Page 17 of 26 ... 71516171819 ...
    06-26-2009, 09:19 PM #161

100's of sales a one hundred shares at .36. any explanation

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/ExtendedTradingTrades.aspx?page=afterhours&mode=fr ameset&symbol=PQUE&symbol=PVX&symbol=SIRI&symbol=V RA&symbol=CYPT&selected=SIRI&exchange=19&bid=N/A&ask=N/A&site=http://quotes.nasdaq.com&dynsite=http://dynamic.nasdaq.com&mktcls=&mkttype=after&sitesubty pe=&LogoPath=http://content.nasdaq.com/logos/SIRI.GIF&CompanyName=Sirius%20Satellite%20Radio%20 Inc.&Market=&MktStatus=Sep.%2015,%202004*Market%20 Close:*$*2.89&pageno=1

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 09:35 PM #162
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    So what though? That doesn't change the fact that the downloads are dropping which is what I am keying people in on. Yes it is still #1 music but it went down a slot yesterday and again today which means that downloads are on a downward trend.

I also agree that a Howard announcement would boost it right back up BUT I am not holding my breath. I wouldn't be surprised if he is never offered on that application. I am not saying that he wont I am simply saying I would not be surprised.
    Ok charles take a stand right now,will he or won't he be on the APP!!!

That quote right up there sounds an awful lot like someone who used to write here,covers all bases,then saying he was right no matter what the outcome.

Still cracking up about that post!!!
    since you follow apple alot more than me,which is never,how often does a top overall app stay on top with new app's being issued all the tiome and upgraded also,,?

06-26-2009, 09:44 PM #163
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    It was Howard Stern. He's trying to show Mel "don't "F" with me". I've heard through the rumor mill that he is looking for a new deal at $150 MM / year with Thursdays AND Fridays off and 12 weeks of vacation. Since he needs rest for such an awesome show, he is also demanding a time slot of 7 AM to 9:30 AM which leads me to believe he is afraid of going toe to toe with Rosie.
    I completely get your sense of humor. And appreciate it.

06-26-2009, 09:49 PM #164
    So what though? That doesn't change the fact that the downloads are dropping which is what I am keying people in on. Yes it is still #1 music but it went down a slot yesterday and again today which means that downloads are on a downward trend.

I also agree that a Howard announcement would boost it right back up BUT I am not holding my breath. I wouldn't be surprised if he is never offered on that application. I am not saying that he wont I am simply saying I would not be surprised.
    I think the important statistic that is needed is the conversion rate that began yesterday (6-25), the seventh day after the APP was released. That's when the free trial folks --the first adopters-- should have started paying up. I wonder what that number is.

In my personal case: I downloaded the APP last Thursday, and ponied up yesterday for the premium internet at $2.99 per month. And couldn't be any happier. I can enjoy Sirius just about anywhere now. After showing it to a co-worker, she told me today she is looking into a Sirius subscription (portable). THAT is where the real value is: Up-sells. IMHO.

But I wonder what that conversion number is...

Head Honcho
    06-26-2009, 10:02 PM #165
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    ok.. well I bit anyway and gave you my opinion And I certainly got that you weren't expecting a response from rosie.
    Joke would be on us all if rosie posted right after you said that.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-26-2009, 10:09 PM #166
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post

That quote right up there sounds an awful lot like someone who used to write here,covers all bases,then saying he was right no matter what the outcome.
    True but, covering all bases isn't my norm. This is the first time that I really dont know. Common sense says he will be on the app but there is some serious bullshit going on right now for him to not be on the app and with Howards contract coming up, is it really crazy to think that he is never on the app? I am 60% sure he winds up on the app 40% sure that if he doesnt he gets his own app. I dont think that his brand will wind up application-less. I also think that the likes of Bubba the love sponge (who owns his own content) is aggravated that he is left off the app because of Howard and if this goes on long enough he might wind up with his own as well.

Like I said before, we are not far from a unified way to distribute audio entertainment and these guys that own their own stuff dont really need any major corp to back them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    since you follow apple alot more than me,which is never,how often does a top overall app stay on top with new app's being issued all the tiome and upgraded also,,?
    I have never watched the app store on a day by day basis and its hard to say because there is such a flood of new apps on their right now. That being said, the music related apps pretty much held their same positions all year long (I checked every month or so because they never seemed to move within their own category).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-26-2009, 10:13 PM #167
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    I think the important statistic that is needed is the conversion rate that began yesterday (6-25), the seventh day after the APP was released. That's when the free trial folks --the first adopters-- should have started paying up. I wonder what that number is.

But I wonder what that conversion number is...
    YES YES YES, that is what I have been saying all week long. 1 million downloads doesnt mean a damn if the conversion rate is crap. I have asked contacts that know that information and they wont comment. Its not that they dont know, they will not comment. Take it for what its worth, I would assume they would be screaming yay if the news were good but, you can certainly argue that they would keep their mouths shut either way, especially so soon. You wouldnt want to announce a 1% rate and then have to reduce it to .25%. THAT BEING SAID, they were VERY quick to go out of their way to tell me that the app was #2 overall in downloads (even though I already knew).

Draw your own conclusions. I HATE that we have to speculate.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 11:29 PM #169
    True but, covering all bases isn't my norm. This is the first time that I really dont know. Common sense says he will be on the app but there is some serious bullshit going on right now for him to not be on the app and with Howards contract coming up, is it really crazy to think that he is never on the app? I am 60% sure he winds up on the app 40% sure that if he doesnt he gets his own app. I dont think that his brand will wind up application-less. I also think that the likes of Bubba the love sponge (who owns his own content) is aggravated that he is left off the app because of Howard and if this goes on long enough he might wind up with his own as well.

Like I said before, we are not far from a unified way to distribute audio entertainment and these guys that own their own stuff dont really need any major corp to back them anymore.

I have never watched the app store on a day by day basis and its hard to say because there is such a flood of new apps on their right now. That being said, the music related apps pretty much held their same positions all year long (I checked every month or so because they never seemed to move within their own category).
    So do you put great credence then if SXM remains #1 app for the year..in music i mean.

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 11:36 PM #170
    YES YES YES, that is what I have been saying all week long. 1 million downloads doesnt mean a damn if the conversion rate is crap. I have asked contacts that know that information and they wont comment. Its not that they dont know, they will not comment. Take it for what its worth, I would assume they would be screaming yay if the news were good but, you can certainly argue that they would keep their mouths shut either way, especially so soon. You wouldnt want to announce a 1% rate and then have to reduce it to .25%. THAT BEING SAID, they were VERY quick to go out of their way to tell me that the app was #2 overall in downloads (even though I already knew).

Draw your own conclusions. I HATE that we have to speculate.
    I think we can agree we all know this,but i said the early downloads were mostly subs already who wanted it for mobil purposes..
    but like i said expecting downloads to go down drastically because of the scription aspects,but feel if someone goes through the hassle to download it and trial period they will probably sign up for a couple of months anyway,at least that's what i think without anything to compare it too.

Page 17 of 26 ... 71516171819 ...