Page 8 of 17 ... 678910 ...
    Mentor
    10-28-2009, 12:46 AM #71
    Paragon, is another example of getting to the line, and reversing... however, if it rises tomorrow, could be bullish -

I see a lot of these can rebound at the bottom of their patterns... and also, a pullback within the pattern about 2/3 up is a bullish sign... I think it more depends on whether the transports make a lower low. We also have a lot of economic reports coming up... check the finviz calendar.

OCNF -

I think this guy just followed the rest today. It's sketchy on the line without a hammer... we will see which way it goes tomorrow though.

10-28-2009, 12:48 AM #72

Thanks!!

Thanks for the charts Dr Dave!!

Mentor
    10-28-2009, 06:11 AM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by scott6003 View Post
    Hey,

First time register/poster, long time reader.

I am starting into stocks for the first time. I just have a few questions.

When you buy into pennie stocks, how much do you usually invest.

Ex: If a stock was .02 cents how much would you tend to put in.

Last question. Do you usually sell as soon as it would go up to .04 or do you hang onto them for the long haul.

Thanks

Scott
    Hi Scott -

Welcome to the group. Those questions seem easy enough... but the problem is, there are so many ways to invest/trade, that each of us definitely has a different answer.

So how much do I trade?
    For me, I'm still learning how to trade them, so my version of "paper trading" is to only trade a little at a time while learning... so $200-400. Others on here will go in much much much larger than that, and that is because of differences in risk tolerance, and the differences in trading/investing styles.

While it may sound strange, I actually have a high risk tolerance... but I'm a technical trader... it's the only style I seem to be matched for. When I first traded pennies after coming to this board, I used that approach, made some money. But a lot on here are speculative or fundamental traders, so I gave in a little (I actually started out as one), and found I started losing more... not because the approach is wrong, I'm just not good at it. So, I'm back to my normal tricks for the most part... other than cutting out some of the penny stocks I'm still in that are on the downside. But, because I traded so small, it didn't hurt my account any when I deviated from the plan.

I used to switch styles, but go in whole hog... so what ended up happening was, after making a lot of money from what I was doing previously, I'd drain my account trying out something new. One of those times was my first trip into penny stocks years ago.

So, on that note, if you are brand spanking new - I'd stick with $200-$300 a trade, and that's whether you are starting out with $1000 or $100000. Now, beginner's luck may happen, and you may want to shoot me if your first stock jumps up 1000% - which can happen with these things.. but the opportunities will keep coming.. and so will the bad trades. Truthfully, if you've never traded before, I'd actually say to trade the listed stocks first, but obviously, you have an interest in these.

Long story cut a little shorter... for these, $200-300 will clear your commissions on a good run, and it isn't much to lose. With these stocks, there is the chance of literally losing it all. Since I restarted in these, I've had 2 completely stop trading. One of which, I can't get out of, I can't buy or sell it. So, if you are the gambling type, penny stocks are for you. If you cringe at the thought of a total wipeout on a trade, then I think something like AAPL is a better way to go.

Once you figure out a style and have your feet wet, you can always up the amount you trade.

Money management is pretty key, a lot of pro traders don't risk more than 1-2% of their portfolio on a trade.. that means, not losing more than 1-2%, where that means, if they are down that much on a trade, they cut out. But when you start, if you don't have much capital, you need to go higher than that. Others will manage money by using a percentage of their portfolio for their trade amount.. ie. 5% of the account can go into a trade. But even they say for a beginner with low capital, going in say 10% is ok. When I started I of course did much more than that... so think it over. Like I said, we all do our trading differently here. I'm sure some will think my answers are crazy because they go in with $10000 a trade, or average down, etc. I just think a person needs to start small when doing trading a new style, and if you haven't done it, then it's a new style, lol.

Now to answer your 0.02 question... I"m not sure if you mean $0.02 as in 2 cents, or 0.02 cents = $0.0002 - which is where a lot of penny stocks trade at. *My* answer is it totally depends on the charts and what I think is going to happen. I'm at the point where I'm ok with myself in upping my $400 limit.. but the answer to your question is dependent on the stock and what I see as a probability of happening. You will get a completely different answer from someone else. In the end, you'll have to decide what to trade. For penny stocks though, just assume you have a decent chance of never getting your money back on each trade. Actually, that isn't an assumption, the probability exists that you will never get your money back on each trade. In the end, I can't answer the question without seeing a chart on a particular stock.

Last question - would I sell after it doubled, or hang in for the long haul.. again, kind of depends on the stock, but so far, I have done different things.. when I first started (ok, I'm talking about my "restart" in the pennies after I joined this board) - I took all of my profit when it reached my target. For other trades, I sold some of it when I thought the stock was going to reverse - I sold enough to cover my initial investment and the remaining shares I have let ride. But, I've changed my mind on that one... I still have the shares, but I'm watching to see whether a certain price will still hold. Others I have cashed out bit by bit on the climb up. Yet another, I actually added to. It just depends on what the stock is doing, and my read on it... or rather my read and the read of the other guys (and julie too) on the stock.

In the end, I find paper trading (where you don't put in any money) isn't quite the same as trading with some money. So when learning in the beginning, or learning a new trading style, I think that trading with a little will allow you to stay engaged, have a little emotional attachment, but also keep it safe.

I know I couldn't answer 2 of the questions with a definitive answer, but I hope that helps.

-D

Guru
    10-28-2009, 10:00 AM #74

Ocnf

OCNF..............The buy of the year so far! Look at that price!! Wow!

Whats wrong with it?

Guru
    10-28-2009, 11:04 AM #75
    Oct 27, 2009 (Datamonitor Financial Deals Tracker via COMTEX) -- Bio-Clean,
    Inc., a distributor of non-toxic, non-corrosive and biodegradable commercial
    cleaners and solvents, has entered into a letter of intent (LoI) to acquire
    American Bio-Tech Cleaning, Inc. (ABT), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bio-Clean
    International, Inc.

ABT currently supplies the cleaning products that Bio-Clean distributes. All the
    companies are based in the US.

Under the terms of the LoI, Bio-Clean will issue 14 million of its common shares
    for all of the outstanding common shares of ABT.

Based on the closing price of Bio-Clean common stock of $0.37 per share on
    October 23, 2009, the 14 million shares are estimated to be worth $5.18 million.

Deal Value (US$ Million) 5.18

Deal Type Acquisition

Sub-Category 100% Acquisition

Deal Status Announced: 2009-10-26

Deal Participants

Target (Company) American Bio-Tech Cleaning, Inc.

Acquirer (Company) Bio-Clean, Inc. (formerly Nature of Beauty, Ltd.)

Vendor (Company) Bio-Clean International, Inc.

(c) 2001-2007 Datamonitor. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without prior written consent. Datamonitor shall not be liable for errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.

-0-

Guru
    10-28-2009, 11:06 AM #76
    GoldSpring Appoints Experienced Mining Executive
    Date : 10/14/2009 @ 8:30AM
    Source : PR Newswire
    Stock : (GSPG)
    Quote : 0.0087 -0.0005 (-5.43%) @ 10:38AM

GoldSpring Appoints Experienced Mining Executive

GOLD HILL, Nev., Oct. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- GoldSpring, Inc. (OTC Bulletin Board: GSPG) is pleased to announce that it has appointed Robert A. Reseigh to serve as interim Chief Executive Officer (CEO). In this role, Mr. Reseigh will oversee all activities of the company, focusing on the resumption of mine production for the Company's Comstock Mine project. Mr. Reseigh has served as a Director of GoldSpring since 2008, and is a recognized expert and independent consultant for tunnel, shaft, and mine development projects. Mr. Reseigh brings a wealth of mining expertise and executive oversight to GoldSpring.

Mr. Reseigh has over 40 years of experience in the mining and underground construction industries. As a mining and civil engineering executive, he has overseen more than $1 billion in civil and mine construction projects in his career. Mr. Reseigh commented, "I've been a part of many successful mines. It's great to be a part of a gold company again, and I'm particularly excited by this project, with its immediate production opportunities and great exploration potential."

"Bob is a seasoned mining professional, and we have benefited greatly from Bob's service as a Director," stated Bill Nance, GoldSpring's Chairman of the Board. "As CEO, Bob strengthens our executive team, and his experience in constructing and operating mines will be instrumental in our plan to resume mine production. In addition, Rob Faber will continue to serve as the Company's President and CFO, focusing on corporate matters and finance needs of our expanding enterprise."

About Mr. Reseigh

Mr. Reseigh holds a Master of Science, Engineer of Mines degree from the Colorado School of Mines. Mr. Reseigh spent nearly 20 years with Peter Kiewit, a construction company, which is one of the largest privately-held companies in the United States. He held several positions with Peter Kiewit, including Vice President and Area Manager for Precious Metals Mine Projects. After leaving Peter Kiewit, Mr. Reseigh served as Executive Vice President of Atkinson Construction Company, a subsidiary of Clark Construction, where he directed all construction projects performed by the corporation. The international portfolio of design and construction projects for which Mr. Reseigh has been responsible in his career include the Sapir Pumping Plant for the Mekoroth Water Company in Israel, the McCormick Place West Hall Expansion Storm Water Tunnel in Chicago, and the Minorco Lisheen underground lead and zinc mine in Ireland. Mr. Reseigh has been a frequent speaker at mining and construction industry conferences and has published several industry-specific papers. Mr. Reseigh has also been appointed as a member of the Moles Association and the Beavers Association, East Coast- and West Coast-based associations of prominent individuals in the heavy construction industry.

About GoldSpring, Inc.

GoldSpring, Inc. is a North American precious metals mining company, focused in Nevada, with extensive, contiguous property in the Comstock Lode District. In the Company's relatively short history, it secured permits, built an infrastructure and brought the Comstock Lode project into production. Since 2005, the Company has been acquiring additional properties around its Comstock Lode project in northern Nevada, expanding its footprint and creating opportunities for exploration and mining. A drilling program through early 2009 has produced encouraging results, and led to increased engineering and permitting activities with the goal of returning the mine to production. The Company's objectives are to resume mine production, optimize metallurgical and mine processes, increase reserves through exploration and acquisitions, and continue to expand its footprint in the Comstock.

Cautionary Note to U.S. Investors: The United States Securities and Exchange Commission permits U.S. mining companies, in their filings with the SEC, to disclose only those mineral deposits that a company can economically and legally extract or produce. We may use certain terms on this press release, such as "measured", "indicated", and "inferred" resources, which the SEC guidelines strictly prohibit U.S. registered companies from including in their filings with the SEC. U.S. investors are urged to consider closely the disclosure in our Form 10-KSB which may be secured from us, or from the SEC's website at http://www.sec.gov/edgar.shtml

The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 provides a 'safe harbor' for forward-looking statements. Certain information included in this communication (as well as information included in oral statements or other written statements made or to be made by GoldSpring) contains statements that are 'forward-looking,' as defined in Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act, such as statements relating to the future anticipated direction of the high technology and energy industries, plans for future expansion, various business development activities, planned capital expenditures, future funding sources, anticipated sales growth, mining capability and potential contracts. Such forward-looking information involves important risks and uncertainties, which include the risk factors disclosed in our most recent filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, that could significantly affect anticipated results in the future and, accordingly, such results may differ from those expressed in any forward-looking statements made by or on behalf of GoldSpring.

These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those relating to development and expansion activities, dependence on existing management, financial activities, domestic and global economic conditions, changes in federal or state tax laws and market competition factors. These and other factors, which could cause actual results to differ materially, are discussed in more detail in GoldSpring's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as 'anticipate,' 'believe,' 'could,' 'estimate,' 'expect,' 'intend,' 'may,' 'should,' 'will,' and 'would' or similar words. We assume no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.

Contact information for GoldSpring, Inc.: P.O. Box 1118 Virginia City, NV 89440 Tel 775.847.5272 Fax 775.847.4762 http://www.goldspring.us/

Robert T. Faber, President and CEO 480.603.5151 775.847.5272 E-mail:

DATASOURCE: GoldSpring, Inc.

CONTACT: GoldSpring, Inc., +1-775-847-5272, Fax, +1-775-847-4762; or

Robert T. Faber, President and CEO of GoldSpring, Inc., +1-480-603-5151, or

+1-775-847-5272,

Web Site: http://www.goldspring.us/

Guru
    10-28-2009, 11:09 AM #77
    BHWX is ‘highly flammable.’ Make sure you watch it today!

Black Hawk Exploration (BHWX) is a US based lithium exploration company with seasoned management and high quality lithium projects. BHWX has been involved in mineral exploration since 2005. The company currently focuses on securing and developing high quality lithium properties. BHWX holds mineral rights to 1,120 acres in the lithium rich Clayton Valley in Nevada.

Lithium's soft silver-white metal is the lightest metal and least dense solid element—which is highly reactive and can be used in many applications including; electrical, chemical, general engineering, alloys, optics, rocketry and nuclear application to name a few.

"Lithium ion batteries are anticipated to replace gasoline as the principal source of energy in future cars and military vehicles." The National Alliance for Advanced Transportation BatteryCell Manufacture.

BHWX has properties located in the Clayton Valley, Nevada. This location is home to the only lithium production facility in the United States.

The Clayton Valley plant has been in production since 1967 and is designed to produce 1.2 million kg of lithium per year. It has produced an estimated 50 million kg of lithium to date. The American Institute of Mining estimates the mineral resource of the Clayton Valley to be 750 million kg of lithium.

In 2006, according to the USGS, the United States was the leading consumer of lithium minerals and compounds, not to mention the leading producer of value-added lithium materials.

* According to the USGS, overall demand for lithium is growing at a rate of 4-5% per year.
    * Over 60% of mobile phones and 90% of laptop computers feature Lithium Ion batteries.
    * The automotive market alone is projected to reach $337 million in 2012 and $1.6 billion in 2015.
    * Demand for lithium destined for battery usage is predicted to grow by 20% per year.
    * The worldwide market for rechargeable lithium batteries is estimated to be worth over $6 billion by 2012.
    * President Obama has called for one million American hybrid vehicles on American roads by 2015.

Adding confidence to our pick today, BHWX recently released news that they have received a $1 million financing commitment; undoubtedly contributing to the strong uptrend BHWX is in. For more on this story, visit the Hideout message board for BHWX at www.stockhideout.com/mb/bhwx

At the Hideout, we love technical analysis and BHWX fits the mold precisely. The chart has been trending up since it started trading a few weeks ago and other than some small profit taking, BHWX has held profit pullbacks twice and moved back up into strength.

Last edited by billhart22; 10-28-2009 at 12:22 PM.

Mentor
    10-28-2009, 11:31 AM #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Good morning, Fellas, and Julie, Too

We turned the heater on last night - which is something that folks do, when they have a kid ;-)

Yes, it dipped into the 50s last night. While *that* may not seem cold to some, dropping from 86 yesterday to fifty something last night is a disparity that leaves the room a little bit chilly.

And that boy, well, I kinda like him.

Dave's Bjurts: ha! My friend has taken to giving me a poke, folks. Bender, as he signed the post, liked to spam lists for his 'bjurts' - get it, Bender's Yurts. It really rubbed me the wrong way. Not only was he spamming - but he was promoting an inferior product.

So, hey, welcome back Dave, my friend. yahass...

hee haw

Tib: Man, I gotta hand it to you. Well, you're either a glutton for punishment, like me, or you have a fortitude that is unparalleled.

I climbed out of the rabbit hole, put my orders in, and said 'f' it. I can't stomach the research into these guys.

It's not so much that the DD on the company gets me as much as indications of where this country is going.

It really sickens me.

My little wifey, the one who would have preferred to not know about a lot of things, rented Fast Food Nation last night.

We both read the book - and The Jungle, too.

FFN actually does a great job, even though a bit hokey, at getting real information out in the movie. It's a star-studded cast, actually.

Don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I despise Monsanto.

6:29 -- gotta get this out...

Rams
    Hey Rams, the line between fortitude and stupidity ... fortipidity?

Any minute now a PR is due from the great QASP, it's believable enough even coming from the shrub ... There is actualy a few pretty good guy's over there on this one.

Supposed to be some clarification on the share count, possibily some aqui - news.

As I mentioned late yesterday, cauldrons of pixie dust falling from the sky ...

Guru
    10-28-2009, 11:47 AM #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Any minute now a PR is due from the great QASP.
    Oh no, not from the man behind the curtain! Quick! Call Dorothy and Toto!

Guru
    10-28-2009, 12:19 PM #80
    PAYI could head higher on recent big news

If you like trading stocks under a quarter with HUGE news of late, you opened the right email this morning and should definitely READ MORE.

We found a potential winner in PAYI; this company has a business model and news that could sustain an uptrend for quite some time.

PAY88 Inc. (OTCBB: PAYI) is a leading reseller of online multiplayer game time in Chongqing, China. Pay88 offers a portfolio of diversified online multiplayer game time and prepaid cards including some of the most popular multiplayer and casual online games in China, along with many other products including prepaid phone and education cards.

PAYI reported 2008 revenue of $19.7 million selling online multiplayer game time in China.

They are not stopping there either, check out some of PAYI’s recent news:

* PAYI announces distribution agreement with SOHU Co., Ltd (NASDAQ:SOHU)
    o SOHU is one of the leading Internet media companies in China with more than 100 million users and 700 million site visits per day and revenues of over $429 million USD in 2008
    * PAYI announces they are teaming up with Alibaba.com.
    o Alibaba.com is the world’s largest marketplace for global trade and the leader in business-to-business (B2B) e-commerce with more than 42 million registered users from more than 240 countries and regions.

How about some independent analysis:

* According to CNNIC distribution shows, Chinese Internet users reached 298 million in 2008 with 187 million of them being GAME USERS.
    * Xinhua News Agency notes that the size of Chinese online game industry has far exceeded the income of three traditional entertainment industries, including movies, TV programs and audio.
    * Forbes reports China’s online video game community is gaining an average of 4 million new players each month.
    * China’s online video game industry grew 61% in 2008, generating $2.75 billion in revenue. This thriving market is expected to reach $3.8 billion by year-end.

PAYI’s chart demonstrates a bit of profit taking yesterday, but we like that prior to our alerts, as this often signals the sellers are out and the continuation uptrend is to follow. Support points are steady at the MA20, 50 and 200 between .18 - .16 with resistance at .24 and .26 before a potential breakout point.

Page 8 of 17 ... 678910 ...