11-21-2014, 12:55 PM #1

Mercedes Benz problems with Sirius

Has anyone else had this problem? I own an 09 C300 MB and cannot seem to get any help from MB or Sirius for a problem with this service. When I tune to Sirius, all I get is an error message stating either "acquiring signal" or "updating channels". Sirius keeps sending a refresh signal but to no avail. MB service does not seem to have a clue and wants me to bring it in for a diagnostic. Any advice?

buy instagram saves
    buy saves on instagram
    buy ig reach
    buy ig saves
    buy instagram post reach
    buy instagram post saves
    buy instagram reach
    buy reach instagram
    buy igtv views
    buy instagram igtv views
    buy instagram tv views
    igtv views
    igtv views buy
    buy ig story views
    buy instagram reach and impressions
    instagram saves
    buy custom instagram comments
    Southern Girl Gone Global
    buy story views
    custom instagram comments
    buy ig comments
    buy instagram comments
    buy automatic instagram likes
    buy auto likes instagram
    buy auto instagram likes
    automatic instagram likes

Head Honcho
    11-21-2014, 08:21 PM #2
    Acquiring signal makes me think its an issue with the antenna wire/connection but the "updating channels" message means the antenna is working. I've never heard of this.

Unless the signal is hanging on by a thread and trying to update the channels but it cant hold a signal long enough to download the update.

I would just bring it to the dealer. There is likely an issue in the connection from the antenna to the radio -- unless you can tear apart your car and chase that wire, you're going to have to bring it in anyway.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-04-2015, 09:04 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagbuilder View Post
    Has anyone else had this problem? I own an 09 C300 MB and cannot seem to get any help from MB or Sirius for a problem with this service. When I tune to Sirius, all I get is an error message stating either "acquiring signal" or "updating channels". Sirius keeps sending a refresh signal but to no avail. MB service does not seem to have a clue and wants me to bring it in for a diagnostic. Any advice?
    [FONT=Arial Black][B][B]I also have a 09 C300 with the exact same problem. MB service wants me also to bring it in for a diagnostic. I would really appreciate hearing what fixed your problem. Thank you for your reply. pbenja7788@aol.com
    Phil

07-05-2015, 02:57 PM #4
    Older Mercedes installed radios can only receive 140 channels so when more than 140 channels are pushed to the radio, it goes into a acquiring signal mode.

"My Satellite problem has been fixed by Sirius, probably permanently. They do it by putting your SDARS unit's EIN into a "protected tier" in their computer system so that when they tell their system to send all the channels for free, our radios do not accept more than the total number of channels which our head units were designed to hold which causes them lock up."

Read more: http://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w2...#ixzz3f2r9f5Xa

"SiriusXM has established a process where they add the ESN of the affected vehicle to a "protected tier" they have established for these MB vehicles in their system. It prevents the radio from seeing the additional channels and thus solves the problem. Regional Manager names for direct customer interaction (they can fill you in on more detail should you need it). Now finding the right person at Sirius to execute is the challenge."

Read more: http://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w2...#ixzz3f2iR1a6q
    Last edited by millerpa06; 07-05-2015 at 03:01 PM.