05-23-2021, 01:04 PM #1

Offline and podcast downloads

On the app, there is an option to download podcasts such as "Hidden Brain." I have downloaded several to listen to offline where I don't have service and save on data usage. However, when I try to listen to them, the app stops playing after a few minutes.

I called Sirius XM and spoke with a technical representative who told me that the app doesn't work offline. If that is the case, what is the point of being able to download podcasts? Why have the option at all?

Head Honcho
    05-23-2021, 10:29 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by wjlabarre View Post
    If that is the case, what is the point of being able to download podcasts? Why have the option at all?
    Because you can download the podcast on wifi and then listen when you're mobile without using the data on your 3/4/5G plan.

I don't disagree with your point, I'm just telling you their line of thinking.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-27-2021, 08:18 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Because you can download the podcast on wifi and then listen when you're mobile without using the data on your 3/4/5G plan.

I don't disagree with your point, I'm just telling you their line of thinking.
    The point of the post was that I was not ABLE to listen when not connected.

Head Honcho
    05-28-2021, 12:26 PM #4
    Right, like I said in my previous point, I don't disagree with your point.

I was simply answering your question...

Quote Originally Posted by wjlabarre View Post
    If that is the case, what is the point of being able to download podcasts? Why have the option at all?
    I am telling you why they have the option.

You can download the podcast on wifi and then listen when you're mobile without using the data on your 3/4/5G plan.

Yes, you need to have service to connect but, you won't use your mobile data to stream the show. Hence the data savings.

Again, I know that isn't what you want, I am just telling you why they have the option.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder