03-30-2022, 11:45 AM #1

Lifetime Subscription Transfer?

Hi Everyone
    Thanks for reading this. I have 2 old receivers, both Skyfi Delphi XM. Maybe the first version. One is new and not active. The other is old, used with a lifetime subscription. The used one has finally died as the power switch is not able to turn it on. I tried to clean the terminals but still dead.
    Here is the question…
    Can I somehow move a piece of the old receiver with the subscription piece to the new receiver to keep this subscription going?

Another way to ask, I dont know what internal parts of the receiver do, so any schematics of the inside would help. Im worried that this isnt easy as it looks like one connected circuit board which may be hard to chop up.
    Scott
    Last edited by Sah; 03-30-2022 at 11:48 AM.

Head Honcho
    03-31-2022, 12:22 AM #2
    I have no idea about physically moving parts from one physical unit to another but, you should be able to call and request that the lifetime subscription be transferred because of a hardware failure.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-31-2022, 12:55 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I have no idea about physically moving parts from one physical unit to another but, you should be able to call and request that the lifetime subscription be transferred because of a hardware failure.
    Thanks Charles. I tried that but the subscription was made over 20 years ago. XM and I have no paper record of the transaction. When i called in my unit number, they apparently cant see it. So, their answer was no, it cannot be transferred.

08-07-2022, 11:02 AM #4
    I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if the remote can power on the radio? If it's just the power button at fault the remote might work.

11-11-2023, 04:25 PM #5
    Is lifetime still able to be gotten ?

11-11-2023, 10:17 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by John Starace View Post
    Is lifetime still able to be gotten ?
    No, not since 2005-06. I lucked out and found a radio with lifetime subscription on eBay.