Page 3 of 3 123
    09-24-2018, 12:32 PM #21
    This is what happens when king midas is not around. Sirius XM is buying Pandora. Probably explains why the stock is down today. Congrats to all of us that still own Sirius XM shares. God Bless!

Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    What has happened to everyone? Anyone still holding Sirius?
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

09-24-2018, 12:46 PM #22
    Yep,but adding the tracker today.

Enthusiast
    09-24-2018, 01:41 PM #23
    What will the future look like any crystal ball thoughts.......

09-24-2018, 02:38 PM #24
    Siri busted below all of the moving avgs (even 200 day) and Fibonacci support levels today. I expect it to retrace all of them ... but when is anybody's guess. Great opportunity today for long term cash.

Legend
    09-24-2018, 04:48 PM #25
    Just a few days after agreeing to pay higher royalties to the recording artists whose songs they play, SiriusXM makes a $3.5 billion acquisition of Pandora, which has only six million paid subscribers and has never made a profit in its 18 years and nine months of existence. Yeah, that certainly seems like a wise business decision! And how well did SiriusXM and Pandora stock perform today? Don't ask.

SiriusXM: $6.26, -0.72 (10.32%)
    Pandora: $8.98, -0.10 (1.10%)

Addict
    09-24-2018, 06:15 PM #26
    Sirius will be up to $8 by year end and doubles in less than 8 quarters.
    I’m confident these cats know what they are doing. If I had any more cash I would load up on Siri while it is still on sale.

09-25-2018, 11:16 AM #27
    SIRI is buying P with SIRI stock. The lower SIRI stock is the cheaper the price for P. Once the deal is done SIRI will be free to run back up - but until then expect the price of SIRI to be held down - by those that control SIRI and want to pay as little as possible for P. Already the $3.5B price reported yesterday has been reduced to $2.5B by SIRI's price drop. Has Malone's fingerprints all over it

Addict
    09-25-2018, 03:07 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by lbowa View Post
    SIRI is buying P with SIRI stock. The lower SIRI stock is the cheaper the price for P. Once the deal is done SIRI will be free to run back up - but until then expect the price of SIRI to be held down - by those that control SIRI and want to pay as little as possible for P. Already the $3.5B price reported yesterday has been reduced to $2.5B by SIRI's price drop. Has Malone's fingerprints all over it
    Yes It’s pretty clear what’s going on. The all stock deal was destined to drag the sp into the toilet if for its dilution of SiriusXM and of course the fact that 3.5 billion is far too much of a premium to pay for a company that loses massive amounts of money.
    So here is what I think.
    Sirius/Liberty will stick to their guns while Pandora Shops around for a better deal which will most likely be unfruitful. P stock gets killed in the meantime so Sirius throws them a bone and renegotiates the deal as either stock / cash or all cash that is considerably less than the 3.5 bln. They will take it because P will be so further distressed they will have no other choice. Much more complex of course but I think that’s about the gist of it. Remember, Liberty does have a track record of acquiring companies on the cheep (i.e. Sirius) so it didn’t make much sense to me for them to acquire P for the much inflated cost of 3.5 bln. I think the sp slaughter is absolutely planned. Just nobody panic if Siri dips into the $5.xx range. It’s better for us in the long run if this results in a bargain.

The more I research, the more obvious the strategy for this “all stock” move becomes. If a cash offer were made, there would be no opportunity to renegotiate no matter what the current values of the companies are.
    Last edited by bdp.; 09-26-2018 at 06:56 AM.

11-18-2019, 02:56 PM #29
    Almost to $7... 1 year too early on this call
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Guru
    12-31-2021, 01:21 AM #30

Page 3 of 3 123