Page 13 of 20 ... 31112131415 ...
    Guru
    10-23-2008, 09:13 AM #121
    "We are very confident of taking care of the [$270] million in February, and we are confident the banks will extend the maturity in May," says David J. Frear, chief financial officer for Sirius.

I don't read any hidden message here. It sounds clear that everything is fine, will be fine and we don't need splits or dilution or nothing. Just prove it and the price goes up. Despite everything in the news this makes me want to buy, I just hope I don't find money laying around somewhere

Mentor
    10-23-2008, 09:41 AM #122
    Did you see them slide those trades in at .27 and .29?

Crazy manipulation...

10-23-2008, 10:17 AM #123
    now what? .27

Mentor
    10-23-2008, 10:38 AM #124
    I just bought another big chunk of SIRI at .27 - it might go lower, but it's way oversold......

My last buy was at .38 and I thought that was cheap.......

I still have some powder left........

Enthusiast
    10-23-2008, 10:43 AM #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    I just bought another big chunk of SIRI at .27 - it might go lower, but it's way oversold......

My last buy was at .38 and I thought that was cheap.......

I still have some powder left........
    I also just bought some more @ .277. I lost so much that I am past the point of pain.

I believe that this is either a final shake out or a death spiral.

Keysmark

Mentor
    10-23-2008, 10:43 AM #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Did you see them slide those trades in at .27 and .29?

Crazy manipulation...
    It was like a signal of some sort from a manipulator to others saying,"Yea, I'm gonna sell down here because I know I can buy back at that price, after we drive it down there." And isn't it funny how it's finding support at .27 now.....mmmmmm?
    Last edited by Demian; 10-23-2008 at 10:45 AM.

10-23-2008, 11:04 AM #127
    Thought so just needed a little hand holding.

thanks guys

Mentor
    10-23-2008, 11:12 AM #128
    http://industry.bnet.com/technology/...-xm-debt-more/

Tech Roundup: Tata Says Hello US, Arista Gets Heavy Hitters, Sirius XM Debt, More
    By Erik Sherman

October 23rd, 2008 @ 6:53 am

"…and all the Sirius XM investors at sea– Early gossip mogul Walter Winchell used the catchphrase “Mr. and Mrs. American and all the ships at sea” in his radio commentaries. On the radio front, it’s currently Sirius XM Radio investors who are at sea. Stock has gone from just under $4 in December to just over 30 cents recently. There’s a billion dollars of debt that comes due next year in a market in which banks don’t even like lending to each other. Maybe the company’s catchphrase should be spelled in three letters: S, O, S."

Mentor
    10-23-2008, 11:18 AM #129
    http://blogcritics.org/archives/2008/10/23/093336.php

"Sirius/XM satellite radio will also be provided encoders for measurement. Although the encoders are free for radio broadcasters, only Arbitron subscribers can use the ratings results for sales or marketing."

Portable People Meter Part Two: Arbitron Encoders and Survey Panel Selection
    Written by Radio Coach Sam Weaver
    Published October 23, 2008

This is the second installment on the revolutionary electronic measurement method that will change revenues for radio and advertising agencies forever.

The Encoder

To be electronically measured for ratings, radio stations (both Arbitron subscribers and non-subscribers) are eligible to receive free encoders that send out continuous silent audio signals. The Portable People Meters are worn by survey panelists and detect the transmitted inaudible codes. A Radio Broadcast Company has to inform Arbitron on the number of stations owned.

There will be two encoders sent to each station. One will be activated and placed in the transmitter rack; the other serves as a backup. For individual recognition, each station gets an ID code, which is transmitted within the silent audio signal. Upon request, separate encoders will be sent to stations wishing to separately market other forms of digital audio, such as Internet, podcasts, or HD stations. Sirius/XM satellite radio will also be provided encoders for measurement. Although the encoders are free for radio broadcasters, only Arbitron subscribers can use the ratings results for sales or marketing.

Survey Panel Selection

The methodology for selection is the same as for Arbitron's paper diary markets: households are randomly chosen to serve on Portable People Meter panels, with family members referred to as panelists. The socio-demographic composition, age, sex, and race, determine the number of panelists for the sample size of a market. Arbitron uses information provided by the U.S Census Bureau for electronic measurement. Panels are built through the use of zip codes with listed landline phone numbers and cell phone-only households.

(An exception is Houston, where there is also door to door canvassing included in the process. About one third of the entire market panel is chosen in this fashion. There are no current plans to incorporate the same procedure in any other Portable People Meter markets.)

In search of panelists, Arbitron uses an automated system to contact landline households. The automation has a built-in formula to reach unlisted numbers. Since using automation/autodialers to contact cell phones is illegal, Arbitron applies a “brute force” method to find cell phone-only (CPO) households. This means pulling a sample of cell phone numbers, and calling in an attempt to reach someone. When a person answers, the caller asks whether he or she has a landline. If they do not, it is a cell phone-only household, and can later go through the PPM process for possible selection to a panel. However, a more efficient method for finding CPO households is on the horizon for diaries and the Portable People Meter (PPM).

Arbitron's Ed Cohen, Ph.D., Vice President of Research Policy and Communication, says:

“It’s pretty simple. We’ll use an address frame (as we used in Houston PPM). From that, we pull a sample and match as many addresses as possible to landline phone numbers. These addresses are removed. The remainder is sent a short survey with some upfront cash and the promise of more for completing the survey. Those that are CPO become the sample pools. Language is included in the questionnaire that allows us to be in compliance with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991 (use of autodialers to call known cell phones).

“That’s how we will put CPO into the diary service. We are going to test the same system for PPM and transition PPM CPO to that system assuming no problems.”

Panelists can serve from six months up to two years, and are provided cash and other incentives to participate. Much like in airline mileage programs, points are awarded if certain compliance requirements are met or exceeded. New households are transitioned to replace those phased out or dropped from the panel.

The next series installment will address the meter, panelists' instructions, motion, and listening.

Enthusiast
    10-23-2008, 11:33 AM #130
    Bought 1600 shares at .29. for $464.00 Rounding up my position to 10k shares. Reduced cost average to $2.57. Whoo Hoo! Roll them bones. What's another $464.00? Chasing good money after bad or a brilliant move.

Page 13 of 20 ... 31112131415 ...