02-01-2022, 10:35 AM #1

How is the constant music repetition these days?

Been a subscriber since XM Radio was in existence.

The worst thing about Sirius taking over XM was that their philosophy was aligned with AM and FM radio where only short playlists would exist on all their channels which meant that the same few songs would be played over and over again.

This kind of issue has plagued the decades' channels since day one. The same approx. 200 songs get played over and over again on a daily basis. You begin to realize this if you listen to a single channel for an extended period of time.

There have been complaints across the Internet for years about the manner in which SiriusXM programs its channels. It's a wonder they even have music programmers on the payroll as there is just no thought put into music rotation.

I did hear that perhaps as of recently, SiriusXM actually has finally introduced less-familiar music into their daily programming. It may have only happened on their new 60s Gold channel. The change was so radical, in fact, that I am hearing they received complaints from people that only wanted the Top hits to be played...

...so obviously, no matter what you do, nobody is happy.

However, I still hear the same tired playlist on the 70s channel from a decade or more ago. Same songs every day.

What are your thoughts on this subject?

02-01-2022, 06:12 PM #2
    The 50s, 60s, 80s and 90s channels are good but I agree that the 70s channel is very repetitious. I swear they play the same Elton John, Bee Gees and Eagles songs every hour.