Page 11 of 30 ... 91011121321 ...
    Guru
    08-28-2016, 09:47 PM #101

$$$$ Sirius XM SEPTEMBER 2016 Thread $$$$ :)

If it doesn't make dollars it doesn't make cents! Let make some money!

Addict
    08-29-2016, 07:03 AM #102

Everybody Plays the Fool....sometimes.

Here's the Motley Fool response to Cramer's suggestion that Apple buy SIRI.

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...o-2&yptr=yahoo

Spoiler Alert! Basically he says, (1) Valuations don't work, cause SIRI trades at 35 time earnings while APPL trades at 12 time earnings.(don't know what that has to do with anything. (2) Shareholders (specifically Malone and Liberty) won't let that happen, but for the right price and the right structure (all stock, tax friendly) anything is possible cause Malone is in this to make $$$. and (3) The Gub-ment Regulators won't allow it (really? I don't see a problem.....again, for the right price after they grease a few palms and agree to some stipulations....sure, no problem)

MONEY is the Main Ingredient! (see what I did there?)

Anyhow, enjoy the article and the song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StsxAcQZKOw
    Last edited by user34615145; 08-29-2016 at 07:14 AM.

08-29-2016, 09:23 AM #103
    Looks like everyone is talking of a correction or the beginning of one. Hmmm...
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

08-29-2016, 11:22 AM #104
    I've always enjoyed this promotion. It doesn't cost them a single dime to turn radios on and off.
    I WIN. GAME OVER. CHECK MATE. I CONTROL YOUR EVERY MOVE. WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NEXT

Addict
    08-29-2016, 11:57 AM #105
    Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Looks like everyone is talking of a correction or the beginning of one. Hmmm...
    Who is "everyone"?

To be sure, there is always someone calling for a correction and at some point they'll be proven right, but in the meantime this mkt seems determined to grind higher and continue to climb this "wall of worry".

There was an article in this week's Barrons entitled "Options Volatility Sleeps as Risks Increase" which conceded that the current low mkt volatility is perhaps the "calm before the storm" and that speaks to your point...but the article also alluded to the very real possibily/probability that things continue to just move along and grind higher.

Here's an excerpt:

"Equity volatility, realized and implied, is at extremely low levels, especially with major economic reports, possible interest-rate hikes, and a contentious presidential election on the horizon. Greater volatility would confirm what many investors believe: that the U.S. stock market deserves to trade at a significant risk premium. Yet the market’s grinding advance persists against a backdrop of ultralow interest rates."

But the "smart money" doesn't seem to be concerned, as the article continues;

“A surefire way to get a laugh out of equity portfolio managers these days is to recommend hedges,” says Jim Strugger, MKM Partners’ derivatives strategist."
    Last edited by user34615145; 08-29-2016 at 12:03 PM.

Addict
    08-29-2016, 02:24 PM #106

Reply to Dm-4 with additional info for Midas

Quote Originally Posted by dm_4 View Post
    Si, Alaska is a natural beauty man. I was fortunate enough to be able to call Eagle River, AK my home while serving this great country while enlisted in the USAF. Was there 5 wonderful years man...cant wait to see your pictures.
    If I can recall how to do attachments, here's a representative shot of what Alaska was all about: In case the image is too small, do what you can to zoom in on it.......... 6 seals atop a passing ice burg....... in August, yet.

And for Midas, check out this close-up of a bee on a flower........zoom in if possible

And if the Preview of this message is any indication, then the pictures didn't locate as I had hoped. Anyway, I hope you get the idea. PS. Dm, there dimply are too many pictures to post. I'll try to place them in Flicker soon and merely supply a link to view. Alaska was absolutely beautiful, with seals, whales, sea lions, bald eagles, ice burgs, glaciers, and yes, the Botanical Gardens in Victoria, B. C. Canada
    Attached Images Attached Images

08-29-2016, 02:33 PM #107
    Anyone see this article?

Auto sales in line for decline

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016...ne-for-decline

Guru
    08-29-2016, 10:18 PM #108
    nice pics SI. Alaska is a awesome state. Short story...I was 18 years old, join the military and they send my butt to all places South Florida (Homestead AFB). Man o man...talk about a dream assignment. Good times...too good lol. It was literally life in the fast lane. After about a year i call my buddy Sonny who worked inbound/outbound assignments...I said Sonny ya gotta get me out of here before i get in trouble. He calls me back two days later he says how does Alaska sound? I was all over it man. I even had to give an additional year of service to go. I went and never looked back. Alaska is just majestic state. Glad you got to experience it SI...anyone else ever think of traveling there i highly recommend it. One of my favorite spots was Homer, AK...its the halibut capital of the world. We would camp out on the spite and go out on the boats in the am. Can't wait to go back some day. Hell....i even drove from Anchorage to Boston when i finally left. The drive thru the Yukon Territory was a trip man. Talk about remote...i didn't have radio for like 2 full days driving lol.

08-29-2016, 10:31 PM #109
    Now you will claim you were some personal injury lawyer now too.

Head Honcho
    08-30-2016, 01:45 AM #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Garcar View Post
    Sorry, do not know how to link material. However, Jim Cramer on Mad Money tonight highly supports and gives reasons for Apple to purchase SiriusXm. Please go to CNBC website and listen.
    Thanks for the Lulz. I needed that.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 11 of 30 ... 91011121321 ...