Page 3 of 42 1234513 ...
    Legend
    11-05-2018, 08:08 PM #21
    Children can get guns. Students can get guns. Drunks can get guns. Drug dealers can get guns. Gang members can get guns. Crazy people can get guns. Anti-Semitic groups can get guns. Neo-Nazis and white supremacists can get guns. Does anyone see a problem here?

Suspect in custody in shooting at detox treatment facility in Northern California that left 1 dead, 2 injured

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...105-story.html

Legend
    11-08-2018, 02:30 PM #22
    Ian Long, the gunman who went to the Borderline Bar & Grill and opened fire with a Glock .45-caliber handgun, killing 12, and then took his own life, was an ex-Marine who was said to be suffering from PTSD -- as if PTSD is justification for murdering a dozen people.

Mass shooting at Thousand Oaks bar leaves 12 dead, including a sheriff's sergeant

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/ca...-live-updates/

Legend
    11-09-2018, 01:36 AM #23
    Responding to the latest mass murder in the United States of America, Newsom declared, "This has to change! This doesn't happen anywhere else on the planet." (By the way, in the last 25 years, more people have died in mass shootings in California than in any other state.) Newsom criticized the Republicans in Congress and the "morally bankrupt" NRA for opposing any and all gun-control proposals -- and that also has to change.

California Governor-elect Gavin Newsom criticizes gun rights advocates in remarks after Thousand Oaks shooting

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-p...108-story.html

Legend
    11-09-2018, 04:14 PM #24
    Letter from Eileen Martin of North Hollywood in today's Los Angeles Times:

"Once again, we awoke to news of another shooting, another vigil, another moment of outrage. And yet no one addresses the issue of gun control. Once again, people who knew the gunman were aware that he had problems. Like everyone else, I am disgusted and heartsick over these incidents. And still everyone points to the 2nd Amendment, which was written in the 18th century by old white men who wanted to make sure the states had militias. Do we still need a militia? Troubled people have too many guns and nothing effective is done. In the meantime, I will wait for the next mass shooting and the next vigil."

Legend
    11-09-2018, 04:52 PM #25
    Excerpt from a November 9 Los Angeles Times editorial:

"The Gun Violence Archive reports that gunmen have shot and killed 1,096 people in California, including the Thousand Oaks victims, since the first of the year. In the same period, gunmen nationwide have taken the lives of 114 people in 18 mass killings, defined as incidents in which at least four people are killed excluding the shooter. No place seems safe. In recent years Americans have been gunned down en masse in schools and houses of worship, music venues and in their own homes. The shootings have been motivated by racism, by rage over politics, by mental illness; in some cases, their reasons remain inscrutable. And the President would have us tremble in fear of immigrants."

Legend
    11-09-2018, 08:39 PM #26
    The mother of Telemachus Orfanos, a 27-year-old US Navy veteran who was killed in the latest mass shooting in the United States of America, told reporters, "My son was in Las Vegas with one of his friends and he came home. He didn't come home last night. I don't want prayers. I don't want thoughts. I want gun control and I hope to God nobody else sends me more prayers. I want gun control. No. More. Guns."

Man who survived October 2017 Las Vegas shooting died in Thousand Oaks massacre

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/califor...rill-massacre/

Legend
    11-10-2018, 06:34 PM #27
    Even the gunmen who commit mass shootings know the NRA-puppet Republicans in Congress will do nothing to address the problem of gun violence. CNN reports that the ex-Marine who killed 12 people at Borderline Bar & Grill in Thousand Oaks made this Facebook post around the time of the massacre:

"I hope people call me insane. Wouldn't that just be a big ball of irony? Yeah, I'm insane, but the only thing you people do after these shootings is 'hopes and prayers' or 'keep you in my thoughts' every time and wonder why these keep happening..."

Bar gunman apparently paused during massacre to make Instagram post

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/thousan...nstagram-post/

Legend
    11-17-2018, 05:09 PM #28
    In a letter in today's Los Angeles Times, Bob Lentz of Sylmar sets forth a logical, sensible first step in reducing gun violence:

"The Los Angeles Kings' 'Enough is enough' campaign to protest shooting carnage in America is a joke. There is only one way to prevent mass shootings: strictly control the sale and possession of guns and ammunition. And the only way to do this is to vote out of office Republican presidents, congresspeople and state legislators who are controlled by the National Rifle Association and vote for the economic needs of the NRA and gun manufacturers rather than the safery of all Americans. 'Enough is enough' is not nearly enough."

Legend
    11-19-2018, 11:03 PM #29
    I often say no place in America is safe from gun violence. Shootings take place at malls, schools, churches, theaters, restaurants, bars, concerts, parties, workplaces, newsrooms, homes......and now hospitals. No place in America is safe.

Police officer, gunman, two others dead in shooting at Mercy Hospital in Chicago

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ch...TkzE?ocid=AMZN

Legend
    11-22-2018, 06:48 PM #30
    "The Republicans and the NRA
    Wish you a happy Thanksgiving.
    Thanks to our pro-gun policies.
    Thousands are no longer living."

Girl killed in home by stray bullet had written award-winning essay about gun violence
    CBS News, Nov 22 2018 12:10 PM

A 13-year-old Milwaukee girl who was killed in her home by a stray bullet Monday night had written an award-winning essay about gun violence. Sandra Parks died after a gunman who was armed with an AK-47 and may have been shooting at his ex-girlfriend outside a nearby home fired into the girl's living room.

Isaac Barnes, 26, faces charges of first-degree reckless homicide, discharging a gun into a building and possession of a firearm by a felon. The reckless homicide charge is punishable by up to 60 years in prison.

Sandra had taken third place just two years earlier in a citywide competition with her essay, "Our Truth," commemorating the life of Martin Luther King. Sandra wrote of seeing "examples of chaos almost every day" and lamented "little children" who were victims of "senseless gun violence."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/sandra-...-gun-violence/

Page 3 of 42 1234513 ...