05-04-2018, 07:43 AM #1

Question Traffic and Traffic Plus services

What is the difference between 'Traffic' and 'Traffic Plus' services?
    I've spoken to CS but I keep getting the run around........

On the Canadian website, both services are offered at the same price. From what I can gather, the Plus offers greater coverage in both USA and Canada.

I asked to switch from Traffic to Traffic Plus and was told my car radio hardware doesn't support the added services. Foes this make any sense? If Traffic works, why wouldn't Traffic Plus??

Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks - in advance.

Legend
    05-15-2018, 12:51 AM #2
    Welcome to Sirius Buzz, Mister Slickster! SiriusXM Traffic Plus is built in to the uConnect navigation systems on many new cars, including Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Lincoln and Mercedes. Other services can be added to it; therefore, "Plus." Traffic Plus boasts of "24/7 incident coverage of most major roadways nationwide" and throughout Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. SiriusXM promises to add other Canadian cities soon. And if you subscribe to the additional services (Travel Link, Nav Traffic, Nav Weather), Traffic Plus can show you the weather, traffic speed, sports scores, movie listings and stock quotes and tell you where to find good parking places and the lowest gasoline prices. Of course you risk causing an accident by staring at the screen, but.........

Here is the Traffic Plus video posted by SiriusXM in February 2017:

SiriusXM Traffic Plus: Don't drive through traffic, drive around it.
    Avoid congestion before you reach it with SiriusXM Traffic Plus. Get detailed information on traffic speed, accidents, construction, road closures and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ_6mav56dw

05-15-2018, 07:26 AM #3

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    Welcome to Sirius Buzz, Mister Slickster! SiriusXM Traffic Plus is built in to the uConnect navigation systems on many new cars, including Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Lincoln and Mercedes. Other services can be added to it; therefore, "Plus." Traffic Plus boasts of "24/7 incident coverage of most major roadways nationwide" and throughout Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver. SiriusXM promises to add other Canadian cities soon. And if you subscribe to the additional services (Travel Link, Nav Traffic, Nav Weather), Traffic Plus can show you the weather, traffic speed, sports scores, movie listings and stock quotes and tell you where to find good parking places and the lowest gasoline prices. Of course you risk causing an accident by staring at the screen, but.........

Here is the Traffic Plus video posted by SiriusXM in February 2017:

SiriusXM Traffic Plus: Don't drive through traffic, drive around it.
    Avoid congestion before you reach it with SiriusXM Traffic Plus. Get detailed information on traffic speed, accidents, construction, road closures and more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ_6mav56dw
    Thank you.
    Since my original post, I've chatted with CS and was advised that I don't have the most recent radio chipset in my new 2018 car, therefore I'm limited to Traffic rather than Traffic Plus services.

I have chipset G4.5, rather than X6.5 and above is required.

10-11-2019, 03:28 PM #4
    Hi. I just purchased a 2019 Chrysler 300. In my previous 2013 300 C, factory installed nav was Garmin and I was ver familiar with the traffic features which not only included color coding on route but a circular icon that changed color if their was traffic congestion on way to the destination. You could touch the icon and it would provide additional information.

This car does have Sirius traffic plus but it does not seem to have a similar feature as described above. Can someone help me identify a good tutorial with features and functions since I a very unimpressed so far with this change to a different nav system.

Thanks

09-03-2020, 01:34 AM #5
    I have a 2017 Lincoln Continental with Traffic and want to add Traffic Plus. Does anyone know where I can obtain the software needed to do so? SiriusXM folks tell me I can’t get their information until I get my system software upgraded.

Thanks

03-30-2021, 08:46 PM #6
    I just purchased a 2021 Hyundai with NAV and a 3 month trial of Sirius XM. Apparently Sirius traffic is not included in the trial ... the traffic info is from HDRadio. I'm in Phoenix and the traffic data seems very incomplete and spotty ... and much worse than the information I is was getting on my 2019 Toyota.

The Sirius website offers SiriusXM traffic plus, SiriusXM traffic and NAV traffic. CS wasn't able to tell me what the difference in the 3 options is and recommended I subscribe to traffic plus. Sadly, it doesn't seem to give any more information than I was already getting from HDRadio traffic.

Do any of you know what the difference between the 3 options is?
    Would there be any conflict adding Siriux traffic to a unit that already is getting traffic from HDRadio?

Thanks in advance!