View Poll Results: Will TB12 and Patriots win another Super Bowl this year?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely...All they do is win baby!!!

1 25.00%
  • No...they have won enough SB's already!!

2 50.00%
  • I hope so...cuz it will drive Midas nuts!!

1 25.00%
Page 6 of 8 ... 45678
    Addict
    02-06-2018, 12:14 PM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    I haven’t sold 1 share of Sirius in nearly 3 years as it seems greed always trumps reason. I just can’t bring myself to pull the trigger, especially as I watch the sp bounce around $6.20.
    I so completely blew it! Still hanging on to my shares. Still way up though but for how long? The issue is, the moment I sell, the market recovers and I want to puke.

02-07-2018, 02:26 AM #52
    The good news is that, as of Tues, you've got another cash divi coming.

Guru
    02-08-2018, 05:17 PM #53
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    I so completely blew it! Still hanging on to my shares. Still way up though but for how long? The issue is, the moment I sell, the market recovers and I want to puke.
    You have to take the emotion out of it....Trim and trail. That way if it comes back in on you....you will not have given it all back. Take some profit and rebuy the dip. You know ther is always going to be a dip with SIRI....its like clockwork.

Legend
    02-08-2018, 08:58 PM #54
    "Class? Can anyone give me an example of a euphemism? Yes, Jeremy?" "My dad says it's like when the Dow drops 10% and stock analysts call it a correction instead of a plummet or a tumble."

The Dow plummets more than 1,000 points for the second time this week
    Vox.com Feb 8 2018 5:30 PM EST

The Dow Jones plunged 1,033 points today in another volatile day for the stock market. It was the second-worst single-day point drop in history, beaten only by the record set after this Monday’s 1,175-point drop. Today's tumble officially marks a stock market correction, which means the market is down 10% from its previous high. The market’s recent volatility has wiped out the Dow’s gains (and the S&P 500’s) for 2018.

President Trump has touted the roaring stock market as one of his presidential achievements. It was a risky move — taking credit for something unpredictable opens up the potential of getting blamed for it too — and one that has backfired a bit amid this latest selloff. White House spokesperson Raj Shah said today, "The President, like the rest of the White House, is concerned about long term economic indicators," adding that the "factors and fundamentals in terms of long term are very strong.”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ket-correction

Legend
    02-09-2018, 03:52 PM #55
    President Trump has repeatedly taken credit for the past year's gains in the stock market, even though the gains were part of an upward trend that began in 2009 under President Obama. Is Trump now blaming himself for the market's recent huge losses? Well, remember when he said the polls are rigged, the debates are rigged, the nominating conventions are rigged, the elections are rigged, the courts are rigged and the justice system is rigged? Yeah, now you understand:

Trump now claims the stock market is rigged against him

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-clai...-3cee051d4736/

Addict
    02-12-2018, 09:50 AM #56
    That was a very helpful explanation, but I must sit down and review my historical information before I can truly absorb it. I'm not looking for any reason to dispute you or the extra bucks in my account; I think it is great that I have that bonus, but I just don't recall how it happened. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by bcoz View Post
    Congratulations si! You found a 100 dollar bill in those pants you haven't worn in 2 yrs. Actually since April 15, 2016. On that date you must have held 1000 shares of Liberty Media (LMCA). Through Spinco, Liberty Media split into 3 tracking stocks, Liberty Braves BATRA, Liberty Sirius XM LSXMA and Liberty Media LMCA. You got 1 for 1 BATRA, 1 for 10 LSXMA, 1 for 4 LMCA and some cash for the fractional LMCA shares. It was a corporate action, not a purchase. Since then Liberty acquired Formula One racing, retained an interest in Live Nation and changed the ticker for Liberty Media from LMCA to FWONA.

If you held it in a taxable account it doesn't incur any tax liability at the time. But will incur cap gains when you sell any of them. This is John Malone at his tax aversion best. The cost basis changed and is different for all 3 holdings. Check out the Liberty webpage ( http://www.libertymedia.com/stock-cost-basis.html ) for that info.

Currently, you're probably looking at a 15% gain in BATRA, 57% in LSXMA, and 30% in FWONA. The LSXMA shares represent Malone's SIRI shares (about 9 for 1) and selling at an 18% discount to SIRI.

Hope this is accurate and helpful.

http://www.libertymedia.com/stock-cost-basis.html

02-15-2018, 03:14 PM #57
    What is going on here? Is Midas buying shares in million-share lots, again?? Or is it you DM? (jk)
    SOMETHING must be going on. Not only is the price of SIRI rising, but the gap between the SP of SIRI and the Liberty trackers is widening

Enthusiast
    02-16-2018, 09:27 AM #58
    🍎 is coming

02-17-2018, 05:53 PM #59
    Did I read that right on the SiriusBuzz 'crawler' to the side of the forum? That Buckingham Research has a $54-59 price target on the Liberty Trackers? If one applies the same percentage gain to the present SP of SIRI, that would mean that SIRI could have a related-price target of $8+. I am not running out to buy more SIRI shares, and I DO NOT think SIRI will be $8 within a year. But...

Legend
    02-20-2018, 09:28 PM #60
    Sears shares dropped 10.7% today. Walmart fell 10.2%. The Gap fell 5%. JCPenney fell 3.9%. Target fell 3%. SiriusXM -- which, thankfully, does not own any department stores -- was unchanged. It opened at $6.11 and closed at $6.11.

Stocks fall as Walmart shares plunge the most in 30 years

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...220-story.html

Page 6 of 8 ... 45678