Page 22 of 25 ... 122021222324 ...
    08-21-2009, 11:01 AM #211
    .75 and sliding and so is the rest of the market! Bernake said what? He's crazy! On the verge of recovery, where and how?

Enthusiast
    08-21-2009, 11:15 AM #212
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    .77 looks like the number, where we hit resistance. For all the longs, congrats, now take 10-30% off the table and throw it in the bag! Please don't have adhd, this still a very risky investment, don't kid yourself. Ask yourself, could this stock ever have a .6 or .5 handle ever again, if you say yes, then take some chips off the table. I have been investing since 99 and trust me the house wins a good percentage of the time, right now your the winner! Get up and walk away with something, please. Never be afraid of taking gains, you can't predict the future. This stock has been on a tear since .54 its .77 now in a week! Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered! I still think Cramer is a dope.

I have to agree with Ben on this one. I remember how I was kicking myself for over a month when we had a run up and I didn't take some profit. We retraced 20% plus in a matter of days. I don't know if the same will happen here as things are looking good for the balance sheet, but I am not going to be kicking myself again. This stock has so many profit building opportunities, it is only smart to realize some along the way. JMHO

Addict
    08-21-2009, 11:17 AM #213
    .77 looks like the number, where we hit resistance. For all the longs, congrats, now take 10-30% off the table and throw it in the bag! Please don't have adhd, this still a very risky investment, don't kid yourself. Ask yourself, could this stock ever have a .6 or .5 handle ever again, if you say yes, then take some chips off the table. I have been investing since 99 and trust me the house wins a good percentage of the time, right now your the winner! Get up and walk away with something, please. Never be afraid of taking gains, you can't predict the future. This stock has been on a tear since .54 its .77 now in a week! Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered! I still think Cramer is a dope.
    Ben, you are correct....but....I'm hanging in cause I don't want to reduce my share count, which will happen if I take profit now, as I don't see this thing retracing to the .40s. I'm gonna risk it for a while as I see this company in a fundamental shift. Don't underestimate the power of merger synergies and the economic recovery overall. That's when investors get very rich! I would love to take thousands in profit right now, but I think holding gives the best opportunity for a real grand slam. That's why I'm in this stock. Each to his own, of course.

08-21-2009, 11:24 AM #214
    .75 and sliding and so is the rest of the market! Bernake said what? He's crazy! On the verge of recovery, where and how?
    Big Ben, I do agree with you but I was premature in my exit @.60 looking for a retrace that really never happened. What would you think is a good reentry point?

Guru
    08-21-2009, 11:56 AM #215
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    i am very happy to see the stock doing well, I think after $1 and debt gets paid off is when its really going to get interesting, but i will be really pissed if it makes it to $1.25 by september

I don't think Docterex's post is much of a joke, remember you not only have a monopoly with SXM but they are also partially merged with directv...POWERHOUSE?

No his projection will still be crazy. He uses figures that are not real and therefore so are his projections. I am not saying that the stock could not go way up to a point where it is way over valued (SIRI going to 9 was a good example so was AAPL going to 220 from 20 after it split at 80 in 2.5 years) but please dont try and say that that price would be the correct value.

08-21-2009, 11:59 AM #216
    Everyone has thier own strategy in how to make money with stocks. If you are swing trading and can time it right most of the time this strategy works. My own experience is that I suck at timing the market so I buy and wait for the trade to work or if it's going against me, reevaluate and sell for a loss if necessary.

I don't agree with encouraging people to sell when that may not fit thier own investment strategy. Trading around a core position is also smart and will allow you to make more.

If it's going higher and I'm in a long term capital gains situation on the shares, I don't want to give up that tax advantage to gain a few more bucks trading around the core because the tax consequenses are much greater what I've gained. Your tax bracket does play a factor here also, I'm in the highest bracket so it's harder for me to make that up.

Guru
    08-21-2009, 12:09 PM #217

Big Ben where you been .65, .65, .65, last I recall you were going to wait till it came back to .38 before you bought back in saying a take down was going to happen back then. Now you come back and say .65 REALLY out of the blue you come back and say .65 where were you at all this time telling people to buy at .65. I am just saying you leave and then out of the blue come back and say you bought at .65, I dont believe you at all you say you did something after the fact that went against everything you have said before. WITCH BY THE WAY WAS YOU WHERE GOING TO WAIT TILL IT CAME BACK AT .38.

Guru
    08-21-2009, 12:17 PM #218
    My point to Big Ben is noone should believe anyone that says what he was going to do back so long ago and then after what he says is going to happen doesn't happen he comes back after the fact and says ho yea I changed my mind and decided that I was going to go against what I was saying before and buy at a way higher price then I said I would before. The common sense of that is there is none. Listen if you thought it has been over bought at .47 or at .54 then it makes no sense that who think .65 is not over bought.

P.S. I just have to ask Big Ben where were you saying at .65 that you had to buy back at that point (hell where were you at .66, .67, .68 ect., ect.) because you thought things changed and now you believe something different. The shit doesn't sound believableto me and it should not sound believable to anyone else.
    Last edited by john; 08-21-2009 at 12:24 PM.

Guru
    08-21-2009, 12:52 PM #219
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    No his projection will still be crazy. He uses figures that are not real and therefore so are his projections. I am not saying that the stock could not go way up to a point where it is way over valued (SIRI going to 9 was a good example so was AAPL going to 220 from 20 after it split at 80 in 2.5 years) but please dont try and say that that price would be the correct value.
    you never know where this could be in 15 years is all im saying, debt free, world wide, standard option in all vehicles... lifetime subscription included in the cost of every vehicle??? very futuristic thinking...(not realistic thinking)

Guru
    08-21-2009, 12:59 PM #220
    Hey Big Ben what happen to this:

Big Ben said this on Aug. 3rd

"Siriusowner, Relmor....I am with you guys....don't buy...don't buy!
    Wait for the smoke to clear, let the bigger positions set themselves up, and purchase stock for .38-.42. The sun still rises in the east, verdad? Ok just checking. Always remember this is still on the top 5 most shorted stocks. Trading this stock will be looked back on as a small miracle. Buy and hold will also look good but not as good as one in the bag. "Trow it in the bag" We don't check tags around here! GLA."

Now everyone go take a look at what happen from Aug 3rd to now........................................ Done, yea thats right it never got back to those levels it just kept going UP. Notice also he made one other post after that but said nothing about buying back at anything higher. That is not until it went upto .78 and then back to .76. He says Ho yea I bought at .65 and sold at .77.

P.S. If you all recall at least relmor was here saying he has changed his mind and said when he was buying when it got to those prices, that is at least believable.
    Last edited by john; 08-21-2009 at 01:01 PM.

Page 22 of 25 ... 122021222324 ...