Page 1 of 3 123
    09-27-2018, 12:44 PM #1

Sirius xm october - december 2018 *** sirius pandora 2018 ***

Congratulations to everyone that have made it this far with Sirius XM after the bankruptcy scare! Patience wins every-time. God Bless You ALL including DM_4!
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Legend
    10-10-2018, 06:08 PM #2
    SIRI closed today at $5.95, down 23¢ (3.72%). Those of you who think SIRI will hit $7 by year's end may want to reconsider.

Dow Jones drops 800 points, stocks plummet amid tech selloff
    CBS News, Oct 10 2018 4:04 PM EDT

US stocks dropped sharply today, as a massive selloff in the biggest technology stocks drove the major indices to lows not seen since this spring. The Dow Jones industrial average plunged 818 points, losing 3.12% of its value at closing time. It was the second-biggest drop of the year for the Dow, which on February 5 lost more than 1,100 points in a single trading session. The S&P 500 closed down 94 points, a loss of 3.3%. The tech-heavy Nasdaq composite dropped 315 points, just over 4%.

Earlier today, Sears Holdings plunged on reports that the struggling retailer is preparing to file for bankruptcy. The stock fell 35.7% to just 38¢ in morning trading. It was more than $40 five years ago.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dow-jon...rop-wednesday/

Addict
    10-11-2018, 07:29 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rewind View Post
    SIRI closed today at $5.95, down 23¢ (3.72%). Those of you who think SIRI will hit $7 by year's end may want to reconsider.

Dow Jones drops 800 points, stocks plummet amid tech selloff
    CBS News, Oct 10 2018 4:04 PM EDT

US stocks dropped sharply today, as a massive selloff in the biggest technology stocks drove the major indices to lows not seen since this spring. The Dow Jones industrial average plunged 818 points, losing 3.12% of its value at closing time. It was the second-biggest drop of the year for the Dow, which on February 5 lost more than 1,100 points in a single trading session. The S&P 500 closed down 94 points, a loss of 3.3%. The tech-heavy Nasdaq composite dropped 315 points, just over 4%.

Earlier today, Sears Holdings plunged on reports that the struggling retailer is preparing to file for bankruptcy. The stock fell 35.7% to just 38¢ in morning trading. It was more than $40 five years ago.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dow-jon...rop-wednesday/
    I’m not so sure it won’t bounce back considerably. It appears that the sell off is more of a standard correction exacerbated by tariffs and rising interest rates. The Sirius plunge began as a reaction to the Pandora deal which should have bottomed out at around $6.50 in my opinion. Currently Sirius is massively oversold and is being driven deeper into bargain territory. Unlike many other companies who have worldwide exposure, Sirius does not. It is an American company that reacts to our economy. Since our economy is actually very strong, consumers who subscribe to Sirius will not likely suddenly be canceling their subscriptions in droves. (The only effect I can see the market having on subscribers is possibly the irrational panic the news inflicts upon people who become convinced the world is ending so they ditch everything except the bare necessities. But thing would have to get far worse for this to happen.) Since Sirius will likely remain upon this path of least resistance, I can see the decreasing SP as bouncing back completely within the next several months once the selloff / correction has stabilized in the broader market. Mark my word. Like I predicted in an earlier post of Sirius dipping into the $5 level has come to fruition, I also believe Sirius is becoming more of a tremendous bargain the lower it goes and if I had the free cash right now I would be definitely adding to my position. On another note, I am curious as to how things are playing out with the 1.44:1 all stock deal. I wonder if there will be a renegotiation that will possibly spare Sirius from dilution? Whatever is unfolding, it looks certain Sirius / Liberty will be getting the best of them.
    Last edited by bdp.; 10-11-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Legend
    10-11-2018, 05:15 PM #4
    Today was another dismal, depressing, down day for the Dow -- but SIRI was up two whole cents!

Dow drops 546; two-day loss tops 1,375
    The Street, Oct 11 2018 4:10 PM EDT

The Dow Jones Industrial Average today fell 546 points, or 2.1%, to 25,053. Leading the Dow lower were Pfizer, McDonald's and Chevron. The Dow's two-day loss is more than 1,375 points. The S&P 500 was down 2% and the Nasdaq fell 1.25%.

https://www.thestreet.com/markets/st...ls-on-14741468

Addict
    10-24-2018, 07:14 AM #5
    Nice quarter once again and once again time for the sp to fall off a cliff!😖

Guru
    10-24-2018, 02:15 PM #6
    Can't believe you guys are still around here lol. Figured i would check in and see what the mood was today after seeing SIRI announce earnings. Stock price was up about a dime to 6.15 this am but now dropped like a rock to 5.70s a few hours later. Crazy. Anyway good to see all you guys including you MIDAS. MIDAS you are a cool cat man. We have a long storied history between us at least in our own minds, lol. Sometimes we were on the same team...others times not. Man o man...goes all the way back to the BM days. Man...we put that poor bastard thru hell lol. Hope everyone is doing well...including you BM if your still around.

I noticed the views are down dramatically on the monthly threads since i left. Maybe I should come back and boost ratings a bit.

Cheers All!!

Legend
    10-25-2018, 04:54 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    I noticed the views are down dramatically on the monthly threads since i left. Maybe I should come back and boost ratings a bit.
    Please do! I've started dozens of new threads and begged and pleaded for people to participate. A lot of people read the threads but almost no one posts to them. I is frustrated, I surely is.

Here is a story from Talkers.com, October 25. Yes, Jim Meyer uses dumb expressions such as "fantastic," "flip side," "at the end of the day" and "one plus one will exceed two."

SiriusXM’s Jim Meyer on Pandora acquisition.

During yesterday’s third quarter investor conference call, SiriusXM chief executive officer Jim Meyer talked about the company's bid to acquire streaming pure play Pandora. He said the two platforms have the ability to cross-promote. He adds that the goal, obviously, is not to convince paying SiriusXM subscribers to leave for a cheaper or free version of Pandora. "At SiriusXM, we are running about 23 million trials in new and used cars this year. And the truth, as the flip side of our conversion statistics will tell you, is that most people don’t want to pay for radio at the end of the day. I feel there is a strong opportunity if we can link non-converters back to a Pandora or maybe a Pandora with a bit more content in a way that makes our combined business bigger, better and more profitable.There are many ways we believe that one plus one will exceed two very quickly and we plan to give you additional color on that over the next few months."

The company is still waiting for anti-trust approval from the FTC and Justice Department before meetings with Pandora can affect any change there, but it is downplaying the synergies that might be realized from a combined operation. Meyer adds, "Last week, while I was out in Oakland for a Pandora board meeting, I had the privilege of speaking with a large group of Pandora's talented employees. It was fantastic to talk about our shared future, what we can do with all of our financial resources, vast troves of data, unmatched content, enormous user bases and some of the most talented people in radio and technology. I am confident that together, these two companies will be even stronger."

http://www.talkers.com

Guru
    10-25-2018, 05:12 PM #8
    Don't get down on yourself Rewind...it's not you. Once upon a time....this site use to kill it every single day, hour, minute and second. That was back when the sp was a buck or two. Malone/SIRI management killed the interest in this stock by taking the slow boat to current levels. Many of us sold out at much cheaper prices. I use to own a ton or SIRI stock and while i made a six figure profit...I have not owned any shares in many years. I use to live, breath and die everything SIRI back in the day. But i still gauge the price from time to time and dare say this is a good buy at these levels off from the 7 level. Ahhhhhh once upon a time....

Hope all is well.

10-26-2018, 11:55 AM #9
    FBI probably picked up Brandon for the bombs.

Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    Don't get down on yourself Rewind...it's not you. Once upon a time....this site use to kill it every single day, hour, minute and second. That was back when the sp was a buck or two. Malone/SIRI management killed the interest in this stock by taking the slow boat to current levels. Many of us sold out at much cheaper prices. I use to own a ton or SIRI stock and while i made a six figure profit...I have not owned any shares in many years. I use to live, breath and die everything SIRI back in the day. But i still gauge the price from time to time and dare say this is a good buy at these levels off from the 7 level. Ahhhhhh once upon a time....

Hope all is well.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Legend
    10-31-2018, 06:26 PM #10
    Anyone who went trick-or-treating today at Dow Jones, Nasdaq and the S&P received a trick, not a treat.

Stocks rally again but October was their worst month in seven years

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...031-story.html

Page 1 of 3 123