Page 5 of 54 ... 3456715 ...
    01-02-2015, 08:21 PM #41
    It sure is, and the admin would be able to deduce if a proxy is involved via the ip the posts are coming from. No proxy in use, just a new member. Now, weather or not other members do this.. only an investigation will show the results.

Lets do a full audit, and post the results. See what is what and who is who, at least from a duplicate IP to multiple user.

Quote Originally Posted by Faulkner_SA View Post
    Easy enough to proxy so not worth looking into

01-02-2015, 10:51 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapShot27 View Post
    Regarding RealShortPenis.com... Slip- As an investor you were not even kept informed of the status ("up" / "not up") of the website???
    Slapshot, It was totally a tongue in cheek comment. "Please don't ban me if I ask a question". I have been very consistent in my sarcasm towards that site. It almost feels like a putdown that you thought I was an investor.

Head Honcho
    01-03-2015, 11:29 PM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius_Stagnation View Post
    Yes, please do look in to it and post the results.
    I'd need to know who you think the offenders are and what their name are.

Easy enough to proxy so not worth looking into
    Its easy to deduce. Its also easy to ban proxies if necessary.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-04-2015, 12:29 AM #44
    I think it is worth looking into. I post under one name and it's midas360 on Sirius Buzz. This is not only a problem on Sirius Buzz but a big problem on Seeking Alpha. Seeking Alpha did the same thing that Spencer/Charles is suggesting and weeded out the person doing it. That same person brought the ID's over from Seeking Alpha to Sirius Buzz.

There's a whole host of names created just to play games over the past few months. Not worth looking into they'll easily make others.
    Last edited by midas360; 01-04-2015 at 12:38 AM.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    01-04-2015, 07:46 AM #45
    Hello everyone and Happy New Year! My prediction for year end 2015 is a bit different from you all. While consulting my magic 8 ball, I hve discovered that by year end there will be no more Sirius as we currently know it. Liberty will have slithered their way into a successful buyout and effectively absorb our company. There is also the unfortunate side note of a U.S. retaliatory global apocalypse resulting from the release of a highly insulting North Korean produced feature film about a fictitious assassination plot of Barak Obama. This of course renders everything else about our existence moot. Far fetched, I realize, but it's not me. It's my 8 ball. Now, in the event my magic 8 ball is incorrect, I have my own hopeful prediction of ending the year on December 31st at $4.79 with a year high of $5.11. These numbers are based on nothing more scientific than pulling random numbers out of my arse.

01-04-2015, 01:56 PM #46
    SB, I appreciate the offer.

As a new member, and one that was prematurely (or is it immaturely) defined as someone in that category by a more senior member after my very first post, would feel like I would be shooting myself in the foot if I called anyone out publicly and was wrong. I have only read the December and January threads in the 'Sirius XM Stock Talk' catagory. I would hate to follow their example. Plus, being new, I would bow to members that have been here and seen the situation that might have caused a 'quick trigger' response to new members.

I would think banning proxies would be a good idea generally, at least in theory. But that is totally a SB decision and not anything I would want to influence more than I might already have. Your forum, I respect your forum and any rules you have in place or will put in place.

I realize it may have appeared I was calling out the senior member that who seemed to want their options to decline in value so the company can save a buck on the buyback. It needed to be clarified. For me, pure long options would be the worst position if you wanted the company to save a buck. I'd be lying if I also did not want to get a feel for their skill level for playing in the pits. Its not for everyone, and the member offered up a clarification to their 'strategy'.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I'd need to know who you think the offenders are and what their name are.

Its easy to deduce. Its also easy to ban proxies if necessary.

Enthusiast
    01-04-2015, 04:37 PM #47
    $4.12 eoy

Head Honcho
    01-04-2015, 05:25 PM #48
    There's a whole host of names created just to play games over the past few months. Not worth looking into they'll easily make others.
    I think its worth looking into. I just found 2 offenders in under 5 minutes and its really easy for me for me to shut down future attempts and ban people permanently if necessary. We have systems in place that make it an easy job -- for the record, its not about IP's -- there are other methods of detection.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-04-2015, 08:07 PM #49
    Hostile and intolerant, great combination. I think I'll do just fine with you on ignore.

"Sirius_Stagnation"

Making a name like that to razz at the people in here who are frustrated with the share price probably doesn't help anyone to think that this brand new person coming in and asking questions is doing so from an honest standpoint of wanting to understand someone's strategy. Playing dumb after the fact makes you look childish. That name was not chosen for any other reason.

It's clear you were not interested in understanding the strategy or clarification as once it was clarified that :

"You're mixing what I "want" and what I "expect." I want the share price to go to a penny. I expect it will not."

You responded with :

"The conflicting statements allows you to talk out both sides of your mouth and claim success in any eventuality. "

Yet I gave a share price prediction as requested by DM for the friendly contest of $4 +/- 3%. When an exact price was needed I chose $4.18.

You are making a poor attempt at trying to paint me as leaving myself open to victory in all cases. If the share price falls to $1 I certainly won't be victorious. I will be broke. But I acknowledge that this would actually be best for a long term share holder during the buyback.

You've also not offered anything as to what you believe may happen, what is best, where the share price will go, etc. You made a "Sirius_Stagnation" name and targeted me, didn't listen to my answer (or planned to be a dick about it ahead of time, which is my assumption), and went along with your own agenda.

If this is incorrect then offer something constructive. Perhaps make a different account with a non-inflammatory name to post under? And crawl out of my ass... m'kay?

Regarding who I think it is, Charles, I'd assume it's one of the clowns from Midas' chat room or Midas. Wayyy back when I started writing I was contacted by this Midas character on Seeking Alpha SEVENTY THREE times despite telling him I did not wish to be a part of the things people had warned me about over and over and over again. Members of his chat would make brand new seeking alpha names to post stupid crap on my articles... and they'd use inflammatory names like sirishortseller. I also got phone calls telling me Brandon was going to screw me, leave Brandon's site, etc (never gave out my phone number but it's easy enough to get). Midas said it was "not him." This stopped once I gave Midas my email (well, a junk email I set up to placate him) and left Brandon's site. Started up again when I would not join his chat despite repeated requests. Once I joined the chat a few times it stopped. Go figure...

He cut and pasted a comment I made in Brandon's chat regarding an article Spencer wrote where I said I found it funny Spencer and I both wrote about the same thing... but the out of context made it look like I was accusing Spencer of copying me (which anyone would know given the turn around time at SA would not have been possible). This was before I had contact with Spencer and I had to do damage control on this after and explain there was other text surrounding that comment.

This type of nonsense, at least in my experience, is always tied into "Midas." I don't understand what it is with that little crowd over there in that chat ... but I guess it has something to do with Brandon? Dunno... always a bunch of fake / inflammatory names, little pokes at people or whatever.

I'm sure he'll come in and say "whatttt... it wasn't meeee... he's making up all that stufff...."

01-04-2015, 08:52 PM #50
    I have Faulkner on ignore but unfortunately when someone quotes him, I can see his quoted comment. I find it interesting how you are falling completely apart. Don't you think you are over reacting a little bit? As I've stated earlier, I post under one name in Sirius Buzz and it's midas360.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Page 5 of 54 ... 3456715 ...