02-02-2009, 10:45 AM #1

improving reception for stiletto2 in my house

First of all, this forum is great for a new sirius subscriber, so thank you! I
    spent 3 frustrating hours on the phone with customer service at Sirius, and all 3 CSRs gave me different answers. I felt like I knew more than they did on their products. They should just tell their customers to go to this website.

I just bought a stiletto 2 based on everything I heard / read rather than a new Ipod. So far I love it, except for reception in my house. So I looked into the home docking kit and it seems to be a good product based on a few customer review I read on Amazon and Best Buy. As far as I can tell, in order to get better reception for my stiletto, it has to be docked and hooked up to the antenna physically. Am I understanding how it works correctly?

I also saw what looked like a wireless signal device called an Echo Home Signal Repeater System on the Sirius website. Based on what I can see, it works like a Wi-Fi router for satellite signal in your house, but still have to plug in an antenna receiver to a radio or a dock.
    - Can my stiletto, since it has an internal antenna built in, pick up the signal wirelessly, like it can with the Wi-Fi router for the internet radio?

If not, is there a product that will just boost the satellite signal inside of my home wirelessly so that I can walk around anywhere in my house and listen to satellite radio on my stiletto, rather than having it docked in one location?

Main reason is that I bought the stiletto to listen to mainly using headphones, not docked and played through a stereo system. Also, I'd like to be able to save songs with the Love button when I hear a good song while active in my house or hear an NFL game while wearing a headset in my basement as I work out. You can't do these things using the internet radio.

Any helpful information would be great.

02-02-2009, 06:52 PM #2

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ko906 View Post
    As far as I can tell, in order to get better reception for my stiletto, it has to be docked and hooked up to the antenna physically. Am I understanding how it works correctly?
    This is correct if you want to listen to the Satellite Radio. Alternatively you can use Internet Radio via WiFi and listen anywhere in the house without a dock. But like you said, you do loose the ability to Love songs so this is not ideal for your needs.

You are also correct that for the Echo Signal Repeater System you will need the SL2 Home Dock.

Quote Originally Posted by ko906 View Post
    Is there a product that will just boost the satellite signal inside of my home wirelessly so that I can walk around anywhere in my house and listen to satellite radio on my stiletto, rather than having it docked in one location?
    I'm looking into this for you right now. I'll post back shortly!

02-02-2009, 07:04 PM #3
    You could try a Whole House FM Transmitter which will allow you to listen on any radio in your home. You really are limited here unless you decide to use the Internet Radio, which is how the majority of SL2 users would broadcast the service throughout the home.