Like most, I have a love/hate relationship with SXM. But today marks the end of the line with SXM after 16 years of service. All I wanted to do was transfer my SXM subscription from my old car to my new car. After three hours of effort on Sunday, I had no SXM in my new car and there's no tech support at SXM on Sundays. So, I tried again Monday - three times. None of the techs could figure out how to move my subscription and enable the receiver in my new car. I can play Channel 001 to my heart's content. But SXM never did get the "paid" signal to stream in my new car, so we cancelled all our SXM devices and closed the account.

The upshot is that we'll save a few bucks a month, so we're OK with this development. Like most SXM subscribers, we're finding other outlets and at lower cost than SXM for the content we seek.

Anyone else been down this path? And who are these "techs" that SXM is hiring? Do they know anything at all? This has truly been a disappointing experience. If I hear that SXM has improved its support and troubleshooting department at some future point, we may try again. But for now, it's best for us to walk away until SXM grows up a bit.