Page 27 of 33 ... 172526272829 ...
    06-18-2009, 07:22 PM #261
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Nothing wrong with criticizing this stock or its mgmt. I am long, optimistic for the long run, but I'm mad as hell over this debacle today. The fact that they didn't anticipate this media churn with a solid explanation out front as to why Howard not included is what has me crazed. It's so bizarre, it lends credibility to some of the posts that Mel has something up his sleeve. I sure hope so. Because it's either that or total incompetence. If I had to bet, it would be on the latter. But, we'll see.
    I'm feeling the same way. And I got even more crazed that others didn't seem as outraged as me about this debacle. The perpetual optimism drove me to a breaking point. Couldn't take it anymore.

Listen, I'm hopeful that this company will get it right and things will eventually be fine and we'll all make a lot more money. But right now, I'm not optimistic. Hope and optimism are very different.

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 07:23 PM #262
    hey relmor, let demian know hes listening to the pirated version of stern... he's totally misinforming the readers of his article. btw, itunes and the iphone app are not the same

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 07:30 PM #263
    Quote Originally Posted by toxdoc View Post
    I agree with your last 2 paragraphs. You are as frustrated as I am. As far as the bottom line goes, I don't think it is that good. They are tremendously over-levered. And they are going to have to address that sometime. Their debt is a dark cloud on the horizon. That's what i'm talking about.

As for how much i have invested, it's none of your business. But it's an amount large enough to justify the amount of time I've spent on this site. I just haven't posted much until today. At my breaking point over the app release debacle.

agreed we are both frustrated equally at todays dud.

but you have a 3bagger. i dont. i have faith that i will get my investment back. you basically gave up hope saying marketing is all the company has left. if you feel that horrible about the company then sell your stock at a profit. whether its $500 or $5MM. cause your rant is going beyond todays iphone news and your starting to present yourself like a basher/troll
    Last edited by bassmaster; 06-18-2009 at 07:33 PM.

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 07:38 PM #264
    and anyone who wants to chill, can smoke a J and join us in the DAILY MARKET THREAD where we're making money every day.LOL.... dont bring no beef there..

CHARLES ---- please ban any trolls who invade our market thread, it is sooo peaceful there (and profitable) LOL

06-18-2009, 07:44 PM #265
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    agreed we are both frustrated equally at todays dud.

but you have a 3bagger. i dont. i have faith that i will get my investment back. you basically gave up hope saying marketing is all the company has left. if you feel that horrible about the company then sell your stock at a profit. whether its $500 or $5MM. cause your rant is going beyond todays iphone news and your starting to present yourself like a basher/troll
    I'm not a basher. I'm just mad as hell today. So, I guess I should thank everyone for letting me vent. I could complain to my wife, but she doesn't really give a sh*t about this stuff.

By the way, the reason I haven't taken my 3bagger and gone away is because I still have some belief in this company, just not as much as
    I used to.

Enthusiast
    06-18-2009, 08:03 PM #266
    Even though today fizzled regarding the pps, it is a great day for broadening SXM awareness. And there are 14 million iphone/itouch users to go after for subscriptions. And just think there are other SXM PDA apps to bring online.

I am very excited that the app is finally available. It keeps my confidence up that Mel is delivering on what he promises. That is what it takes for me to invest in a company.

I still think HS will be on iphone in short order.

06-18-2009, 08:05 PM #267

Smile

btw, from a T/A standpoint, this afternoon could be a head fake. we'll have to see tomorrow if people buy it up.

LOL @ me saying it could be a headfake, it seems like everytime it makes a big drop i think its a headfake..LMFAO
    They did say they were going to get back at the shorts didn't they? I think management has a good plan...they are not trying to hurt their shareholders...they are trying to get rid of the parasites. Think of it as a cleansing.

There is a much larger story to be told at the right opportunity. Certainly no one is questioning, Malone and Mel as a team. They have forgotten more about communication technology than most of us will ever know. I truly believe this is a plan that is looking at profit for Sirius and they are just taking the criticism like professionals. I like that they are closed lipped...and I especially like the professionalism that we are seeing in the Sirius staff overall. Do you know how much poise it takes for customer service to field the hard questions today without offending anyone or jeopardizing ongoing progress behind the scenes.

The iphone app is cool for a first release...nicemac and pocket tunes app will be a choice some will make as well. Nice that Sirius will stream via other software and hardware. The developers will certainly improve on the overall package in time. Suggestions from user groups will be different and hopefully we will see International functionality soon.

I am excited about everything today...and I look at today as a mere stepping stone towards what is to come!

Head Honcho
    06-18-2009, 08:10 PM #268
    remor i appreciate your passion for this stock. i own 100k @ .88 ...trust me i wouldnt want to bash any pumpers or people who want to bring this price up. but take 10 minutes away from your computer, and think how mel let us all down. ok , if we can speculate howard being on in the near future, it wont have the same impact as if he were put on today...THERE SHOULD BE NO DISCUSSION OF WHY HOWARD IS NOT ON THE IPHONE APP PERIOD. we shouldnt be having this talk.
    Exactly.

But here we are. It makes zero sense. The issue here is a legal contractual issue but there is no reasoning as to why that would ever satisfy me. They have had almost a year to get the contract ironed out and they did not. I dont know if its because Howard has his own private application in the works or if he is just holding out for more money, either way, this is inexcusable.

They would have been better off waiting for Howards own official app to drop along side the Sirius XM app (if that is the case) OR waited for Howard and Don to work things out as far distribution goes and got those channels out on this application.

The fact that there was insider sales from people who had information about Howard not being on this application the day before it dropped, should be criminal. The stock skyrockets on leaked info about its release, they sell, and then the negative press of this app hits the street killing the price. Why is that not criminal? I am honestly asking.

• CFO David Frear sold 191,260 shares
    • VP Dara Altman sold 136,620 shares
    • Officer Scott Greenstein sold 232,250 shares
    • VP Patrick Donnelly sold 232,250 shares
    • Officer James Meyers sold 273,230 shares
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-18-2009, 08:12 PM #269
    hey relmor, let demian know hes listening to the pirated version of stern... he's totally misinforming the readers of his article. btw, itunes and the iphone app are not the same
    Priceless

I love that people criticize me. SW is on a roll! They have made some grossly inexcusable errors lately based on what I have been told.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-18-2009, 08:12 PM #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    Even though today fizzled regarding the pps, it is a great day for broadening SXM awareness. And there are 14 million iphone/itouch users to go after for subscriptions. And just think there are other SXM PDA apps to bring online.

I am very excited that the app is finally available. It keeps my confidence up that Mel is delivering on what he promises. That is what it takes for me to invest in a company.

I still think HS will be on iphone in short order.
    This makes so much sense to me. If Sirius is going to play fair with all of the potential streaming platforms, they would not have released an app with Stern (their big dog) today...that would have given Apple and AT&T an unfair advantage over Verizon, MobileOne and others...

It is really the ethical thing to do. Playing fair and giving the other companies a chance to integrate will pay off in the long term. I think it is smart business.

Page 27 of 33 ... 172526272829 ...