whole and some will go to prision IMHO .36 and you still defend Hooper, keep the faith my friend.

Enthusiast
    10-20-2008, 01:00 AM #20
    I forgot to mention it is working very well. As there are many that no longer buy in to your spin. I am here because I have nearly a MILLION dollars at stake,what is your stake,thats right you do not own a single share. Sure makes on wonder why you waist so much time on the boards. When I post Homer comes out of the wood work. Good stuff and I wish you lots of luck.

Page 2 of 4 1234