02-26-2017, 11:56 AM #1

Post Intermittant loss of signal on dealer installed Sirius XM

This past Friday (2/24/17), I had my Toyota Dealer install a OEM Sirius XM radio receiver and fit kit in my 2011 Camry LE. I called Sirius and had the radio activated and paid my bill for the month. The radio keeps losing the signal even after multiple refresh signals. I tried to do a "Live Chat" in order to get some help. I was informed that I need to call Advanced Technical Services at 866-463-5326. That number rings off the hook and no one answers. There is not even a recorded message. I went out a little while ago and the sat radio was working. I just tried again now and "no signal". I am not sure if this is a Sirius problem or a dealer installation problem. Any thoughts on what to do?

02-26-2017, 12:55 PM #2
    I'd probably take it back to the dealer and see if they can fix the problem[might be an antenna problem or maybe a reception problem].

02-26-2017, 01:05 PM #3
    I was thinking about doing that. I sent this same message to Sirius and am waiting for them to respond. We had some pretty bad storms in NE Ohio yesterday and I am wondering if that interfered with reception.

02-28-2017, 12:25 PM #4
    Strong winds and rain do mess with the signal[especially with wet leaves].....I have that problem quite often in my area.

03-20-2017, 02:38 PM #5
    Finally, a Toyota owner with a similar problem...over the past 3 months, my signal reception has gone down on my Sequoia from intermittent to 0. I live in Houston, but when I went to San Antoino, lo and behold it came in just fine. Sirius points to Toyota, Toyota points to Sirius. To be sure, I don't get an antenna error, I get the no signal error. The manual says to drive into an open place and hope it improves...not all that helpful.
    Dealer wants to charge me $100 for electrical analysis, and I'm not sure he'll find anything, as the entire head unit, including NAV works fine.
    Any thoughts?
    Thx