Page 5 of 30 ... 3456715 ...
    Addict
    07-27-2016, 09:32 PM #41

The Trump Effect!

Quote Originally Posted by midas360 View Post
    Attachment 1674

Go Trump!
    Dang Midas, you are just like Trump! Some people like you and some people don't and while you might get people riled up I guess at least you are not boring because this Thread has more posts in the two days since you started posting than the entire July "roll call" thread had all month when I don't think you posted once. That's a classic Trump Effect!
    Last edited by user34615145; 07-27-2016 at 09:35 PM.

07-27-2016, 10:49 PM #42
    I'm fine Midas. I'm out Siri ,Took profits. holding some cash ,Bought Appl . . will get back in siri on a big dip if it ever comes. happens .

Guru
    07-28-2016, 07:01 AM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    Dang Midas, you are just like Trump! Some people like you and some people don't and while you might get people riled up I guess at least you are not boring because this Thread has more posts in the two days since you started posting than the entire July "roll call" thread had all month when I don't think you posted once. That's a classic Trump Effect!
    I poked a nerve...It was my 2.75 /Doughboy comment that inspired him!
    Last edited by dm_4; 07-28-2016 at 07:26 AM.

Addict
    07-28-2016, 02:49 PM #44

Balls!

Hey SI, I played two balls this morning. Carded a 40 with one and a 38 with the other. Things are coming around!
    Didn't strike the ball particularly well this morning but was able to get up and down with a sweet short game that seems to be coming into it's own with a new club I've put in the bag. Anything 20 yards from the flag and in, I've been using a 65 degree wedge - believe it or not, it's the XE-1 model that Aaron Oberholser hawks on Golf Channel! My wife got it for my birthday and yes, it is an "old man club" and that's OK cause, well..... I am an old man. I swear I look just like those old farts on the commercial, but who cares? it's a really nice club with a huge bounce. - no way can you stick it - clubhead just glides under the ball and pops it almost straight up in the air. I can take almost a full swing and it'll go maybe 20 yards....also perhaps 30 feet in the air, and comes almost straight down and really doesn't roll at all from there. Of course, if there are any overhanging branches that club is out of the question and it's back to a little bump and run with a 6 or 7.

As far as anything concerning the stock market, I sold GPRO $12 puts early last week that expired on Friday (I almost always do weekly expirations) and collected $.41/share. GPRO closed on Friday at $11.08 so I got assigned the stock and on Monday I sold the $12 calls expiring this Friday for $.42/share....they reported quarterly earnings yesterday after market close and did pretty well and the stock is up over $13 today so it looks like I'll get called away tomorrow - barring any big pullback. Just for sh!t's-n- giggles I sold the $13 puts for tomorrows op-ex too and collected another $.29/share.....so if it closes above $13 tomorrow I'll be out of the stock but with a combined $1.12 in premiums in two weeks - on a $12/$13 stock. If it closes below $13 but above $12 then my current shares will be called away but I'll get assigned "replacement shares", for which I'll just write short dated and close to the money calls. Not necessarily advocating this strategy for anyone here but rather just keeping it real and sharing (one of) my trades. I recognize that Options can be risky and aren't for everyone...sometimes though, if you want to card a good score you need to have some balls!

(see what I did there?....all the way back around to the title of the post!)
    Last edited by user34615145; 07-28-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Guru
    07-29-2016, 10:59 PM #45
    You played with your balls this morning?

Addict
    08-01-2016, 08:47 AM #46
    Hey USER, MIDAS, DM, and any others hanging out here now. First of all, User I'm proud to hear of your game improvement. I'm still on the sidelines with a bum Rotator Cuff so I'll just have to help you enjoy your success.

Regarding ETE, yep I came in at $9 or $10, and still holding for additional gains in stock value and the divvies.

And thanks to Midas last year I took a significant position in "T", and that really was a good move.

Regarding the erect........err election, if you have not seen the movie "Hillary's America" which opened a week ago Friday in theatres, that is a MUST SEE. If you can't get to the movie, then pick up the book with same name by Dinesh D'souza. The movie is already rated among the top ten ever as a Politial Documentary, and #1 this year in that category......... Check out on the web the movie trailer in http://www.dineshdsouza.com/news/hil...erica-trailer/ . After that, you will surely be shouting "Go Trump". Sorry if you tried to see the movie trailer in my initial web link. Here is one that works best.

Go SIRI.

Quote Originally Posted by user34615145 View Post
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...etail-momentum

On a brighter note, Hey SI, I shot a 40 on the back nine of one of the local courses yesterday. Slowly working that handicap down!
    Last edited by siriusly_invested; 08-01-2016 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Edit movine link

Addict
    08-01-2016, 09:58 AM #47
    In my previous post I included a link to what I thought was the trailer to the movie "Hillary's America". That link no-longer is the right path. Please see the trailer of the movie here: http://www.dineshdsouza.com/news/hil...erica-trailer/

Addict
    08-01-2016, 12:09 PM #48

Gopro trumpalozza!

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post
    In my previous post I included a link to what I thought was the trailer to the movie "Hillary's America". That link no-longer is the right path. Please see the trailer of the movie here: http://www.dineshdsouza.com/news/hil...erica-trailer/
    Thanks for the link SI. Will definitely go see the movie.

Was on track to card a 38 this morning after 8 holes but then pushed my drive to the right on the 9th tee and ended up in the next fairway over with trees blocking my approach. Now I know what Jordan Spieth felt like at the Master's on 17. (OK, so maybe trying to break 40 for nine holes at your local public course on Monday morning vs. going for the win on Sunday at the Masters is not really even a close comparison, but to me it felt like it) . I tried to go over the trees but got caught in the tops and ended up taking a double bogie six for a 40. bummer.

As predicted, my $12 GPRO shares got called away and my $13 GPRO Puts got assigned. I sold those $13's this morning at $13.10 and then sold the $13.50 puts that expire this friday for $.65...so there you have it.
    Last edited by user34615145; 08-02-2016 at 06:56 AM.

Addict
    08-01-2016, 02:52 PM #49

Be Careful!

Quote Originally Posted by siriusly_invested View Post

Regarding ETE, yep I came in at $9 or $10, and still holding for additional gains in stock value and the divvies.
    SI, Congrats on your ETE trade. Don' t know much about the stock and I'm not invested in it in any way but I did take a look at it after you posted and noticed that they are announcing earnings after the market closes on Wednesday 8/3. Maybe you are already aware of this but I thought I'd point it out regardless as the stock looks to have appreciated quite nicely this year already but being an energy related services company with exposure to oil an nat gas and with the stockpile of inventory in these commodities continuing to provide some overhang (witness the recent price weakness). On the plus side, if I'm reading things right, ETE's market cap is less than 1/2 it's annual sales???.... and it's trading at less than book value as well???, so who knows what surprises may be revealed in the numbers and or the conf. call on Wednesday. GL.

Edit: This morning's Bloomberg had a good article to read and consider if you are invested in oil and gas related stocks: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...rude-next-year

Edit#2: And here's another quick spot to watch and take into consideration: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos...own-oil-prices
    Last edited by user34615145; 08-02-2016 at 07:21 AM.

Addict
    08-02-2016, 07:44 AM #50

July Auto Sales

Auto sales data for July is due out today, with total vehicle sales expected to increase to 17.3 million units, up from June's 16.61 million.

Could be more good news for SIRI.

Then again, who knows?

Page 5 of 30 ... 3456715 ...