Page 1 of 32 12311 ...
    Legend
    11-12-2020, 12:45 AM #1

The 2024 Presidential race

It took only a few weeks in 2016 for Trump to turn the Republican party into the Donald Trump party. It is now a cult and Trump is its leader. He rules the party with an iron grip. His blindly loyal supporters worship him almost as much as he worships himself. Trump is a racist, sexist, bigoted, self-serving white nationalist who lies constantly, cozies up to dictators, alienates our allies, denigrates our military, disrespects the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, spews insults and accusations and conspiracy theories, denounces climate change as a hoax, refuses to address our nation's gun violence and gives huge tax cuts to banks, big corporations and the wealthiest Americans (including himself) – and is likely to run for President again in 2024. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Trump endorses McDaniel to remain RNC chair, ponders 2024 run
    Reuters, Nov 11 2020 4:23 PM

President Donald Trump today endorsed Republican National Committee chair Ronna McDaniel to stay on in her position, in what one source said could be a prelude to Trump's announcing plans to run for President in 2024. Normally, a President who loses an election does not influence who the RNC picks as its next leader. Trump is contesting the results of the November 3 election that was won by Democrat Joe Biden.

"I am pleased to announce that I have given my full support and endorsement to Ronna McDaniel to continue heading the Republican National Committee. With 72 MILLION votes, we received more votes than any sitting President in US history – and we will win!" Trump said in a tweet. Biden won the race with more than 77 million votes.

A source familiar with internal discussions said Trump was telling allies he planned to run for President in 2024 and could announce it by the end of the year. The Constitution allows Presidents to serve two four-year terms and they do not have to be consecutive. A long list of Republicans are said to be considering a run for the 2024 Presidential election, including Trump's own Vice President, Mike Pence.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN27S01C

11-12-2020, 01:51 AM #2
    If Trump and Pence both run, I wonder who the Republicans will pick to be the nominee. They might wind up running on the same ticket again.

Legend
    11-12-2020, 06:11 PM #3
    Several investigations of Donald Trump and the Trump Organization are ongoing. Trump is facing potential civil charges and criminal charges for tax evasion, tax fraud, bank fraud, insurance fraud, hush-money payments and falsification of business records. He may not be able to run again in 2024. He might be in prison.

Analysis: Why Donald Trump is the clear front-runner for the 2024 nomination
    Chris Cillizza, CNN, Nov 12 2020 12:39 PM ET

President Donald Trump has yet to formally concede the 2020 presidential race but he's already planning to run again in four years' time. Both Axios and The Washington Post have reported in recent days that Trump is telling those close to him that he plans to run again in 2024. And his decision on Wednesday to publicly endorse Ronna McDaniel for another term as chairwoman of the Republican National Committee sends a clear message that the soon-to-be-ex-President has no plans to relinquish his death grip on the GOP solely because he lost the 2020 contest.

And here's the most frightening thing for rival Republicans with an eye on 2024: It's very hard to imagine anyone can keep Trump from the 2024 nomination if he wants it. Why? Because Trump is not just the dominant figure in the party (and among the party's base) right now. He is the only face of the party, the result of a four-year campaign designed to eradicate all dissenting voices from within the GOP.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/12/polit...ion/index.html

11-12-2020, 09:35 PM #4
    Biden said he would serve just one term but I think he will run for re-election in 2024 if Trump runs again.

Legend
    11-13-2020, 03:42 AM #5
    Mary Trump is a clinical psychologist and Donald Trump's niece. Her book, Too Much & Never Enough: How My Family Created The World's Most Dangerous Man, was released July 14 and sold 1,350,000 copies in its first week. She doesn't believe Trump will run in 2024 and "put himself in the position where he can lose again." Let us hope she's right.

Here's why Trump's niece doesn't think he'll run in 2024
    President Trump's niece, Mary Trump, explains to CNN's Chris Cuomo why she
    does not believe her uncle will make another run at the Presidency in 2024.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...un-cpt-vpx.cnn

Legend
    11-18-2020, 12:09 AM #6
    I will pause while everyone outside of Maryland says, "Who?"

Anti-Trump Republican Governor Larry Hogan appeals
    to 'exhausted majority' as he teases Presidential bid

https://www.aol.com/article/news/202...-bid/24694974/

11-29-2020, 07:02 PM #7
    The Daily Beast is reporting that Trump plans to run again in 2024 and will make the announcement at a rally at the same time as Biden's inauguration.

Legend
    12-02-2020, 06:09 PM #8
    How can Trump run for President in 2024? He was elected in 2016 and he keeps insisting he won the 2020 election – and the 22nd Amendment says no one can be elected President more than twice.

Analysis: Another Donald Trump Presidential bid is the absolute worst case scenario for Republicans
    Chris Cillizza, Dec 2 2020 10:53 AM ET

President Donald Trump isn't even trying to be coy anymore. "It's been an amazing four years," he told a group of guests at a White House Christmas party on Tuesday night. "We are trying to do another four years. Otherwise, I'll see you in four years." That pretty much says it all – especially when you consider reports that Trump may announce his 2024 candidacy on the same day that Joe Biden is sworn in as the 46th president of the United States.

That would be an absolute disaster for the Republican party. if Trump runs in 2024, the Republican party will be frozen in a sort of stasis, unable to get beyond a person who they know is not only very unlikely to command a majority of the country's votes in the next Presidential election but also who will continue to do damage to the party brand along the way.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/polit...rty/index.html

12-02-2020, 10:24 PM #9
    Several Republicans could run in 2024. Nikki Haley, Greg Abbott, Rick Scott, Jeb Bush, Mike Pence, Marco Rubio. But if Trump runs again, I think they would all be afraid to challenge him. I hope I am wrong.

12-04-2020, 10:14 PM #10
    This article explains how and why a special counsel appointed by Bill Barr will be trying to dig up dirt on Biden.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/bill-ba...el-john-durham

Page 1 of 32 12311 ...