Page 1 of 2 12
    Enthusiast
    09-14-2008, 05:07 AM #1

XMP3 in Popular Science

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/xm...r-science.html
    So, anyone thing this is a good thing there is at least showing us now what the XMp3 player. And Wow 5 channel recording at the same time

Enthusiast
    09-14-2008, 11:18 PM #2

nice !

good lookin out Demon !

09-15-2008, 02:10 PM #3

Sirius Portable

I like the looks of this. I was looking into buying a portable as I have Sirius in my car but would like something I can take with me. Does anyone know of the new Sirius portable offerings that might be in the works.

I was thinking of buying the Stiletto 2 but if something new is coming out it might be worth my wait.

Thanks for any info including rumours.

09-21-2008, 12:26 PM #4

XMp3

This new pioneer device looks really good. XM has always put out some pretty good hardware. I want to continue subscribing to Sirius and get the best of XM when it becomes available so I don't think this unit would be the way to go unless you wanted XM with the best of Sirius. I hope they come out with a similar unit with the capability of receiving both XM and Sirius soon.

Mentor
    09-21-2008, 12:34 PM #5
    When the HELL are they going to add WIFI to XM's portibles! I do not need a portable in my car, I need it in my house and in the Gym, both of which do not get CRAP for reception from Satellites, but BOTH of which have WiFi access!!

Put WIFI into all portibles from now on damn it! I have almost switched over to Slacker because of this.

09-21-2008, 11:41 PM #6

XMp3

I didn't realize that. That is a very important thing that I missed. I thought it was pretty much standard on these things.

Thanks for saving me some displeasure.

09-22-2008, 10:25 PM #7

Delphi Portable

I came across this unit. It is the Delphi brand which I don't know much about and it is only for XM currently however it comes with the unit, car adapter kit, home adapter kit and some miscellaneous stuff all for $39.95 after rebate. We need to get these things going at these affordable rates that are dual band and we'll start getting some serious new subscribers.

http://www.xm-radio-satellite.com/in...D&ProdID=11059

Guru
    10-03-2008, 12:01 PM #8

no wifi not problem

I thought about it this morning on my way to work. If it can record 5 channels at once, then when I am at work I will have a whole days worth of listening to flip through....I guess it would be a day old, but I don't see that as a problem.

I'll just have it record the repeat of stern at night and listen a day behind.

And over night it will be loading up all kinds of music from my favorite music channels to get through the day.

Can't wait!

10-03-2008, 02:28 PM #9

Portable

I agree. I think that it might do the trick.

10-07-2008, 11:17 AM #10

XMp3

I can't locate the XMp3 anywhere. It has been removed from the Best Buy website as well as the Crutchfield website. Is it possible that they have pulled them to add functionality? I am interested in purchasing one.

Page 1 of 2 12