Page 62 of 77 ... 1252606162636472 ...
    Mentor
    08-14-2009, 05:38 PM #611
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post
    Did everybody catch that enormous volume on bcle today...NOT. I think that's an all-time low for any stock I've ever watched. Just a smidge over 153K wooohooo!!
    my RTGV had only 508 more shares traded

dr d, thanx for the post on the other thread. i agree with your thoughts on how it got wild for a minute there.

friday trading over. time to regroup , relax and pop a beer.

everyone have a great weekend.

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 05:52 PM #612
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    my RTGV had only 508 more shares traded

dr d, thanx for the post on the other thread. i agree with your thoughts on how it got wild for a minute there.

friday trading over. time to regroup , relax and pop a beer.

everyone have a great weekend.
    508!! LOL, that stock scares me.

Hope you catch some fish!

BTW, Alaska - those things you catch aren't fish, they are monsters... geez, I'd be afraid to swim in those waters.

Addict
    08-14-2009, 06:28 PM #613
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post
    Did everybody catch that enormous volume on bcle today...NOT. I think that's an all-time low for any stock I've ever watched. Just a smidge over 153K wooohooo!!
    Just hang tight with your BCLE because I sold mine 2 days ago for a $200 profit so that means it gonna go real high real soon.....

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 06:48 PM #614
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    Just hang tight with your BCLE because I sold mine 2 days ago for a $200 profit so that means it gonna go real high real soon.....
    If it does take off, maybe we should call you Cramer. LOL, just a joke, wouldn't want to push that name on anyone.

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 06:59 PM #615
    For you car guys....
    Watch this one at about 4:40
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM8ArZ3o8qE

Then watch all the vids here....
    http://video.kenblockracing.com/flash/player/

Enthusiast
    08-14-2009, 07:01 PM #616
    Quote Originally Posted by thetree View Post
    Hey sandy that rules!!! I am solely a fresh roasted/fresh ground/french press guy. There are a couple of pretty awesome coffee places around me. I am considering getting a countertop roaster soon, have you ever used one? Can you suggest any? Thinking of taking my brewing to the next level with a small bodum vacuum too!
    How in depth do you get into the coffee selection? Do you ever get to go to south america to visit the plantations?
    Hey Tree...I knew as I was pushing the "Post Quick Reply" button that I would derail the stock talk to coffee talk. But, since it's the weekend.....and you typically don't/won't drink beer, wine or cocktails for breakfast, what the hell, right?....lol.

Actually to begin home roasting, just use a good hot air popcorn popper. You'll get a better feel for how the coffee roasting process works by watching the beans whirl around in the popper. Once you have mastered that, or at least developed your roasting style, then you can invest in a counter top roaster. OR...as one of our local coffee nuts has done, you can retrofit the rotisseri (sp) on your gas grill! There are a ton of coffee nuts around and a couple of great sites are coffeed.com and coffeegeek.com. Both have great sources for small amounts of green coffee beans for home roasters.

I have travelled to countries of origin to buy coffee, but that was back in the mid to late 90's when most coffee brokers we schlepping 'commerical' grade coffees to us roasters. Now, with mass appeal of specialty coffee, most brokers cater to us...mostly cause we're willing to pay insane prices for the really good stuff. I do buy direct when it makes sense.

As for the brewing process, to each his own. Alot of it has to do with the type of coffees you're brewing. Some coffees do really well in vaccum pots and others do well in chemex brewers, french presses and so on. You already brew in french press so vacuum won't be that big of a change in flavor profiles.

As for being involved in the selection....there's only 6 (4 of us can roast) of us in our little company so we're all involved in the selection. that's the fun/challenging part.

Right now we've got some 'rock star' coffees..our Brazil Conquista is selling really well and our Colombian and Ethiopian Yirgacheffe are stellar!

Btw...what part of the country you live in?

Have a great weekend...

Addict
    08-14-2009, 07:53 PM #617
    news from ASFX

http://money.aol.com/rtn/pr/child-he...734?channel=pf

Child Health and Safety Product Distribution Channel Changes
    PR Newswire
    posted: 4 HOURS 5 MINUTES AGO

WESTON, Fla., Aug. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Kidz-Med, Inc. (the Company), a subsidiary of American Scientific Resources, Inc. (Pink Sheets: ASFX), is announcing a change in the distribution channels of its flagship product, the Kidz-Med Thermofocus.

Recently, the Company has learned of Walgreens' intent to cut many SKUs out of their planograms going in to the 2009/2010 year, including the Kidz-Med Thermofocus. To the Company's knowledge, this decision is solely the retailer's and is based upon economics. The retailer continues to maintain interest in its relationship with American Scientific Resources, Inc., the infrared thermometer and in other ASR products.

Fortunately, management has made numerous contingency plans. Around the same time, the Company received reliable information that another distinguished baby specialty retailer has placed an initial order of the product. Meanwhile, renewal orders from Walgreens are expected to fall off as early as the end of August. No word has been given as to when reorders might resume.

Dr. Christopher Tirotta, CEO of American Scientific stated, "We continue to have a strong working relationship with Walgreens, and they have indicated interest in future products that Kidz-Med would like to bring to market. We look forward to the day when the Kidz-Med brand can once again be displayed in their stores nationwide."

The economical environment has forced most every industry to revise short-term strategies and future plans; the retail industry has faced unique market conditions over the past recent quarters.

As Myron E. Ullman, III, and, Robert A. Niblock (Chairman of the National Retail Federation and the Retail Industry Leaders Association, respectively) said in a joint statement last spring, "This is a historic time for our industry. The challenges and opportunities before our members are unprecedented."

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 08:27 PM #618
    Quote Originally Posted by Sworntwofun View Post
    news from ASFX

http://money.aol.com/rtn/pr/child-he...734?channel=pf

Child Health and Safety Product Distribution Channel Changes
    PR Newswire
    posted: 4 HOURS 5 MINUTES AGO

WESTON, Fla., Aug. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Kidz-Med, Inc. (the Company), a subsidiary of American Scientific Resources, Inc. (Pink Sheets: ASFX), is announcing a change in the distribution channels of its flagship product, the Kidz-Med Thermofocus.

Recently, the Company has learned of Walgreens' intent to cut many SKUs out of their planograms going in to the 2009/2010 year, including the Kidz-Med Thermofocus. To the Company's knowledge, this decision is solely the retailer's and is based upon economics. The retailer continues to maintain interest in its relationship with American Scientific Resources, Inc., the infrared thermometer and in other ASR products.

Fortunately, management has made numerous contingency plans. Around the same time, the Company received reliable information that another distinguished baby specialty retailer has placed an initial order of the product. Meanwhile, renewal orders from Walgreens are expected to fall off as early as the end of August. No word has been given as to when reorders might resume.

Dr. Christopher Tirotta, CEO of American Scientific stated, "We continue to have a strong working relationship with Walgreens, and they have indicated interest in future products that Kidz-Med would like to bring to market. We look forward to the day when the Kidz-Med brand can once again be displayed in their stores nationwide."

The economical environment has forced most every industry to revise short-term strategies and future plans; the retail industry has faced unique market conditions over the past recent quarters.

As Myron E. Ullman, III, and, Robert A. Niblock (Chairman of the National Retail Federation and the Retail Industry Leaders Association, respectively) said in a joint statement last spring, "This is a historic time for our industry. The challenges and opportunities before our members are unprecedented."
    That doesn't sound like it will make the stock rocket.

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 08:30 PM #619
    "the Company received reliable information that another distinguished baby specialty retailer has placed an initial order of the product."

what, someone on the hub told ASFX someone placed an order with them?
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 08-14-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Guru
    08-14-2009, 08:31 PM #620
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Nodded off siting here at lunch ... been that kind of week.

Nice BEHL bomb there, hopefully it will perk things up come Monday ...

Back to the grind.

Bill, we got a little contest tonight, eh?

Go 9ers
    Game on! Go Broncos!

It will be interesting anyway, to watch SF and Denver. They both need a good solid team.
    Last edited by billhart22; 08-14-2009 at 08:45 PM.