12-20-2021, 03:11 PM #1

Sirius doesn't exactly value its long-time customers

Been a SiriusXM subscriber since 2005 (I believe it was called XM Radio back then). I spoke to an agent about adding a new account for a family member to use on a home kit. The agent refused to honor the $5.99/mo/one year offer advertised, instead offering an $8.99/mo deal. The agent wouldn't budge. I cancelled my subscription, and I'm returning the home receiver today to Best Buy. I don't listen to talk radio anyway, so cuing up playlists on Spotify will do just fine. Point is, Sirius shouldn't be advertising a deal that they refuse to honor.

12-21-2021, 12:12 AM #2
    I believe the $5.99 rate is for new customers only. If you already have an account and want to add a second radio, the rates start at $10.99 a month. So the $8.99 offer was a good deal.

07-11-2022, 04:41 PM #3
    You're darn right they don't value us old-timers. You got into XM in '05. I got into XM in '06 when I bought a new car. Now it's 2022 and have a new car, and I wanted to transfer my SXM to the new car. I worked on it for three hours on Sunday with no tech support available and then another two hours on Monday. I spoke with a total of four techs and none of them could figure out how to transfer my subscription and light up my new car's receiver. With no other options before us, I cancelled all our devices and closed our SXM account. So, where is SXM getting these "techs" who evidently know nothing about the service they're attempting to support? I was truly embarrassed for these poor blokes who had no clue how to solve my simple problem.