Page 7 of 10 ... 56789 ...
    Head Honcho
    05-07-2009, 10:41 AM #61
    I am with homer... I hope that they didn't try to hide anything otherwise that number is really bad. I knocked 100k off of my guess of 282k (which would have put me pretty damn close) because I figured that was the fudge factor.

There was no clear cut winner (no range picking next time ) of the coveted "respect" but, I think its safe to say that everyone should split the difference of homers and Tylers ranges next time around.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    05-07-2009, 10:45 AM #62
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    15,000 larger loss than my top end of 385K... I didn't think they'd try and hide the losses...

homer, Thats not like you. You really missed it by 19,000, it was 404,000. Come on, you have to be more honest then that.

Enthusiast
    05-07-2009, 10:59 AM #63
    It is nice being a long. If your target is a min of selling next year or beyond this should just roll off your back. For those that need to get out in a shorter time frame there is still support coming from below. But BE CAREFUL who knows what the next weeks will show.

I figured I would go out on a limb and say that we will turn that corner soon and have a more steady rise. As the 50 and the 200 converge we will eventually break through cleanly and the 200 will become an additional support on a slow climb upwards. As the news gets digested and some finally get fed up and get out at these levels,
    Others will start to see the silver lining is now beginning to show. Improved guidance for adjusted income, Maintain cash on hand(slight reduction),reduction in cash costs being realized. Subs did take a hit but in this environment It should be expected. But The silver lining there is that the self-paying subscribers only dropped 1%. Churn takes a small hit,expected, But we Bring on the camry. Isn't the Camry the #1 sold model? And even more the Camry types may be more inclined to satellite radio than the Chrysler/Gm types(who knows ...just guessing). Renegotiated contracts(I Havent seen the details but this could be the biggest thing that came out)

Oh yeah first quarter without BK concerns in awhile

Iphone app still coming ....(never thought this would make a real difference to any substantial amounts of potential subscribers but it will in the media probably)

So in the end Keep heart. We are on the right road.
    Last edited by airman; 05-07-2009 at 11:06 AM.

Mentor
    05-07-2009, 11:01 AM #64
    John,if i was a headline writer for AP,it would say:

HOMER is WRONG ON SUB NUMBER,film at 11pm...JK Homer...

Guru
    05-07-2009, 11:03 AM #65

Mentor
    05-07-2009, 11:05 AM #66
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    It is nice being a long. If your target is a min of selling next year or beyond this should just roll off your back. For those that need to get out in a shorter time frame there is still support coming from below. But BE CAREFUL who knows what the next weeks will show.

I figured I would go out on a limb and say that we will turn that corner soon and have a more steady rise. As the 50 and the 200 converge we will eventually break through cleanly and the 200 will become an additional support on a slow climb upwards. As the news gets digested and some finally get fed up and get out at these levels,
    Others will start to see the silver lining is now beginning to show. Improved guidance for adjusted income, Maintain cash on hand(slight reduction),reduction in cash costs being realized. Subs did take a hit but in this environment It should be expected. But The silver lining there is that the self-paying subscribers only dropped 1%. Churn takes a small hit,expected, But we Bring on the camry. Isn't the Camry the #1 sold model? And even more the Camry types may be more inclined to satellite radio than the Chrysler/Gm types(who knows ...just guessing). Renegotiated contracts(I Havent seen the details butthis could be the biggest thing that came out)

Iphone app still coming ....(never thought this would make a real difference to any substantial amounts of potential subscribers but it will in the media probably)

So in the end Keep heart. We are on the right road.
    Airman,your an idiot,moron and have no clue,you can't just come on this Forum and post a perfectly reasonsable sane positive post like this and expect to get away with it,DO YOU? JK Hope you get it

Mentor
    05-07-2009, 11:35 AM #67
    Ive set the table. Dishes out, napkin in place. Im ready to eat some crow today. I was wrong, and Im here to take my lumps.

Mentor
    05-07-2009, 11:54 AM #68
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Ive set the table. Dishes out, napkin in place. Im ready to eat some crow today. I was wrong, and Im here to take my lumps.

There vyou go,actually hoping you were right....but knew you drank Kool aid of BM again...

Mentor
    05-07-2009, 01:17 PM #69
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post

There vyou go,actually hoping you were right....but knew you drank Kool aid of BM again...
    Not really. He predicted neg. subs i think, not sure, i dont even remember. I drank the kool aid on auto sales penetration going up more than just 53 percent. I had it at 65, but thats not till the end of the year, according to Sirus directly.

Also.. I was banking on a ton of people locking in that no internet charge rate. VERY HAPPY THEY DIDNT. Huge plus to ARPU going forward, and obviously revenue as well. Subs down hurts of course, but cutting costs by 23 percent was huge. Redoing the GM contract huge too. More positives today then negatives long term , but for short term traders, we got it in the butt today. I sold all my over core at .53 average, so I dont mind too much. Only bought back a small percentage so, im still a little worried it can take off up(but not too worried ,, as my core will do nicely and i did rebuy back some at .43.)

05-07-2009, 01:25 PM #70
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    homer, Thats not like you. You really missed it by 19,000, it was 404,000. Come on, you have to be more honest then that.
    I realized it after I posted it -- but was too lazy to go in and fix it.

Page 7 of 10 ... 56789 ...