Page 14 of 16 ... 41213141516
    06-27-2017, 10:01 AM #131
    As we can see, this is a classic play out of the Malone takeover playbook. Buys a % of the company, installs "his" own board members and takes control of the board. Eventually, Malone will take over Pandora.

Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    Yes that is what I'm banking on. Nevertheless it is very stressful to see my account lose thousands of dollars in the span of a few minutes. Hopefully it will bounce.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    06-27-2017, 10:51 AM #132
    Pandora did bounce and I'm back to additional gains. Of course I wish I bought more this morning, but isn't that the way it always goes...

06-27-2017, 10:56 AM #133
    It's hard to do when you don't know what is going when the stock is halted. Sprint looks like it's making a deal with Charter and Comcast now. This is great news for Sprint!

Quote Originally Posted by bdp. View Post
    Pandora did bounce and I'm back to additional gains. Of course I wish I bought more this morning, but isn't that the way it always goes...
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Guru
    06-27-2017, 12:10 PM #134
    CYTX just hit 1.18 could be a gapper.

Guru
    06-27-2017, 12:34 PM #135
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    As we can see, this is a classic play out of the Malone takeover playbook. Buys a % of the company, installs "his" own board members and takes control of the board. Eventually, Malone will take over Pandora.
    hopefully it will be as painfull for P holders as it was for us SIRI holders.

Addict
    06-27-2017, 01:33 PM #136
    I hope not!
    Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post

06-27-2017, 02:36 PM #137
    It's interesting you bring this up... I really don't follow Pandora (P) that much but I am assuming they continue to lose money, right? I remember back in 2016 they lost several hundred million. When you say "painful" are you suggesting it's going below a $1 or below $5? If we have a very bad correction, I bet it gets hit hard. What is it that Malone is buying in Pandora? The subs, the content, both, or what? I am surprised someone like Facebook doesn't buy Pandora and incorporate the service so you can listen while facebooking.

Guru
    06-27-2017, 04:09 PM #138
    BDP my comment about P was not directed at you sometimes i speak without thinking...hence i apologize if you are holding P.

Midas....all i really meant was that when Malone and co came in and started to gain control slowly over SIRI by increasing percentage it was a crazy torturious ride....I think we can all think back to the day of big drops for seemingly no reason or the times where price action just moved a penny or two. It was a long, long road for many of us long timers. That is really all I meant nothing more nothing less.

At one point a few years ago i think many of us thought P was going to go down in flames as far as stock price went....i mean how could it not right....burn rate thru the roof. However, now that Malon and company have started to wrap their talons around P i do not see it tanking in the future. I think Malone and company just saved P.

Guru
    06-27-2017, 04:11 PM #139
    CYTX closed at hod 1.18. nice.

06-27-2017, 05:13 PM #140
    Ok. I thought maybe you were thinking Malone purchased the 17% but you still thought it was going to go down significantly. I am still curious to see how they plan on bringing this company to profitability or if they are wanting to combine Sirius XM and Pandora into 1 offering to squeeze the consumer for a few more bucks a month.

BDP my comment about P was not directed at you sometimes i speak without thinking...hence i apologize if you are holding P.

Midas....all i really meant was that when Malone and co came in and started to gain control slowly over SIRI by increasing percentage it was a crazy torturious ride....I think we can all think back to the day of big drops for seemingly no reason or the times where price action just moved a penny or two. It was a long, long road for many of us long timers. That is really all I meant nothing more nothing less.

At one point a few years ago i think many of us thought P was going to go down in flames as far as stock price went....i mean how could it not right....burn rate thru the roof. However, now that Malon and company have started to wrap their talons around P i do not see it tanking in the future. I think Malone and company just saved P.