Page 58 of 77 ... 848565758596068 ...
    Mentor
    08-14-2009, 11:59 AM #571
    I call the same as Bass - I'd look for a close above that level, EOD trade (not saying you should trade it, or to listen to me, just that's how *I* would trade it) - re: that storm stock.

Man - I gotta start some new rules for myself -

1) put my damn stop in directly after I place a trade
    2) do not post to you guys, until I have everything set up

08-14-2009, 12:07 PM #572
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post
    this was his last post about 10 min. ago

I am just as skeptical as the rest of you, but my brother Derick sure is excited tonight.

I hope he is not bullshiznling cuz I bought a bunch more of this stock today. Had to sell some SYNJ though

Go MGLG
    This has been running through my head today and it made me laugh cuz he said his brothers name is derick, like an oil derrick!
    Would you believe me if i told you my brother richard says the navy is coming to town?

Dont know if he was just playing with words or sincere but it is a funny coincidence.

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 12:09 PM #573
    OK -

things settling down, think I'll go to the liquor store and get a coke, instead of going back to bed.

offtopic even though its trading hours, I got tix to see "Fan Halen" on sat, LOL.

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 12:27 PM #574
    btw, ever think of "selling your soul" --- I just looked up NITE. Notice how they didn't crash with the rest of the market? Even more interesting, they have a huge ascending triangle going. Here's an extra bit of TA - when you see a big ass triangle like this, and you are looking for it to break up or down, sometimes the price will turn around near the middle of the price range and head to the end its going to break on... ascending triangles are bullish usually, and here the price has paused in the middle, possibly heading up... now the extra bit - draw a fib retracement from the last low that hit the triangle, and the last high - in this case, its the upper trendline - you want to see the reversal preferably at the 61.8% level. That's where this weeks candle opened. So, early in traders TA traders like lansing would actually go in now, looking for the upside breakout. Now to the elliots and retracements... some traders will wait for a close after the price makes a breakout, ie. buy as its passing the line - TA traders like bulkowski... then after it breaks, often there is a retest (but if there isn't you've missed the boat)... the retest is usually the line, in some cases, wehre there wasn't an internal pullback to that 61.8%, you'll get the retest in the pattern, usually about that level. The retest is usually a point in the elliot wave or a corrective wave on the upswing, the more cautious TA players, like raschke play this one... anyway, i noticed that lansing is looser with stops, as he gets in earlier, while the latter two seem to be tight with them. TA for the day... here's the chart...

Anyone into selling their souls, now is the time to do it early. If you can't beat them, maybe join them? LOL
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 08-14-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 12:34 PM #575
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    OK -

things settling down, think I'll go to the liquor store and get a coke, instead of going back to bed.

offtopic even though its trading hours, I got tix to see "Fan Halen" on sat, LOL.

ive never been to a cover band show.. if the cover band is good, is it a "cool" thing to go see?

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 01:12 PM #576
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    ive never been to a cover band show.. if the cover band is good, is it a "cool" thing to go see?
    There great fun if you have a good sense of humor.... just don't go with anyone that is going to "critique" their performance all night and compare them to the real band... as you will listen to complaining all night.

As with everything, there are some pretty good ones, and ones that can be pretty bad. I just got a laugh out of this one, as the bass player looks like a more beer swilling version of the real bass player. I saw a youtube vid where Sammy Hagar was in the audience and got up on stage with these guys.

Down here, there are a couple of all-female cover bands - AC D-She, and The Iron Maidens. I've seen AC D-She, they were really fun - I often wonder if those two bands hate each other... as I don't usually see them playing the same venue/night... as sometimes, you'll get a stack of cover bands doing the same show.

I just thought it was worth mentioning to the guitar heads on here.

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 01:39 PM #577
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Bastard!!!! LOL...
    Pound the ask with at least one share, so it looks good on the charts! lol.
    LOL!!! - Of course in keeping with my track record it instantly dropped another shaving or two ... Sometimes I have to kick myself in the rear section of the brain and remember just how silly these sub-pennies can be ... Don't get me wrong, money is money and it boils down to basic math but ... After holding co. stock that used to move in 20-30 cent chunks in minutes and often times dollars all day, day in and day out ...

Just trying to give myself some perspective and maybe a little pep talk ...

"It's a bloody 3 cents!"

Some good stuff here this morning, will catch up at lunch ... "Fan Halen"

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 01:50 PM #578
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    LOL!!! - Of course in keeping with my track record it instantly dropped another shaving or two ... Sometimes I have to kick myself in the rear section of the brain and remember just how silly these sub-pennies can be ... Don't get me wrong, money is money and it boils down to basic math but ... After holding co. stock that used to move in 20-30 cent chunks in minutes and often times dollars all day, day in and day out ...

Just trying to give myself some perspective and maybe a little pep talk ...

"It's a bloody 3 cents!"

Some good stuff here this morning, will catch up at lunch ... "Fan Halen"
    LOL - let's just hope it closes actually a little above 0.03 - as if its on the line, it'll be almost a solid red candle... want to show some sort of a bounce for folks to look at over the weekend!

Mentor
    08-14-2009, 01:58 PM #579
    Support and resistance, is it real? Am I crazy....

Check out my friend PACR... I bought in around $2. Then added as it crossed the $3 line. Up 100% on the original as long as it holds $4... but look at it today, hit the resistance line and went down...

Looking at the cup shape, and how parabolic the move is, I'm betting on consolidation at this point.... I want to stay in long term.. more resistance levels to hit above, but also would like part of the original out.

What to do? Makes me more of a believer of support and resistance first... what would you do? Take 1/2 out and leave in just free shares, or take a little profit and keep in some free shares, and wait for a new breakout if it happens?

I"m more inclined to take some bird in the hand.

08-14-2009, 02:04 PM #580
    2.5 more hours!!!!!!!!!!!!