Page 9 of 15 ... 7891011 ...
    Guru
    01-06-2022, 09:05 PM #81
    Still waiting.

Legend
    01-10-2022, 05:19 PM #82
    You know what would be funny? Funny, in a sad kind of way? If, in the 2022 midterms and the 2024 Presidential election, millions of Retrumplicans who believe Donald Trump's Big Lie about a "rigged" and "stolen" election and "widespread voter fraud" don't even bother to vote.

GOP push for hand-counting paper ballots is latest effort to cast doubt on elections
    CNN, Jan 10 2022 12:07 PM ET

After more than a year of baselessly questioning the results of the 2020 election, some Republicans are casting doubt on how ballots are counted, part of a broader movement inspired by former President Donald Trump's lies about election fraud that is undermining confidence in America's vote. In at least three states – Utah, New Hampshire and Texas -- Republicans have pushed for banning traditional ballot scanning machines in favor of hand-counting paper ballots, an antiquated process that experts fear could inject error into an election system where very little has been found. Critics also worry that the inevitable delay in results from hand counting would be an opportunity for those looking to sow doubt about the outcome of future contests.

Republicans have already seized on Trump's unfounded claims to launch partisan audits and enact restrictive voting laws ahead of this year's midterms. And now they're targeting the tabulation of votes by suggesting, without evidence, that there's a problem -- even in places where Trump or down-ballot Republicans won in 2020.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/10/polit...ots/index.html

Guru
    01-10-2022, 07:35 PM #83
    Rewind....should people be required to show identification to vote? I will wait.

01-10-2022, 09:41 PM #84
    People already have to show ID to vote. I think the Republicans want voters to show a photo ID and not everyone has a photo ID.

Guru
    01-11-2022, 02:30 PM #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Listener View Post
    People already have to show ID to vote. I think the Republicans want voters to show a photo ID and not everyone has a photo ID.
    Actually based on my experienced that is not true or only may be somewhat true. Here in the ultra liberal state of MA....I have many times voted and not had to show identification. Literally walk in and I am asked by the person in charge what is my address? I tell him/her they then scan down their paperwork, they then ask me my name, I tell them my name and then they check it off with a pen and hand me my ballot. Not a very secure way to do it if you ask me.

This day in age everyone should be required to present a photo id. As to your point that not everyone has a photo id...i would argue that number is de minimis. We require photo id to for just about everything in this country. Want to rent an apartment? Need photo id. Want to buy liquor, Show photo id. Want to get on a plane and travel to Florida? show a photo id. Want a loan from a bank? show photo id. Open a bank account? show photo id. Want to buy cigarettes show photo id. Want to apply for welfare? Need photo id. Want food stamps? Need photo id. I could go on and on and on...but hopefully you get the point. Why should the integrity of voting be any different????

Guru
    01-11-2022, 02:35 PM #86
    For you Rewind: https://www.dailywire.com/news/its-h...g-trump-voters

"I constantly say it, you can hate Trump. You can’t hate all the people who like him — it’s half the country. And you can’t set yourself up as some sort of superior moral paragon, because this is your political belief, and somebody else has another one." ~ Bill Maher

P.s. Bill Maher...not exactly a conservative.
    Last edited by dm_4; 01-11-2022 at 04:14 PM.

Legend
    01-13-2022, 08:17 PM #87
    This one sentence tells you everything you need to know: "Republicans are unified in opposition." Retrumplicans do not believe in "voting rights" for anyone who is not a Retrumplican. They're doing everything they can to make voting much more difficult for minorities, native Americans, the elderly and the handicapped.

US voting-rights bill passes in the House but Senate prospects remain unclear

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ear/ar-AASKpYJ

Guru
    01-13-2022, 10:06 PM #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    This one sentence tells you everything you need to know: "Republicans are unified in opposition." Retrumplicans do not believe in "voting rights" for anyone who is not a Retrumplican. They're doing everything they can to make voting much more difficult for minorities, native Americans, the elderly and the handicapped.

US voting-rights bill passes in the House but Senate prospects remain unclear

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ear/ar-AASKpYJ
    Keep living in your safe space. Think twice next time before you shoot your big mouth off coward.

Guru
    01-13-2022, 10:25 PM #89

Legend
    01-18-2022, 02:33 AM #90
    Today, January 17, 2022 – a day in which we honor the Reverend Martin Luther King Jr. and the day in which Martin Luther King III implored the Senate to pass voting-rights legislation – Kevin McCarthy has a dream. He dreams of a United States where blacks, Asians, Latinos, Muslims, native Americans, the elderly and the handicapped are prevented from casting a ballot and Retrumplicans are able to rig every election and throw out any results they disagree with.

'Dude, you voted no on all voting rights bills': Kevin McCarthy criticized for MLK Day tweet

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...eet/ar-AASSn1n

Page 9 of 15 ... 7891011 ...