What legendary (and egotistical) baseball player made these statements during his career? "I am the best in baseball." "Sometimes I underestimate the magnitude of me." "The only reason I don't like playing in the World Series is I can't watch myself play." Give up? Well, you can hear him on SiriusXM starting September 15.

Hall of Famer Reggie Jackson to host weekly all-sports show on SiriusXM

Legendary Hall of Fame baseball player Reggie Jackson has joined SiriusXM to host a new live weekly all-sports talk show. The opinionated slugger will host Swing Away With Reggie Jackson every Saturday from 11 AM to noon Eastern time exclusively on SiriusXM's Mad Dog Sports Radio, channel 82, starting September 15.

Fueled by his love of all sports, Jackson will cover a broad spectrum of sports topics on Swing Away and he will be joined regularly by well-known athletes and celebrities on his program, where they will discuss the headline news in baseball, football, basketball, golf and much more.

"Reggie is famous for being one of the most dynamic players in baseball history but the scope of his knowledge and his experience as an athlete extend beyond the world of baseball," said Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM's President and Chief Content Officer. "He has a lot of opinions about a lot of topics and he's not shy about sharing them. Mad Dog Sports Radio is the perfect platform for him to do just that."

Nicknamed Mr. October for his clutch playoff hitting, Jackson helped win three consecutive World Series titles with the Athletics in the early 1970s and two World Series with the Yankees in 1977 and 1978. His extraordinary major league career spanned 21 seasons and saw him star for four teams (Athletics, Orioles, Yankees and Angels). He finished with 563 home runs and 14 All-Star appearances and was elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1993.

This is Jackson's second time hosting a show on Mad Dog Sports Radio. In 2009, Reggie hosted October Nights, a six week series on the channel that focused on the MLB postseason. Subscribers nationwide can listen to the Mad Dog Sports Radio channel on SiriusXM radios (channel 82), on the SiriusXM app, at SiriusXM.com and at home on a wide variety of connected devices, including smart TVs, Amazon Alexa devices, Apple TV, PlayStation, Roku, Sonos speakers and more.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300711814.html