Page 97 of 98 ... 478795969798
    08-29-2015, 08:00 PM #961
    Pssst... Hey Hedy...
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

08-29-2015, 10:18 PM #962
    Sirius XM Holdings Given Average Recommendation of “Buy” by Brokerages (NASDAQ:SIRI)

http://www.dakotafinancialnews.com/s...aqsiri/390698/
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

08-29-2015, 10:19 PM #963
    Are More Ads in the Cards for Sirius XM Holdings Inc?

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...oldings-i.aspx

08-29-2015, 11:26 PM #964
    Muscle... he was caught using Crunching.Numbers and a few other aliases. He's full of it. He was caught over at Seeking Alpha too and a few ID's he used were banned. The real crunching numbers had one of his ID's banned. He told me. He even stole my identity over at Seeking Alpha and I had it banned. They are watching him now.

Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Just what I thought. No reason given because there is absolutely no reason to do it. But oddly enough you still do it. All these years. Nature of the net. SMH
    Last edited by midas360; 08-29-2015 at 11:41 PM.

Guru
    08-30-2015, 12:18 AM #965
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    muscle... He was caught using crunching.numbers and a few other aliases. He's full of it. He was caught over at seeking alpha too and a few id's he used were banned. The real crunching numbers had one of his id's banned. He told me. He even stole my identity over at seeking alpha and i had it banned. They are watching him now.
    YAWN

My god...you just cant stop can you!? Unbelievable lol.
    Last edited by dm_4; 08-30-2015 at 12:57 AM.

Addict
    08-30-2015, 10:04 AM #966
    Wow, nuther fan fell over the rail at Turner Stadium in Atlanta and died

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fan-fal...7882--spt.html

A-Rod will probably get sued cause he was up at bat when the fan fell.

Addict
    08-30-2015, 08:33 PM #967
    Netflix at over 100 times EBITDA and 400 times next year's earnings reminds me of the old AOL Time Warner days. Does anybody actually believe that there won't be dozens of competitors entering the market and that content costs will be going down instead of up??? Heck Netflix is going to spend $5 billion on content next year. That's going to go down? Please..... My hope is Netflix goes to 10,000 times earnings so all the competition can eventually be similarly valued. What will Hulu be worth? What will HBO and Showtime be worth?

People forget that Hulu is owned by Comcast Disney and Fox. HBO is owned by Time Warner. Showtime is owned by CBS. Does anybody actually think these guys will lie down and not compete heavily with Netflix?

Before there was Google, there was Lycos, Alta Vista, and Excite. Before there was Facebook there was MySpace and Classmates.com. They were all supposed to rule the world. Nature of the open internet. Something always comes along. Please Netflix go to $1,000 per share. It will be fun to watch you take on all the competition heading your way..........

Look out Netflix, here comes Hulu -

UPDATED: For those who turn to Netflix for high-profile films like the “Hunger Games” movies and “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” you’ll have to look to Hulu soon.

Netflix said it won’t renew its deal with Epix in a blog post Sunday by chief content officer Ted Sarandos. The deal will close at the end of September, removing such hits as “World War Z” and the “Rocky” films from Netflix.

Epix confirmed the end of the relationship later on Sunday by officially announcing that it and Hulu has closed a multi-year, non-exclusive deal that will start Oct. 1, moving titles from Paramount, MGM and Lionsgate to that platform.

“Hulu already offers some of the best and biggest titles in television programming, but our subscribers have been asking us for more, and more recent, big movies. We listened. Through this new deal with EPIX, we are proud to now be able to offer a huge selection of the biggest blockbusters and premium films,” said Craig Erwich, SVP, head of content, Hulu, in the announcement. “This is a landmark deal for Hulu and it marks a huge expansion for our offering of premium programming.”

“Hulu has become one of the most popular premium streaming services and EPIX’s agreement is evidence of their understanding of the value that our blockbuster Hollywood films, deep library of classic film titles and original programming brings to consumers,” said Mark Greenberg, president and CEO of EPIX. “We are excited to be partnering with Hulu, and share their commitment to providing viewers a truly premium experience, particularly as we enter the next phase of our network’s growth and development.”

At launch, “Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” “Star Trek: Into Darkness,” “World War Z,” “Wolf of Wall Street,” “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit,” “Robocop,” “God’s Not Dead” and more will become available to Hulu subscribers. “Interstellar,” “Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,” “Selma,” “The Spongebob Movie: Sponge out of Water,” “Top Five” and more will become available on the streaming service in the coming months.

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news...ng-1201581520/

08-30-2015, 10:31 PM #968
    @Muscle... I missed this article. Did you? I think you will enjoy this. If you have, disregard.

Comcast's super-fast cable Internet is coming

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/25/tech...&iid=obnetwork

Addict
    08-31-2015, 07:05 AM #969
    Look out Netflix, here comes Hulu -

UPDATED: For those who turn to Netflix for high-profile films like the “Hunger Games” movies and “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” you’ll have to look to Hulu soon.

Netflix said it won’t renew its deal with Epix in a blog post Sunday by chief content officer Ted Sarandos. The deal will close at the end of September, removing such hits as “World War Z” and the “Rocky” films from Netflix.

Epix confirmed the end of the relationship later on Sunday by officially announcing that it and Hulu has closed a multi-year, non-exclusive deal that will start Oct. 1, moving titles from Paramount, MGM and Lionsgate to that platform.

“Hulu already offers some of the best and biggest titles in television programming, but our subscribers have been asking us for more, and more recent, big movies. We listened. Through this new deal with EPIX, we are proud to now be able to offer a huge selection of the biggest blockbusters and premium films,” said Craig Erwich, SVP, head of content, Hulu, in the announcement. “This is a landmark deal for Hulu and it marks a huge expansion for our offering of premium programming.”

“Hulu has become one of the most popular premium streaming services and EPIX’s agreement is evidence of their understanding of the value that our blockbuster Hollywood films, deep library of classic film titles and original programming brings to consumers,” said Mark Greenberg, president and CEO of EPIX. “We are excited to be partnering with Hulu, and share their commitment to providing viewers a truly premium experience, particularly as we enter the next phase of our network’s growth and development.”

At launch, “Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” “Transformers: Age of Extinction,” “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” “Star Trek: Into Darkness,” “World War Z,” “Wolf of Wall Street,” “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit,” “Robocop,” “God’s Not Dead” and more will become available to Hulu subscribers. “Interstellar,” “Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,” “Selma,” “The Spongebob Movie: Sponge out of Water,” “Top Five” and more will become available on the streaming service in the coming months.

http://variety.com/2015/digital/news...ng-1201581520/
    No doubt there continues to be lots of competition for the likes of NFLX. I'm amazed at the number of people I still see constantly lined up at the Redbox outside the grocery store. Every time I go to the store there are at least 2-3 people waiting to use it. Each time I think, Who uses actual discs anymore?...but apparently plenty of people do - Just look at the stock of parent company Outerwall (OUTR). Then there's Plex, Crackle, Vudu, Apple TV, Chrome, Amazon Prime/Fire, etc. It's a crowded field

Addict
    08-31-2015, 07:49 AM #970
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    No doubt there continues to be lots of competition for the likes of NFLX. I'm amazed at the number of people I still see constantly lined up at the Redbox outside the grocery store. Every time I go to the store there are at least 2-3 people waiting to use it. Each time I think, Who uses actual discs anymore?...but apparently plenty of people do - Just look at the stock of parent company Outerwall (OUTR). Then there's Plex, Crackle, Vudu, Apple TV, Chrome, Amazon Prime/Fire, etc. It's a crowded field
    My opinion is the biggest threats to Netflix streaming dominance will be Hulu, HBO, Showtime, Amazon and Apple. Hulu ending up the biggest threat because it is owned by 3 of the largest content players in media - Comcast, Disney and Fox. I don't know yet what Malone and cable have up their sleeve with TV Everywhere - perhaps Starz, maybe X1?

Remember what sat radio competition between only 2 players, Sirius and XM, did to content costs? They would not have even survived without a merger. There will be several large streaming video competitors for Netflix. Nature of the net.
    Last edited by MUSCLE13; 08-31-2015 at 08:01 AM.