Page 3 of 3 123
    11-03-2008, 06:39 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    HOMER

If you read the actual lawsuit...Michael is the only one named as plaintiff in the papers as suing...not the other 500 mentioned in his press release.
    SiriusHope, this is not a new lawsuit... this is Hartleib's lawsuit that he filed 3 months ago.

Since he filed it, he's since been beating the drum looking for others to join his fight -- in what I believe is an obvious attempt to get others to foot the bill of HIS lawsuit. I've speculated for some time that his latest move was just a continuation of his previous litigation/challenges to Sirius (which he had the nerve to claim he never did on this very site.) But as you can now see with today's press release, that's exactly what this is -- and it's got his name plastered all over it, with him giving his usual conspiracy theories.

That doesn't mean that the "list" of other shareholders can't get added to the suit -- they very well can be. But I don't believe that Hartleib will allow them to be added until they "pay up" to help "defray the costs". And even if they don't pay to join, any name that is added to the lawsuit needs to be careful. With the loose cannon that is Michael Hartleib as the head of this group, he could very much subject the group to a countersuit for defamation, due to what I believe is libelous claims made by him.

-----

Banned
    11-04-2008, 01:53 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    And FWIW, I wish the best of luck to those of you joining Hartleib -- not Hartleib himself -- but those of you who are joining him. I hope you've shielded yourself from the possible countersuits.

Reading his complaint only confirmed my suspicions about him that I've discussed at length... he is only furthering his agenda that he has had for a couple years now. But now he's suckering in you guys to help foot the bill, playing off your emotions of a depressed stock price. Emotions need to be checked at the door when it comes to the stock market.

Ask yourself this... if Karmazin did do what Hartleib claims, taking the company private at a cheap price -- do you really believe that there wouldn't be a slew of lawsuits? Of course there would. Or do you believe that there wouldn't be a bunch of lawsuits if any of the accusations that Hartleib made came true? Of course there would. So why then would you rush out to join Hartleib now, being a party to potentially libelous statements and putting yourselves in a position for a countersuit?

If any of what Hartleib alleges is true, then there will be lawsuits out the wazzoo that all shareholders could be a party to -- and not have to worry about reprecussions -- due to a disgruntled shareholder with an ax to grind against the company. I have no problem sitting on the sidelines watching you guys take the bullet. If it's true, I'll have no problem joining one of the OTHER numerous lawsuits that would be filed -- but I trully believe that that won't happen. So for now, best of luck to you... I hope you're protected.

---------

IMO, you nailed it Homer. I agree 100%. This lawsuit presents nothing new from the previous efforts with the FCC and DOJ. The accusations are slanderous at best at this point. Unless he has direct evidence, he will be hit with a countersuit for his libelous statements. And they are making it a point to state that they are not suing Sirius, but only the BOD. Do they think that they will all be made whole by suing the BOD? He is feeding off of emotions at this point, and people are falling for it.

11-04-2008, 10:41 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jmm232 View Post
    And they are making it a point to state that they are not suing Sirius, but only the BOD. Do they think that they will all be made whole by suing the BOD? He is feeding off of emotions at this point, and people are falling for it.
    I believe that it also makes it an even more of a personal agenda that he is suing the BOD/Management and not the company. That speaks volumes and could help in a countersuit.

I also noted that he named most of XM's former Board members and senior management in the suit... even naming Randall Mays, of all people! Who's he? He's the President and CFO for Clear Channel -- and a one-time XM Board member, until his ouster from their Board 3 or 4 years ago.

Really? Suing Clear Channel too? This amounts to nothing more than a hail mary, to me. The number of defendents is scattered all over the place and makes this group all the more susceptible to a countersuit. Randy Mays and CCU has no love for XM's people or their management (recall their lawsuit against XM, forcing XM to continue the business arrangement)... Randy has little to lose in this, so he'd be one to watch for a countersuit for defamation. These are serious accusations against such a tertiary player. Wow I'm glad I'm no where near this group.

As I said, if there were any bit of truth to any of his claims -- the lawsuits will be flying like crazy, with plenty of time for me to attach to one. I'm just as happy sitting back and watching Hartleib bite the bullet with this.

Randy Mays? Man, that one kills me... LOL...

------

11-04-2008, 11:33 AM #24
    Want more evidence of this slippery slope that Hartleib has created for those of you in his group? Read the headline in this article...

http://www.mediapost.com/publication...&art_aid=94039

Pretty much all this news outlet did was base the article on the press release put out by Hartleib. Nevermind that the article didn't note that the lawsuit only names Hartleib at this point in time, or that the lawsuit was filed 3 months ago... the headline that Hartleib created is what I'm talking about.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a personal attack on Karmazin by him and his group... and I believe, libelous.

-------

Mentor
    11-04-2008, 11:19 PM #25
    SiriusHope, SiriusXMInvestor, or Michael, or anyone else in the group:

Answer me a SINGLE question, and I will join in the movement and make a donation tonight:

Can you provid a single shred of proof of ANY of your claims, other than circumstantial evidence?

Do not answer the low stock price, or the fact that financing was not arranged when the merger closed. Give me a single peice of non-circumstantial evidence. JUST ONE.

I will anxiously await your response or even a private message... but I will not hold my breath.

Page 3 of 3 123