01-30-2022, 01:16 PM #1

Deep Tracks Demise

Am I the only person that listens to Deep Tracks? The only reason I have a subscription to XM is because of Deep Tracks. Lately they have become the eulogy channel for every recently deceased rocker. Now we have to listen to Neal Young whine for 24 hours a day. Can't SiriusXM find another channel to put these things on? Eddie Van Halen passed away and we had a eulogy fest for heaven only knows how long. Loved his music but Deep Tracks doesn't even play his music on this channel normally. This is supposed to be a channel to hear rock tunes and artists that you can't find on other stations. Jim Ladd plays some of the best tunes that can be found and I tune in faithfully to hear his show daily, but can't he keep his political beliefs to himself? If I want to listen to political discourse there are plenty of those shows on SiriusXM. Back to Neal Young. He has become the kind of person he has railed about for 50 years. From screw the man to submit to the man. Sad!

01-30-2022, 04:01 PM #2
    SiriusXM used to have a Limited Edition channel on channel 13. It would be different limited-run programming such as all Metallica or all Beach Boys. There are now five Limited Edition channels, online only, at 502 through 506. Neil Young should be on one of those channels, not on Deep Tracks. This is just payola.

02-02-2022, 10:22 AM #3
    Agree with both of the above posts. These single-artist features on Deep Tracks are becoming tiresome. But this latest Neil Young venture seems disturbingly political on the part of SiriusXM. It’s start a few days ago just happened to coincide with Mr. Young’s request to be removed from Spotify because he takes issue with the Joe Rogan podcast. Never mind the marketplace of differing ideas in a free-speech society. Mr. Young, like an increasing majority of left-wingers, will throw tantrums and try to shut down any speech they don’t like until the other side eventually capitulates. He has become what he spent the majority of his musical career railing against. The hypocrisy is shameless.

But what disturbs me even more is SiriusXM’s obvious support of this mentality by suddenly, just out of the blue, giving Neil Young a week of single-artist exclusivity on an otherwise decent channel. Makes me want to cancel my subscription.

02-04-2022, 07:52 PM #4
    I've had enough! After waiting for the Neil Youngathon to run it's course, I tuned in to Deep Tracks tonight Friday the 4th. Jim Ladd so happy to be back on. Then about 15 minutes in to the show he has to go off on the Neil Young and Spotify fight. I don't care about your viewpoints on this matter Jim. I just want you to play freeform rock! Thanks to you I found Porcupine Tree who I had never heard of before. I don't know how I had never heard of them before. That said, being that Deep Tracks is the only station that I listen to on XM, and that they have destroyed this station, I am done. I am cancelling my subscription to SiriusXM.