03-30-2022, 12:29 PM #1

SiriusXM long term, approx 20 years, customer cancelling

Just cancelled the service. Got tired and frustrated of dealing with the customer care service for renewal in the Philippines. usually i could get them to transfer me to a rep in Canada but not this time. Ended up with a retentions rep in the Philippines. There are at times language issues. They do not listen and they do not always do what they say they will do though this could be part of the language challenge at times.

In previous years when I could get transferred somewhere else I could get things done in usually 10 minutes. Took an hour+ just to cancel my account - unbelievable. It is beyond annoying when customer reps try to close you and do not listen to you.

Regardless, this year I was beyond frustrated. I do not like the process of giving credit card info over the phone to an unknown individual in a third world country - I do not see how this could be defendable should a fraud event occur.

Lastly SiriusXM seems to have totally isolated themselves from their customers. There is no place I can find to voice a concern to the Toronto office. If their customer base is declining - enough said. Too bad as I liked this radio service.

03-30-2022, 10:59 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by dbw1 View Post
    Just cancelled the service. Got tired and frustrated of dealing with the customer care service for renewal in the Philippines. usually i could get them to transfer me to a rep in Canada but not this time. Ended up with a retentions rep in the Philippines. There are at times language issues. They do not listen and they do not always do what they say they will do though this could be part of the language challenge at times.

In previous years when I could get transferred somewhere else I could get things done in usually 10 minutes. Took an hour+ just to cancel my account - unbelievable. It is beyond annoying when customer reps try to close you and do not listen to you.

Regardless, this year I was beyond frustrated. I do not like the process of giving credit card info over the phone to an unknown individual in a third world country - I do not see how this could be defendable should a fraud event occur.

Lastly SiriusXM seems to have totally isolated themselves from their customers. There is no place I can find to voice a concern to the Toronto office. If their customer base is declining - enough said. Too bad as I liked this radio service.
    --------------------------------------

Add to post:

Late this afternoon I received a call from a retentions department here in Canada. In 15 minutes of friendly conversation everything was resolved & i was offered an excellent price for a years subscription which I accepted by a very pleasant individual .Totally different experience from the overseas call center.

07-11-2022, 04:32 PM #3
    I had to cancel, too, after 16 years of service. My situation was so simple. I bought a car 16 years ago and I subscribed to SXM. I bought a new car last week and attempted to transfer the subscription. After working on it for three hours Sunday and another two hours on Monday, none of the SXM techs could figure out how to transfer the account and light up the receiver in my new car. I can play Channel 001 to my heart's content, but none of the techs ever did figure out how to get the "paid" signal to my new car. The only option left was to cancel...or buy another new car. I opted for canceling as I ordered the car and waited three months for it to be built and delivered. I feel your pain.