Page 2 of 4 1234
    Addict
    Joined: Nov 2012 Location: TrendyStockCharts.com Posts: 587
    05-09-2016, 04:13 PM #11
    got an article on GOOGL I made available....check it out! I also unlocked the linked article that had my $800 target sell recommendation...

Limit5Bass Alphabet Article

Addict
    05-10-2016, 07:45 PM #12

OUCH!!!! Disney reports earnings miss, shares sink

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/disney...205030808.html

Excerpts:
    • Disney and other media companies have been hit by the trend of "cord-cutting" as younger viewers opt for streaming services over cable and satellite TV channels. Investors are particularly focused on how ESPN, one of the strongest cable brands, weathers the storm.
    • "Cable networks continue to face meaningful headwinds and Disney has yet to really answer how they are going to restore growth," BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield said.
    • ESPN subscriptions fell. Ad revenue also dropped, which Disney attributed to a change in timing of college football playoff games.

DIS over the past year has been an even worse performing stock than SIRI and it doesn't sound like things are gonna be getting better any time soon.

Addict
    05-10-2016, 10:52 PM #13
    Brandon - Love Disney even more after this report. Shanghai Disney opening in a month. Huge. Zootopia, Jungle Book and Captain America dominating the box office and another Star Wars coming at the end of the year. Likely another buy on the dip opportunity coming up - I adore these scenarios. I see ESPN growing substantially over the net with OTT opportunities.

Buy Low Sell High. Looks like a repeat of last year to me where Disney was my best performer after the buy on the dip. Thanks for the link. Loved it!

Since Greenfields last sell rec to $90, Disney shot up to $106. A similar buying opportunity may be coming up. I hope!
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 05-11-2016 at 09:34 AM.

Addict
    05-11-2016, 10:35 AM #14
    Man Brandon.....Disney is hardly dropping at all.....and Jessica reiterated her buy with a $130 target! I wish it would drop more Brandon! I need a better price to buy more!!!
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 05-11-2016 at 10:45 AM.

Addict
    05-11-2016, 11:24 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Brandon - Love Disney even more after this report. Shanghai Disney opening in a month. Huge. Zootopia, Jungle Book and Captain America dominating the box office and another Star Wars coming at the end of the year. Likely another buy on the dip opportunity coming up - I adore these scenarios. I see ESPN growing substantially over the net with OTT opportunities.

Buy Low Sell High. Looks like a repeat of last year to me where Disney was my best performer after the buy on the dip. Thanks for the link. Loved it!

Since Greenfields last sell rec to $90, Disney shot up to $106. A similar buying opportunity may be coming up. I hope!
    I would agree Spence - DIS is probably a pretty good buy at $90 and a very good sell at $106. However, that sounds suspiciously like a trading mentality though and not so much a long term investment philosophy.

It's likely the catalysts you mention (Funny but I don't recall the great and powerful Peter Lynch ever saying anything about Shanghai Disney, Zootopia, Jungle Book, Captain America... Star Wars) rather than EBITDA and silly things like FCF will move the stock back towards the $106 level by the holidays so it can get back to the point of being a break even holding for the year.

Have faith Spence, there's still Q3 and Q4 earnings coming so you might get your $90 buy in before Y/E yet.
    Last edited by user34615145; 05-11-2016 at 11:27 AM.

Addict
    05-11-2016, 11:38 AM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    I would agree Spence - DIS is probably a pretty good buy at $90 and a very good sell at $106. However, that sounds suspiciously like a trading mentality though and not so much a long term investment philosophy.

It's likely the catalysts you mention (Funny but I don't recall the great and powerful Peter Lynch ever saying anything about Shanghai Disney, Zootopia, Jungle Book, Captain America... Star Wars) rather than EBITDA and silly things like FCF will move the stock back towards the $106 level by the holidays so it can get back to the point of being a break even holding for the year.

Have faith Spence, there's still Q3 and Q4 earnings coming so you might get your $90 buy in before Y/E yet.
    Brandon - They keep buying back billions in stock and $130 is about 20 times this year's earnings. I just need a better price to keep buying. Finding Dory is going to be the next Frozen according to some. I just wish it would go down. This is a 20-30 year keep buying on the dips type of stock. What amazing intellectual property. Need more investing types on these boards. You seem to always just want to be a trader, Brandon. Unfortunate.

Addict
    05-11-2016, 08:20 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Brandon - They keep buying back billions in stock and $130 is about 20 times this year's earnings. I just need a better price to keep buying. Finding Dory is going to be the next Frozen according to some. I just wish it would go down. This is a 20-30 year keep buying on the dips type of stock. What amazing intellectual property. Need more investing types on these boards. You seem to always just want to be a trader, Brandon. Unfortunate.
    Well Spence, it's not that I want to be trader, it's that I am a trader. And, of course, so are you. There's nothing wrong with "buying low and selling high" as you point out....that is the way it's supposed to work, after all. But then again, I'm not the one advocating using movie releases as a catalyst to realize a quick gain here Spence - that would be you again.

By the way you forgot a few other movies Disney is releasing this year:
    • Out this fall "Queen of Katwe" will follow the adventures of a young (poor black) chess protégé hoping to aspire to be an international champ
      Sounds like a real winner - can't wait to see it.
    • Disney and Dreamworks will be releasing "The Light Between Oceans" starring Michael Fassbender (who ???) as a WWI veteran who comes across a baby that washes ashore along with a dead man. He and his wife decide to keep the child which leads to devastating consequences.....
      Another "must see" movie
    • And in August we get a remake of the 1977 movie "Pete's Dragon" starring Bryce Dallas Howard (who again??). The film will follow an orphan Pete and his best friend Elliott. The catch? Elliott is (gasp!) a dragon! Wes Bentley and Robert (No-I'm-not-dead-yet - that-was-the-other-guy) Redford also star.
      Now Spence, I gotta show my age here and say that I remember 1977 - at least most of it... ok, ok, maybe just some of it....At any rate, I remember "Saturday Night Fever"...I remember "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".....I remember "Smokey and the Bandit"....hell I even remember "Herbie goes to Monte Carlo", but I have to admit that I don't recall "Pete's Dragon"....I wonder why???

They keep buying back billions of stock and yet as the float gets smaller the stock price pretty much stays the same (if you consider going down in price to be "staying the same")....actually, it sounds a lot like SIRI. Hmmmmm....must be a "media stock" thing.

I wonder who's gonna be tuning into ESPN this summer while NBC is broadcasting the Olympics? Oh, speaking of Olympics, I remember when Bruce Jenner was a MAN....not just a man, but the THE Man, who f-ing DOMINATED the 1976 Olympic Decathlon - the most manly Olympic sport there is.They put him on the Wheaties box for Christ sake...And now he's a woman!..or maybe not (sigh)...I can't keep these things straight in my head (is he a woman if he has boobs but also still has his gollywhooper? And what does he do with that thang when he's wearing a tight dress? Doe's he tape it?....does he tuck it? Jeezuss this gets complicated.....). Anyway, I digress..... Spence, Best of Luck with your DIS trades and all the rest.
    Last edited by user34615145; 05-11-2016 at 09:48 PM.

Addict
    05-11-2016, 11:29 PM #18
    Movie releases??? Are you living in the 1960s Brandon? Dude wake up! Disney bought movie studios Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm to produce movie franchises. Star Wars is going to have a new movie released every year over 6 years time! Marvel's Captain America and Iron Man seemed to be releasing every 2 years new movies, and then there is the Avengers sequels. Spiderman was just reintroduced into Marvel Disney as part of a partnership with Sony. Pixar's Finding Dory is an extension of the Finding Nemo Franchise. They just produced 2 new franchises in Zootopia and Jungle Book that will produce years of sequels. Learn the business man. Good Lord, what year are you living in???

Wow, I cant believe what I just read.......You really don't follow the business do you.......

Addict
    05-11-2016, 11:40 PM #19
    It hasn't moved??? Brandon - Since Iger took over and bought Pixar in 2006 Disney stock has gone up 320%. I really have no clue how you have ever made money in the market? My guess is you have not. You don't seem to follow companies at all.

Guru
    05-13-2016, 10:41 AM #20
    Sirixm going after SIRI Canada?

Page 2 of 4 1234