11-18-2021, 01:35 PM #1

Metropolitan Opera Channel No Longer Available ?

I took advantage of the 3 Month Free Trial, during which I enjoyed Channel 355,
    the Metropolitan Opera Channel. When I went to subscribe, I saw a foot note
    that the Met is now ONLY available on-line.

Since I listen to that Channel exclusively while driving, I was shocked to see
    this.

IS IT TRUE ?????

What could possibly cause Sirius to drop that Channel ??

Needless to say, I will not be subscribing to Sirius if I cannot listen to the MET
    while driving.

Any comments ...

Richard S.

Legend
    11-18-2021, 05:51 PM #2
    Metropolitan Opera Radio moved from channel 78 to streaming channel 355 in December 2020. SiriusXM now has 88 channels that are available only online and on the SiriusXM app and connected devices. Among them are many channels that used to be part of the regular satellite lineup, including these:

303 – Venus
    330 – Silk
    341 – Utopia
    708 – Love
    710 – The Loft
    722 – The Joint
    741 – The Village
    750 – Cinemagic

Classicalradio.com has an opera channel that I'm certain you will like. It's an online channel – but, unlike SiriusXM, it is free. You can listen on your cellphone while you're driving.

https://www.classicalradio.com/operas

11-18-2021, 06:29 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    Metropolitan Opera Radio moved from channel 78 to streaming channel 355 in December 2020. SiriusXM now has 88 channels that are available only online and on the SiriusXM app and connected devices. Among them are many channels that used to be part of the regular satellite lineup, including these:

303 – Venus
    330 – Silk
    341 – Utopia
    708 – Love
    710 – The Loft
    722 – The Joint
    741 – The Village
    750 – Cinemagic

Classicalradio.com has an opera channel that I'm certain you will like. It's an online channel – but, unlike SiriusXM, it is free. You can listen on your cellphone while you're driving.

https://www.classicalradio.com/operas
    I am aware of the switch in Channel Numbers, it happened with NO notification and caused
    me some consternation until I called Sirius.

As for Classical Radio, They do not have access to the old Met Saturday Afternoon broadcast
    recordings. That is the primary reason I listen (or did listen) to the MET Channel.

Now, as to the question I posted ... has Sirius deleted the Metropolitan Opera Channel ??
    from its Satellite feed ??

Richard S.

Legend
    11-19-2021, 01:31 AM #4
    Yes. As of December 3, 2020, the channel is online only. Here is the announcement about the change – and, as you will see from the coimments, nobody was happy:

https://m.facebook.com/MetOpera/phot...4611227140533/

11-19-2021, 12:07 PM #5
    I know about the change in Channel assignments. I had no issue with that.

I was receiving the MET on Channel 355 during my 3 month trial up until
    02 NOV 2021. It was only when I went to subscribe that I saw the MET
    Channel was On-Line only.

Thanks for all the replies, but I have yet to receive a definitive answer to my
    original question. I guess I could just subscribe and see for myself and cancel
    the service if it is true.