Page 5 of 7 ... 34567
Results 41 to 50 of 69
  1. dm_4 is offline
    Guru
    dm_4's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Location: Boston, Ma Posts: 3,009
    01-06-2022, 08:53 PM #41
    The popular vote has nothing to do with it...if it did Hillabeast would have been prez. Why would he Trump win? Apparently you have not seen Sleepy Joe's poll numbers. He ran as a moderate democRAT but is ruling as a progressive. There is a lot of buyers remorse out there. Trump in a landslide! Let's run it back....I hope it happens.

    By the way....can you provide any credible source such as FBI or DOJ reports that agrees with belief that Trump incited the riot? I will wait.
    Last edited by dm_4; 01-06-2022 at 09:03 PM.

  2. Rewind is offline
    Legend
    Rewind's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2017 Location: Glendale Posts: 10,431
    01-08-2022, 09:15 PM #42
    The 14th Amendment to the Constitution granted full citizenship to freed slaves. It was ratified on July 9, 1868 and was supported by 94% of Congressional Republicans. Section 3 bars from public office any American who has "engaged in insurrection or rebellion" against the United States or "given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof."

    Democrats quietly consider using 14th Amendment to prevent Trump from running for office in 2024
    A post-Civil War clause bars anyone who engaged in "insurrection or rebellion" against the US from seeking office.

    https://www.salon.com/2022/01/07/dem...ffice-in-2024/

  3. dm_4 is offline
    Guru
    dm_4's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Location: Boston, Ma Posts: 3,009
    01-10-2022, 07:44 PM #43
    Seeing there was no insurrection that wont happen....so there's that. Prove me wrong. I will wait.

  4. Rewind is offline
    Legend
    Rewind's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2017 Location: Glendale Posts: 10,431
    01-16-2022, 03:58 PM #44
    Can Donald Trump, who incited a deadly riot, be kept off the Presidential ballot by the 14th Amendment? The decision may ultimately be decided by the Supreme Court. Unfortunately, Trump stacked the Court with pro-Trump Justices.

    Reconstruction-era law could keep Trump off Presidential ballot In 6 Southern states
    The language letting them back into the Union required them to enforce the 14th Amendment's ban on insurrectionists in federal or state office.

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0e612f6f9b630

  5. dm_4 is offline
    Guru
    dm_4's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Location: Boston, Ma Posts: 3,009
    01-16-2022, 06:30 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    Can Donald Trump, who incited a deadly riot, be kept off the Presidential ballot by the 14th Amendment? The decision may ultimately be decided by the Supreme Court. Unfortunately, Trump stacked the Court with pro-Trump Justices.

    Reconstruction-era law could keep Trump off Presidential ballot In 6 Southern states
    The language letting them back into the Union required them to enforce the 14th Amendment's ban on insurrectionists in federal or state office.

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0e612f6f9b630
    Please provide credible proof that Trump incited a deadly riot and was formally charged and convicted of such deadly riot. I will wait.

  6. Rewind is offline
    Legend
    Rewind's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2017 Location: Glendale Posts: 10,431
    01-17-2022, 03:52 PM #46
    "How dare anyone in the Republican party refuse to bow to me and worship me and kiss my ring! I am the Emperor! Off with his head!"

    Trump is reportedly very nervous about one potential 2024 Republican rival
    The former President is angry that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis hasn't deferred to him.

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b03874b2d9a47a

  7. dm_4 is offline
    Guru
    dm_4's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Location: Boston, Ma Posts: 3,009
    01-17-2022, 08:28 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    "How dare anyone in the Republican party refuse to bow to me and worship me and kiss my ring! I am the Emperor! Off with his head!"

    Trump is reportedly very nervous about one potential 2024 Republican rival
    The former President is angry that Florida Governor Ron DeSantis hasn't deferred to him.

    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b03874b2d9a47a
    Seem's the only one that is nervous is you Rewind. The election is like 2.5 years away. Your focus should be on the achievements of the current administration or rather the lack of. The real problem is that there are so many failures with Biden and still so much more time for a shit load more lol. Am I wrong?

  8. Rewind is offline
    Legend
    Rewind's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2017 Location: Glendale Posts: 10,431
    01-17-2022, 09:09 PM #48
    No, you're not wrong. Biden can't get much done when all the Retrumplicans and two Democrats (Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin) are opposed to everything he wants to do, including passing voting-rights legislation, enacting the Build Back Better plan and creating a path to citizenship for DACA recipients.

    In his inaugural address, Biden declared, "Each of us has a duty and responsibility as Americans, as citizens and especially as leaders – leaders who have pledged to honor our Constitution and protect our nation – to defend the truth and defeat the lies." One year later, Retrumplicans are continuing to do what they did while Trump was in office: dishonor our Constitution, harm our nation, defend Donald Trump and spread his lies.

  9. dm_4 is offline
    Guru
    dm_4's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Location: Boston, Ma Posts: 3,009
    01-18-2022, 11:21 AM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    No, you're not wrong. Biden can't get much done when all the Retrumplicans and two Democrats (Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin) are opposed to everything he wants to do, including passing voting-rights legislation, enacting the Build Back Better plan and creating a path to citizenship for DACA recipients.

    In his inaugural address, Biden declared, "Each of us has a duty and responsibility as Americans, as citizens and especially as leaders – leaders who have pledged to honor our Constitution and protect our nation – to defend the truth and defeat the lies." One year later, Retrumplicans are continuing to do what they did while Trump was in office: dishonor our Constitution, harm our nation, defend Donald Trump and spread his lies.
    Speaking of his inaugural address, he mentioned the words unite/unity no less than a half dozen times. Ironically he has done the exact opposite. The great divider in Chief he has become.

    Remember when the Dems were against everything Trump was for? Fun times huh? Well turn around is now fair play. As far Manchin and Sinema they are moderate democrats hence why they are against the far left progressive initiatives. Biden is in a no win situation...he ran as a moderate democrat but has embraced the woke left/progressives. Many moderate democrats are now leaning to becoming independent/republican as they feel as the democratic party has moved way to far away from them. You may want to consider the same.

    As far as voting legislation is concerned, you do realize that 75% of Americans favor Voter id laws! 70% of Blacks favor it as well. Yet Biden and the far left still want to pass new voting legislation? Makes no sense.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/75-of...tegrity-debate

    I will ask a third time....Do you believe that people should show photo id when voting?
    Last edited by dm_4; 01-18-2022 at 11:27 AM.

  10. dm_4 is offline
    Guru
    dm_4's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2012 Location: Boston, Ma Posts: 3,009
    01-18-2022, 11:40 AM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    In March, 72% of Americans approved of President Biden's job performance. In a new ABC News/Ipsos poll released yesterday, his approval rating has sunk to 53%. A growing number of Americans are unhappy with his handling of the economy, COVID-19 and gun violence. Biden, who turned 79 last month, may choose to not run for re-election in 2024.

    Analysis: 11 Democrats who could replace Joe Biden in 2024

    https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/13/polit...den/index.html
    Update: His polling numbers are now in the 30's. Let's blame Trump! lmfao.

Page 5 of 7 ... 34567