Page 1 of 14 12311 ...
    07-17-2017, 02:29 PM #1

SiriusXM Programming

I have been a serius radio customer for many years and think it is wonderful, BUT the last year hasn't been that enjoyable because of the repetitive nature of the programming. namely channels 5 and 6. I am so sick of hearing the same songs played every day when there are thousands more that could be played. if I hear Love Is Strange by Mickey & Sylvia and You Got What It Takes by Brook Benton & Dinah Washington one more time i'll throw up. Are the monkeys and Gary Puckett paying royalties to serius radio? seems like it. I now have to change channels constantly to keep from borrowing Elvis's pistol and blasting the radio!!! I am a daily listener not a once a week listener. I think channels 5 and 6 have a "serius" problem (pun intended) thanks bill

07-27-2017, 10:38 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by billmc View Post
    I have been a serius radio customer for many years and think it is wonderful, BUT the last year hasn't been that enjoyable because of the repetitive nature of the programming. namely channels 5 and 6. I am so sick of hearing the same songs played every day when there are thousands more that could be played. if I hear Love Is Strange by Mickey & Sylvia and You Got What It Takes by Brook Benton & Dinah Washington one more time i'll throw up. Are the monkeys and Gary Puckett paying royalties to serius radio? seems like it. I now have to change channels constantly to keep from borrowing Elvis's pistol and blasting the radio!!! I am a daily listener not a once a week listener. I think channels 5 and 6 have a "serius" problem (pun intended) thanks bill
    i have noticed a lot of repetition lately on a lot of the DECADE channels as of late. I'm guessing shaving down the royalties on a few.

Legend
    10-15-2017, 10:39 PM #3
    The 1950s channel -- which actually plays 1954 to 1963 -- has a pretty large playlist which includes a lot of low-charting songs, non-charting songs and B-sides. The '60s channel -- which actually plays only 1963 to 1969 -- has gotten very repetitious lately. The '70s channel ignores hundreds of big hits and the '80s channel seems to play only the artists whose videos aired on MTV in the '80s: lots of Queen, Bon Jovi, Pink Floyd, Journey, INXS, Aerosmith, Police, Foreigner, Loverboy, 38 Special, Van Halen and Pat Benatar but very few adult hits, r&b hits or country hits. The '90s channel would be more listenable if they didn't play so much rap and hip-hop and instead focused on the decade's pop hits, alternative hits and adult contemporary hits. The four or five people who actually like '90s rap music can hear those songs on Backspin.

Legend
    10-20-2017, 11:18 PM #4
    A thread titled "Programming" is a good place to post news of SiriusXM channel changes and format changes. I have decreed this and it shall be so. Here is the first bit of news: Holly, the Christmas music channel, returns to the satelliite lineup at 9 AM Pacific time November 1. It will temporarily replace Love on Channel 70.

Legend
    10-20-2017, 11:38 PM #5
    "Ricky Gervais Is Deadly Sirius" will premiere at 11 AM Eastern time October 24 on Channel 94, Comedy Greats, and will repeat six hours later on Channel 99, Raw Dog. The one-hour program will be heard every Tuesday and is hosted by....umm.....Ricky Gervais.

Born in 1961 in Reading, Berkshire, England, Gervais has worked in radio, television, music and movies and has won two Emmy awards and three Golden Globe awards. He is also a television writer and has voiced characters in animated films and video games.

Legend
    10-21-2017, 08:41 PM #6
    Scream, billed as "Your soundtrack for Hallowe'en," will air for four days, October 28-31, on Sirius channel 145, XM channel 207 and online channel 790.

The original meaning of "Trick or treat!" is "Give me a treat or I will play a trick on you." The phrase should properly be "Treat or trick!" We need to launch a nationwide Hallowe'en re-education campaign so children quit saying the phrase backwards.

And, by the way, those "fun-size" candy bars should be called what they really are: "extremely small size."

Legend
    10-24-2017, 07:24 PM #7
    Above -- go look! -- I said the annual Holly Christmas channel will begin at 9 AM Pacific time November 1 on channel 70. Now I can add that the Holiday Traditions channel will launch at that same time on channel 4.

Legend
    10-27-2017, 04:04 PM #8
    Here are the starting dates for this year's Christmas channels:

November 1: Holly, channel 70; Holiday Traditions, channel 4
    November 27: Navidad, channel 785
    December 4: Holiday Soul, channel 49; Country Christmas, channel 58
    December 12: Radio Hanukkah, channel 77
    December 24: Holiday Pops, channel 76

Be honest: Does anyone really want to hear Christmas music on the first day of November? Can't we at least wait until Thanksgiving Day is over?

Legend
    11-02-2017, 04:05 PM #9
    In celebration of the 99th birthday of evangelist Billy Graham, The Billy Graham Channel will run from November 6 to November 17 on channel 145. It will feature hundreds of Graham's sermons along with comments from friends, family members and US Presidents.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...300548720.html

Legend
    11-09-2017, 03:44 PM #10
    From November 14 through November 27, anyone who has an inactive SiriusXM receiver will be able to listen to 100 channels -- but not all at the same time, of course. The two weeks of "free listening" are offered in the hope that former subscribers will re-subscribe.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ...