Page 18 of 26 ... 81617181920 ...
    Enthusiast
    06-26-2009, 11:41 PM #171
    Add one more to the app conversion rate.

Keysmark

06-26-2009, 11:47 PM #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmark View Post
    Add one more to the app conversion rate.

Keysmark

Hi Keysmark,
    Just out of curiousity, how easy are they making it to sign up
    (and pay) for the new app? And is it paid on a monthly, yearly
    basis?

Julie

Head Honcho
    06-27-2009, 12:11 AM #173
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    I think we can agree we all know this,but i said the early downloads were mostly subs already who wanted it for mobil purposes..
    The early subs could have been anyone and their uncle IMHO. There were ads everywhere, pop ups on the main sirius.com website that you had to click through to even get to the site, print ads, and news articles galore about the launch of the app. I would say that most were not current subs that wanted mobile.

We knew about the launch because we don't take our eyes off of this company but the majority of the Sirius subs probably had no idea about the launch. How many Sirius XM subscribers do you think own an iPhone? Based on probability and the total number of iPhones sold I would guess that its maybe 5%. We should run a poll here, I bet 1 in 20 on this very board have an iPhone.

For instance, I subscribe to xbox live, love the service and use it almost daily for things like netflix and xbox live went down for maintainance last week and I had NO IDEA. I guess it has been scheduled and talked about all over the net, even by tech blogs and mainsream media but I had no idea. When I signed on, I thought my credit card had expired, I went to the support website only to find out that xbox live would be down for 24hours ?!?!? (seems like a long time). Point being, I had no idea and I use the service, just like most Sirius XM subscribers probably didnt know about the launch and the majority still dont know AND the even bigger majority dont even have iPhones.

My 2 cents.... I think that the majority of those early downloads were tech geeks and geniunely interested potential subscribers.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-27-2009, 12:18 AM #174
    Be honest guys, lets try and get a good feel for this. If we can get all the active people on this board to be honest we might actually get some decent numbers to work with.

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2163
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-27-2009, 12:45 AM #175
    Fake Baba Booey twitter account shut down? http://twitter.com/baba_booey No more celebrity impersonating allowed?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-27-2009, 11:31 AM #176
    Once again how many times does this have to happen before you guys learn you cant call this stocks PPS on a day to day, minute to minute basis. Now while it did almost exactly what I said, which was to get out at .47 because it will come back to the .30s which you can get back in at, that was lucky because it was a longer term call and not suppose to happen all in a day or 2. Even I dont put that much in my own call because I did not even come close to selling a tenth of my shit at .47.

Hey tripp still think we are done with the .30s?

I am thankful for this site because it along with this companies stock has me laughing instead of crying (if I just had this stock alone).

P.S. I wonder how many of the gurus at Satwaves saw that one coming. My guess is zero.
    Last edited by john; 06-27-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Guru
    06-27-2009, 12:05 PM #177
    when the iphone app came out, we didn't get official numbers from sxm until the 4th day, sunday. Keep an eye out for maybe another announcement before mondays open.

I check our rank on the app store every chance i get, i saw we dropped to 4 and was about to post it too. Its not a bad thing. After a full week we are still top 5!! Pretty sweet imo.

I hope sxm is watching the numbers closely and releases howard on the app when the #1 spot on the free music apps is getting pressure.

Please find the thread Irish started regarding the last minute of trading friday to comment and capture thoughts. http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2165

Mentor
    06-27-2009, 12:41 PM #178
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Once again how many times does this have to happen before you guys learn you cant call this stocks PPS on a day to day, minute to minute basis. Now while it did almost exactly what I said, which was to get out at .47 because it will come back to the .30s which you can get back in at, that was lucky because it was a longer term call and not suppose to happen all in a day or 2. Even I dont put that much in my own call because I did not even come close to selling a tenth of my shit at .47.

Hey tripp still think we are done with the .30s?

I am thankful for this site because it along with this companies stock has me laughing instead of crying (if I just had this stock alone).

P.S. I wonder how many of the gurus at Satwaves saw that one coming. My guess is zero.
    Wrong,BM took credit already for the call....LOL
    What's up John,besides SP.....and the shorts are gone..

Enthusiast
    06-27-2009, 01:23 PM #179
    I was thinking last night as to why the Siri App dropped.. or was passed by the games. So here is my thinking:
    1. Not sure here, but does the Siri App run on the first version of the iphone/itouch? if not, the game apps probably do, so there is a big advantage.
    2. I would think the number of itouch users downloading this app would be small. It does have wireless capability, but I can't really see someone paying for a sub or even downloading the app when wireless access can be spotty. Again, big advantage to the game apps.

2 reasons possible reasons why it would be tough for the iphone app to hit #1 on overall apps much less sustain a high ranking. Just thinking that almost everyone that has an iphon/itouch downloads the games. Still... we'll probably see 1 million downloads by end of quarter.

Charles, you mentioned above that "we are not far from a unified way to distribute audio entertainment and these guys that own their own stuff dont really need any major corp to back them anymore." I had this exact discussion with Newman back when we were up in arms about baseball not being on XM. If Sirius is smart, they are starting to think about this really hard and leverage what they have now into later being the "unified way to distribute audio entertainment", be it from Internet, or space... using your computer, iphone, sat radio, whatever, you'll have access to the all content everywhere anytime.

You also had mentioned what a great design team Apple has and that Sirius should mimic their methodologies. Won't happen IMO with Mel's team. Mel got the merger done and all the cost cutting, etc and hopefully, he can get Stern re-signed under decent terms and get him on the phone apps. But after that...maybe he'll be on his way out in October and allow some fresh thinking to come in to a semi-healthy company. Tyler had mentioned months back about the East Coast mentality of Karmazing versus a West Coast mentality (Apple?)... So I agree... we could definitely use some Apple mentality within Sirius.
    Last edited by otone; 06-27-2009 at 02:01 PM. Reason: bad math on how many subs we may see

Mentor
    06-27-2009, 01:32 PM #180
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    I was thinking last night as to why the Siri App dropped.. or was passed by the games. So here is my thinking:
    1. Not sure here, but does the Siri App run on the first version of the iphone/itouch? if not, the game apps probably do, so there is a big advantage.
    2. I would think the number of itouch users downloading this app would be small. It does have wireless capability, but I can't really see someone paying for a sub or even downloading the app when wireless access can be spotty. Again, big advantage to the game apps.

2 reasons possible reasons why it would be tough for the iphone app to hit #1 on overall apps much less sustain a high ranking. Just thinking that almost everyone that has an iphon/itouch downloads the games. Still... we'll probably see 1 million downloads by end of quarter. If only 1% hit, that is still 100,000 subs more than we had.

Charles, you mentioned above that "we are not far from a unified way to distribute audio entertainment and these guys that own their own stuff dont really need any major corp to back them anymore." I had this exact discussion with Newman back when we were up in arms about baseball not being on XM. If Sirius is smart, they are starting to think about this really hard and leverage what they have now into later being the "unified way to distribute audio entertainment", be it from Internet, or space... using your computer, iphone, sat radio, whatever, you'll have access to the all content everywhere anytime.

You also had mentioned what a great design team Apple has and that Sirius should mimic their methodologies. Won't happen IMO with Mel's team. Mel got the merger done and all the cost cutting, etc and hopefully, he can get Stern re-signed under decent terms and get him on the phone apps. But after that...maybe he'll be on his way out in October and allow some fresh thinking to come in to a semi-healthy company. Tyler had mentioned months back about the East Coast mentality of Karmazing versus a West Coast mentality (Apple?)... So I agree... we could definitely use some Apple mentality within Sirius.
    1--yes it does
    2--agreed

my point tho is i hyped up the app because of extra revenue it will bring...it wont replace the auto market.. as long as people drive cars that is our bread and butter---PERIOD.
    Last edited by bassmaster; 06-27-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Page 18 of 26 ... 81617181920 ...