03-27-2019, 01:02 PM #1

SiriusXM radio channel presets revert back to defaults on Jeep radio - constantly!

We change the preset defaults. They are ok until we turn off the car, come back later and they are back to the default settings. All have been changed to other satellite stations, if this helps with a diagnosis.

Help? Thanks!

Legend
    03-27-2019, 02:13 PM #2
    Welcome to Sirius Buzz! Are you shutting off the receiver before you shut off the car's engine? If you are and the presets are still reverting to default, disconnect the receiver's power cable and, if it has one, the CDC (cable data collector) cord. Wait 10 seconds, reconnect them and then reset your favorite channels.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, you can do what is called a "hard reset" by going to MENU and then when the SiriusXM logo appears, hit DISPLAY, then MEMO and then BAND. Then reset your favorite channels.

If that doesn't work, we will both be very frustrated. You can call SiriusXM Customer Care at 1-888-539-7474. You will need to know your radio ID number. On most radios, it will be displayed at channel 0. You can also contact Customer Care at https://www.siriusxm.ca/contact-us-by-email/

I have to warn you: The amount of "care" anyone actually gets will vary.

03-27-2019, 04:17 PM #3
    Hi, thanks for the quick response, but I’m not sure about disconnecting cables. The radio is built into a 2018 Jeep entertainment system. We typically do not shut off the radio before the car, but if you think that will help, we can try?

Legend
    03-27-2019, 04:34 PM #4
    When you shut off the radio before you shut off the car's engine, your presets should remain. If not, there could be an issue with your Jeep's Uconnect system. I'm guessing you have the Uconnect3 with a touchscreen. The Uconnect software has had many problems -- and many updates. Your system may need an update. You can check at

https://www.driveuconnect.com/suppor...re-update.html

03-27-2019, 06:16 PM #5
    Thanks! Will check for updates and try turning the radio off before the engine!

Joined: May 2019 Location: Far North Chicago Suburbs Posts: 2
    05-02-2019, 12:18 PM #6
    I had the same problem with my 2019 Grand Cherokee at first. The seat memory button (1 & 2), in addition to retaining seat positioning, "remembers" the presets and even what station you were on when you set either one of them.

It's about having 2 sets of custom seat positions and radio presets and whatnot. If you don't save #1 right after you selected all the radio presets, then get back in and move the seats back using the memory button, it'll go back to the default presets.

02-25-2021, 10:44 AM #7

Just happened to me

Quote Originally Posted by Ar-Pharazon View Post
    I had the same problem with my 2019 Grand Cherokee at first. The seat memory button (1 & 2), in addition to retaining seat positioning, "remembers" the presets and even what station you were on when you set either one of them.

It's about having 2 sets of custom seat positions and radio presets and whatnot. If you don't save #1 right after you selected all the radio presets, then get back in and move the seats back using the memory button, it'll go back to the default presets.
    This is amazing! I couldn’t figure out why my channels were changed yesterday! I was freaked out thinking someone went in my garage and played with the channels to mess with me. Because of your answer I realized I used driver 1 key fob and I usually use driver 2. The final test will be if I use driver 2 again and the channels are back to my old settings because even though I sort of fixed it I couldn’t remember which station was what number (except classic rock vinyl is number 1!) they’re set to different numbers now in driver 1. Also the seat was in a different setting on driver 1 and since I bought the car CPO it’s the previous owner’s preference! Thank you for this answer and relieving me of my freak out!