Page 8 of 24 ... 67891018 ...
    Guru
    08-25-2009, 10:10 AM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by proactiv View Post
    Hey Gary,
    Welcome aboard from a fellow Chi-town native (grew up in Mortin Grove).
    Also long SIRI..

proactiv, chicagogary is an old timer, look at the join date. He has been aboard for sometime now.

Also nice to read from you again chicagogary. I have been banned again from the Seeking Alpha site because of the crap Brandon M said about the liberty deal being reverse, I was really terrible in response to people that agreed with him on that and as you know the dumber they are, the worse words I use. None of the old timers left there to get me back this time.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    08-25-2009, 10:16 AM #72
    Hey SoCal, it feels like we're finding a trading range again. It seems like .69, your favorite price may be the buy in spot for swingers. With .73 or so being the sell point. Getting in and out with 20K shares at those levels can make a person a few hundred bills a day. It just has that feeling to me.

Mentor
    08-25-2009, 10:20 AM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Tyler, I remember this being discussed before about an article that was put out that the new increase for subscribers because of royalty payments not adding to the bottom line because it is for royalty payments. I said then and relmor just said again, they always had these royalty payments, which were taken directly from the cash they used to make from the old revenue steams subscribers created. So how the hell is a possible 22 million extra a month not going to help the bottom line, when the payments for royalties always did but this new cash never did before. Now I know it may not appear for some time because of when it gos into effect for certain subscribers but come on.

Also I would like to know something Charles brought up before, about how the hell is an 8% charge on revenue for royalties equal an 1.98 charge to a subscriber that pays 12.95, or a 1 dollar charge for a sub that pays 6.99 to 8.99. That math just does not work out unless somehow they are going to get money back for the royalties already paid out. I mean the last time I checked 8% of 12.95 was 1.036 dollars. That does not even get into the fact that most get a less rate because of the type of contract they are in, so we really should use the ARPU of 10.66 which 8% is really only .85. Now I am not intelligent but some how when even the lowest plans royalty payment is a dollar, I have to question what is the extra money (15 cents per lowest subscriber) going for. Now I am not saying that SIRIXM is not following the FCC requirments on this but that they have found a way to add in other cost that include royalty payments, weather that be administration cost or what ever the hell else it is, it is most likely cost they had to pay on there own anyway before the new royalty increase.
    John,the fcc said SXM can recoup royalty payments made from 2007 with Cash on hand and it's a fixed rate increase till 2015 i beleive in this new royalty agreement,remember that is starting at 8% of gross rev,and increases 1/2% each year..so they priced in price increases till then as a percentage,this is directly taken from now expensed money and raises ARPU accordingly..another words all rev from Subs goes to ARPU,minus sac of course..

Mentor
    08-25-2009, 10:22 AM #74
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    Over on Yahoo, Homer say's he is a journalist. Do you know for what site or publication. Just wondering. Thanks.
    He's hinted before at being in the radio bussiness,not sure about journalist tho..

Mentor
    08-25-2009, 10:24 AM #75
    Before you post how you bought and sold at a .05 profit. How about posting the next buy you make only, and then we will be able to time frame it. Just saying................
    Well i guess after 5 days up,he'll be right one of these days about going down.LOL
    Wonder how that shorting china and the dow is going for him,he called that 3 weeks ago too...

Guru
    08-25-2009, 10:31 AM #76
    Over on Yahoo, Homer say's he is a journalist. Do you know for what site or publication. Just wondering. Thanks.

I know, he said before that that was the reason he would not write Main page articles here at Sirius Buzz. He has made it clear before that, that is what he does. He will not say because he does not think it to be right that he uses other boards to bring readers to his articles. I think Tyler and him went to the same ethics school.

Guru
    08-25-2009, 10:37 AM #77
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    John,the fcc said SXM can recoup royalty payments made from 2007 with Cash on hand and it's a fixed rate increase till 2015 i beleive in this new royalty agreement,remember that is starting at 8% of gross rev,and increases 1/2% each year..so they priced in price increases till then as a percentage,this is directly taken from now expensed money and raises ARPU accordingly..another words all rev from Subs goes to ARPU,minus sac of course..

I am not really up on this but if I recall the highest is 8% and the increases will come every year until they get to that 8%.

Mentor
    08-25-2009, 10:38 AM #78
    Ooooooooppppppppppppppssssssssssssssssssssssssss
    Yep, this isn't pretty.

I would head out on another ride. But, after being on the saddle for 9 hours a day for 5 days in a row....my butt hurts. I went out for a short 10 mile ride this morning and did it standing up.

I think it's Romo's turn to go on holiday for awhile. I need the income

Mentor
    08-25-2009, 10:40 AM #79
    At .67, that's a great buying opportunity for anyone who needs to get back in.
    Last edited by candleman; 08-25-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Guru
    08-25-2009, 10:44 AM #80
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    John. Thanks for the response. Could he be an analyst??????

I am not sure but if you go back through his post it says it in there somewhere I also think he did mention before that it has something to do with radio (writting abou) so in a way johnny was right. I think he is also recalling the "homer" post where he talks about it but his memory is not as good as mine. (take that beeeaaatch, JohnnyIrishXM)

Page 8 of 24 ... 67891018 ...